• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

NicoLib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
Hello, I have a black Taycan 4S CT and red interior. I ordered a Macan 4S for January 2025. I can't choose the color... Volcano Grey or Dolomite silver? Silver allows you to better see the contrasts with the black elements and less dirty. Volcano Grey is more classy and the combination with the beige interior is rather pretty..

Based on the 2 configurations, who can help me choose?
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PSCP6AR4

https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PSF2TS57

Thanks

Macan EV Placed your Macan EV order? Post your configuration! 🙋🏻‍♂️ Capture d’écran 2024-09-08 à 11.50.36

Macan EV Placed your Macan EV order? Post your configuration! 🙋🏻‍♂️ Capture d’écran 2024-09-08 à 11.46.28

Macan EV Placed your Macan EV order? Post your configuration! 🙋🏻‍♂️ Capture d’écran 2024-09-08 à 11.53.10

Macan EV Placed your Macan EV order? Post your configuration! 🙋🏻‍♂️ Capture d’écran 2024-09-08 à 11.55.09

Macan EV Placed your Macan EV order? Post your configuration! 🙋🏻‍♂️ Capture d’écran 2024-09-08 à 11.56.42

Macan EV Placed your Macan EV order? Post your configuration! 🙋🏻‍♂️ Capture d’écran 2024-09-08 à 11.57.53

Macan EV Placed your Macan EV order? Post your configuration! 🙋🏻‍♂️ Capture d’écran 2024-09-08 à 11.58.56

Macan EV Placed your Macan EV order? Post your configuration! 🙋🏻‍♂️ Capture d’écran 2024-09-08 à 11.59.19

Macan EV Placed your Macan EV order? Post your configuration! 🙋🏻‍♂️ Capture d’écran 2024-09-08 à 11.59.59

Macan EV Placed your Macan EV order? Post your configuration! 🙋🏻‍♂️ Image 8-09-24 à 11.49

mako

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60 T8
Country flag
Hello, I have a black Taycan 4S CT and red interior. I ordered a Macan 4S for January 2025. I can't choose the color... Volcano Grey or Dolomite silver? Silver allows you to better see the contrasts with the black elements and less dirty. Volcano Grey is more classy and the combination with the beige interior is rather pretty..

Based on the 2 configurations, who can help me choose?
https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PSCP6AR4

https://configurator.porsche.com/porsche-code/PSF2TS57

Thanks

Capture d’écran 2024-09-08 à 11.50.36.jpeg

Capture d’écran 2024-09-08 à 11.46.28.jpeg

Capture d’écran 2024-09-08 à 11.53.10.jpeg

Capture d’écran 2024-09-08 à 11.55.09.jpeg

Capture d’écran 2024-09-08 à 11.56.42.jpeg

Capture d’écran 2024-09-08 à 11.57.53.jpeg

Capture d’écran 2024-09-08 à 11.58.56.jpeg

Capture d’écran 2024-09-08 à 11.59.19.jpeg

Capture d’écran 2024-09-08 à 11.59.59.jpeg

Image 8-09-24 à 11.49.jpg
I saw both Dolomite and Volcano this week in a same yard, I posted photos in Showroom threads. Both colors looks different in real life than you see in configurator, however the cars were in shadow. Dolomite silver has some bluish hue in the color and you can see car's shape very clearly. If looks somehow more unique than Volcano grey. With Volcano color there are a lot of reflections, but the color is deep and yes it is classy. But in the car I saw and posted, I was missing some contrasting elements. Maybe the black glossy side blades gives it... From these two I preferred Dolomite, and now I'm struggling between it and Slate Grey Neo :)

NicoLib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
I saw both Dolomite and Volcano this week in a same yard, I posted photos in Showroom threads. Both colors looks different in real life than you see in configurator, however the cars were in shadow. Dolomite silver has some bluish hue in the color and you can see car's shape very clearly. If looks somehow more unique than Volcano grey. With Volcano color there are a lot of reflections, but the color is deep and yes it is classy. But in the car I saw and posted, I was missing some contrasting elements. Maybe the black glossy side blades gives it... From these two I preferred Dolomite, and now I'm struggling between it and Slate Grey Neo :)
Thank you for your opinion :)

It is true that the silver dolomite has blue reflections that are not very pretty in my opinion..

A real light gray at Porsche is the gray GT silver ..

So what is possible to do is to order in Volcano and possibly place a GT silver covering after receiving the car...
This avoids the PTS color option at €10,000 ;-)

MeMyselfAndI

First Name
Pieter
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan (MY 21)
Country flag
After going back and forward on a few things, and having seen some Macans IRL, I finally decided on this (black-themed) configuration: Porsche Code
Pretty happy with this config, not too exuberant, focussed on the things that I value. Now I have a few weeks to enjoy and say goodbye to my Taycan and by the beginning of December, this black beauty should be on my driveway! 🤩

NicoLib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
After going back and forward on a few things, and having seen some Macans IRL, I finally decided on this (black-themed) configuration: Porsche Code
Pretty happy with this config, not too exuberant, focussed on the things that I value. Now I have a few weeks to enjoy and say goodbye to my Taycan and by the beginning of December, this black beauty should be on my driveway! 🤩
Full Black! It's beautiful and congratulations

For my part, I'm tired of the black and I'm changing to the volcano with a light interior .. maybe I'm getting older?.. :)

xmlguy

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan Turbo S, Cayenne Turbo E-Hybrid
Country flag
This is the build I'm leaning towards to replace my Taycan Turbo S. My SA says they're not making a lot of Turbos, so I guess I could be waiting a while. I've saw a few cars in Oak Green Metallic when I went to pick up my wife's Cayenne Turbo E-Hybrid, and I love it.

I originally was playing with carbon for the side blades too, but I actually think the external color blades look great in this color. Plus, I think it would detract from the carbon on the wheels.

I also think the deviated centers work great in this combination. Pretty happy with this :involve:

Macan EV Placed your Macan EV order? Post your configuration! 🙋🏻‍♂️ 3-seats

Macan EV Placed your Macan EV order? Post your configuration! 🙋🏻‍♂️ 1-side

Macan EV Placed your Macan EV order? Post your configuration! 🙋🏻‍♂️ 2-rear-quarter

Macan EV Placed your Macan EV order? Post your configuration! 🙋🏻‍♂️ 4-dashboard

Fun TC Driving

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
iX M60, C8 Z06
Country flag
Nice color and option choices. I agree with your sentences: “I originally was playing with carbon for the side blades too, but I actually think the external color blades look great in this color. Plus, I think it would detract from the carbon on the wheels.”

The blade carbon fiber’s “weave spacing” is different there than on the CF wheels and that’s why while we had the carbon fiber side blades on our earlier configurations, we long ago removed them and are also going with the body colored ones.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Porsche Code

Very similar to my second Taycan. Very classy combo, all the sporty options, some nice QoL options.

I'll probably aftermarket wheels at some point. Ice Grey over Biege is so nice. Big fan of Neodyme with that combo as well. I played with different combos but really don't like the color options, think it's a weak release slate. Hoping by the time a GTS comes out it'll add some neater combos.

Last edited:

cottony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla
Country flag
Does anyone know what the difference is between "Exclusive Design Taillights" and the standard taillights? The previous description said something about going/leaving home light animation but looks like that wording has been removed.

The current description says brake lights are blacked out... the thing is, every picture of macan ev I've seen has blacked out brake lights, so does that mean every picture is showing a Macan with Exclusive Design Taillights optioned?

habermas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan EV Turbo
Country flag
I spent some time around the Volcano Grey in PEC Atlanta last month, it's a dark deep luminous grey that is elegant while giving a more aggressive look to the car. Slate Grey Neo however is my first choice ;-) A very unique color, saw it on the new hybrid 911 GTS.

Macan EV Placed your Macan EV order? Post your configuration! 🙋🏻‍♂️ IMG_7908

Macan EV Placed your Macan EV order? Post your configuration! 🙋🏻‍♂️ IMG_7907

Macan EV Placed your Macan EV order? Post your configuration! 🙋🏻‍♂️ IMG_7906

Macan EV Placed your Macan EV order? Post your configuration! 🙋🏻‍♂️ IMG_7905

Sideline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E450 wagon
Country flag
Does anyone know what the difference is between "Exclusive Design Taillights" and the standard taillights? The previous description said something about going/leaving home light animation but looks like that wording has been removed.

The current description says brake lights are blacked out... the thing is, every picture of macan ev I've seen has blacked out brake lights, so does that mean every picture is showing a Macan with Exclusive Design Taillights optioned?
This is great question and I'm still trying to fully understand the differences (my build locks on Sep 15th). I believe all models have taillights that are "blacked out" with some clear sections that light up, however the Exclusive Design Taillights (I assume you mean the "LED incl. Tinted Light Strip" option Code 8VZ) changes the light source of the long horizontal light bar (near the top of the bar above the PORSCHE lettering) to an LED matrix that can be "animated", and I believe the lens is tinted rather than clear. It's difficult to see in these photos but the Provence Turbo has the standard taillight and the Oak Green Turbo has the LED incl. Tinted Light Strip (Option Code 8VZ):

Macan EV Placed your Macan EV order? Post your configuration! 🙋🏻‍♂️ PXL_20240910_173639446.RAW-01.COVER1

Macan EV Placed your Macan EV order? Post your configuration! 🙋🏻‍♂️ PXL_20240824_152023989.RAW-01.COVER3

Last edited:

cottony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla
Country flag
This is great question that I'm still trying to fully understand the differences (my build locks on Sep 15th). I believe all models have taillights that are "blacked out" with some clear sections that light up, however the Exclusive Design Taillights (I assume you mean the "LED incl. Tinted Light Strip" option Code 8VZ) changes the light source of the long horizontal light bar (near the top of the bar above the PORSCHE lettering) to an LED matrix that can be "animated", and I believe the lens is tinted rather than clear. It's difficult to see in these photos but the Provence Turbo has the standard taillight and the Oak Green Turbo has the LED incl. Tinted Light Strip (Option Code 8VZ):

PXL_20240910_173639446.RAW-01.COVER1.jpg

PXL_20240824_152023989.RAW-01.COVER3.jpg
Thanks for shedding some “light” on this haha 🤣

Yes I checked the option codes and we are talking about the same option. In USA it’s recently changed to “Exclusive Design Taillights” and it’s available in black or blue.

Appearance-wise, it’s so similar to the standard option that it leads me to believe the premium is solely for the programmable LED.

But the description says the function is identical to standard taillights, so that means it’s a $1k upgrade for some flashing lights when I lock and unlock the car? How programmable are these lights exactly…

My freeze date is also fast approaching and I’m leaning towards not optioning this given your findings, how about you? Thanks!

Macan EV Placed your Macan EV order? Post your configuration! 🙋🏻‍♂️ IMG_2863

route128

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Carrera 911, 2020 Tesla Model X
Country flag
I've ordered a Gentian Blue Metallic Macan Turbo that is current scheduled to be delivered next week! My dealer says it is the only Turbo allocation they have this year. I placed the order on January 25th this year, shortly after the announcement. They confirmed yesterday for me that the arrival date has not changed in the system and the dealership has been contacted by the transport trucking company so it looks on schedule at the moment. They say even after it arrives they will still need permission from Porsche to deliver it to me and they say that is pending some sort of software update.

I tried to configure it with all the interesting goodies including the 22" RS Spyder wheel in Gentian Blue, Bordeaux and Black leather interior, rear axle steering, sport chrono, augmented reality heads up display and the passenger display. Excited for its arrival!!

Macan EV Placed your Macan EV order? Post your configuration! 🙋🏻‍♂️ Screenshot 2024-09-11 at 11.03.23 PM

Macan EV Placed your Macan EV order? Post your configuration! 🙋🏻‍♂️ Screenshot 2024-09-11 at 11.04.10 PM

Macan EV Placed your Macan EV order? Post your configuration! 🙋🏻‍♂️ Screenshot 2024-09-11 at 11.04.36 PM

NicoLib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
Thanks for shedding some “light” on this haha 🤣

Yes I checked the option codes and we are talking about the same option. In USA it’s recently changed to “Exclusive Design Taillights” and it’s available in black or blue.

Appearance-wise, it’s so similar to the standard option that it leads me to believe the premium is solely for the programmable LED.

But the description says the function is identical to standard taillights, so that means it’s a $1k upgrade for some flashing lights when I lock and unlock the car? How programmable are these lights exactly…

My freeze date is also fast approaching and I’m leaning towards not optioning this given your findings, how about you? Thanks!

IMG_2863.jpg
Hello

The LED animation consists only of an appearance of the light from the center to the outside when unlocking the car and vice versa when locking it