• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

maddoc68

First Name
Alfred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar I-Pace, macan 4S ordered
Country flag
Sounds like I should move to Norway or Austria to avoid a deposit! Although I’m guessing it’s more expensive to buy the Macan there…
suppose so: Macan 4s, 25.000,- extras = 121.000,-, 5% Off = 116.000,- in Austria

glaucohrm

First Name
Glauco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan ev 4s
Country flag
Here in south Brazil it is around 8k usd for the order. Probably the most expensive place to order. But as a curiosity, Porsche charges less here when compared to other brands. For example: A BMW ix50 has a similar price in USA to a macan 4s with some options. Here in Brazil, the ix50 is around 25k usd more expensive.

rpbrazil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo EV
Country flag
Here in south Brazil it is around 8k usd for the order. Probably the most expensive place to order. But as a curiosity, Porsche charges less here when compared to other brands. For example: A BMW ix50 has a similar price in USA to a macan 4s with some options. Here in Brazil, the ix50 is around 25k usd more expensive.
I had to put 10% down (over $ 14k USD) for my turbo order when I got the allocation. And when my car arrives, I will also make it bulletproof (very common for Porsche owners who live in São Paulo to do it), which is an extra $21k USD (they have to take everything apart to add the Kevlar-like material to the doors, roof, pillars, and change all glass for 18mm thick, and then put it all back). 🥲
@glaucohrm, are you also making it bulletproof?
Just out of curiosity, I’m attaching a brand-new Cayenne going through this process. Very sad I have to do this.

Macan EV Placed your Macan EV order? Post your configuration! 🙋🏻‍♂️ IMG_5869

Macan EV Placed your Macan EV order? Post your configuration! 🙋🏻‍♂️ IMG_5866

Macan EV Placed your Macan EV order? Post your configuration! 🙋🏻‍♂️ IMG_5865

OP
OP
tmrqs

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
I had to put 10% down (over $ 14k USD) for my turbo order when I got the allocation. And when my car arrives, I will also make it bulletproof (very common for Porsche owners who live in São Paulo to do it), which is an extra $21k USD (they have to take everything apart to add the Kevlar-like material to the doors, roof, pillars, and change all glass for 18mm thick, and then put it all back). 🥲
What is the weight of all these bulletproof add-ons? That’s going to impact range I expect - although being familiar with Brazil and its situation, I understand why it’s done.

rpbrazil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo EV
Country flag
What is the weight of all these bulletproof add-ons? That’s going to impact range I expect - although being familiar with Brazil and its situation, I understand why it’s done.
It adds around 170kg / 375 lbs.
As this is such a heavy car, it’s not going to impact as much. It’s basically 2 adults.

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3 LR '21 - Macan 4 expected arrival 20/9/24
Country flag
10k € in advance deposit in Italy.

glaucohrm

First Name
Glauco
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan ev 4s
Country flag
@glaucohrm, are you also making it bulletproof?
Just out of curiosity, I’m attaching a brand-new Cayenne going through this process. Very sad I have to do this.

IMG_5869.jpeg

IMG_5866.jpeg

IMG_5865.jpeg
I had to put down only 43k R$ (around 8k usd) for the order of my 4s.
In São Paulo is very common to make it bulletproof but not so much here in the south (I live in Curitiba and also travel frequently to Santa Catarina). Maybe in a few years we will have to do it as well, but so far is rare here, even for Porsches.

bbmertz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Tesla Y, Ford F-150
Country flag
Just placed my Volcano Grey 4S order with a $5,000 USD deposit (configuration link below). Decided to upgrade from standard interior to $960 leather package in black after seeing it at the dealership and also added rear axle steering after speaking with a driver at PEC Atlanta. Splurged on the Bordeaux red compass dial to match the red seatbelts.
https://configurator.porsche.com/porche-code/PS8BQQP9

Dealer had an existing allocation so I have a production freeze date of September 16 and estimated delivery date of November 22.

Last edited:
OP
OP
tmrqs

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Just placed my 4S order with a $5,000 USD deposit (configuration link below). Decided to upgrade from standard interior to $960 leather package in black after seeing it at the dealership and also added rear axle steering after speaking with a driver at PEC Atlanta.
https://configurator.porsche.com/porche-code/PS8BQQP9

Dealer had an existing allocation so I have a production freeze date of September 16 and estimated delivery date of November 22.
Congrats, good looking config!

OP
OP
tmrqs

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My rep just informed me he can’t get the 0NA deletion code through… so they will take a look at it once they receive it, or I’ll try myself with your advice. Thanks!
SAs have been going on trainings ahead of the Macan launch the past couple of weeks!

It seems the official communication of Porsche on the logo deletion is as follows:

- in Europe, they now only sell EV Macan and so there can be no confusion = deletion is possible
- in the US, because both ICE and EV are available, they want to avoid confusion = deletion not offered

There is still a high level of confidence in the fact the side/read designations are glued and can be removed once they get to the dealership, so that's something.

Tanckx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q4
Country flag
Considering switching for the 100th time, to Copper Ruby Metallic exterior with Bramble interior. Would the color combination work?
Macan EV Placed your Macan EV order? Post your configuration! 🙋🏻‍♂️ IMG_1542

ChicagoEV

First Name
Pav
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Turbo; RS7; Nissan GTR; Rivian R1-S
Country flag
I did my deposit last week. Macan Turbo: Slate Grey Neo, black interior with deviated seats (Burgundy) and matching seatbelts. Off road package in body color with trim in gloss black. Added some blue highlights (light strip and headlights). Kept the wheels at 20 inches because if I go bigger, I will go for something aftermarket.
Code: PSU2BK73
Macan EV Placed your Macan EV order? Post your configuration! 🙋🏻‍♂️ 1725510042997-mc