• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

route128

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Carrera 911, 2020 Tesla Model X
Country flag
Here is the tracking sheet from the dealer. Apparently it has been sitting in a parking lot in Rhode Island since the end of July!

Macan EV Placed your Macan EV order? Post your configuration! 🙋🏻‍♂️ Screenshot 2024-09-12 at 9.03.52 AM

Sideline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E450 wagon
Country flag
Thanks for shedding some “light” on this haha 🤣

Yes I checked the option codes and we are talking about the same option. In USA it’s recently changed to “Exclusive Design Taillights” and it’s available in black or blue.

Appearance-wise, it’s so similar to the standard option that it leads me to believe the premium is solely for the programmable LED.

But the description says the function is identical to standard taillights, so that means it’s a $1k upgrade for some flashing lights when I lock and unlock the car? How programmable are these lights exactly…

My freeze date is also fast approaching and I’m leaning towards not optioning this given your findings, how about you? Thanks!

IMG_2863.jpg
Just noted that Exclusive Design Taillights (US configurator) is CODE 8VQ and the accents look blue; the LED Taillights incl. Tinted Light Strip (CAN configurator) is CODE 8VZ. In the US configurator, CODE 8VQ is Light Strip with "PORSCHE" Logo in Black.

Last edited:

krissrock

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi TT Roadster, Ducati Panigale, Cheverolet Trailblazer, Kia Sportage Hybrid
Country flag
woah...they're still changing the configurator...? am I crazy or was the LED-Matrix Design Headlights in Black incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS+) not an option for any model other than the turbo before?
i'm lookin at a 4S, and iirc, it was only regular, Matrix, Matrix black or Matrix blue... Now i see the PDLS applied to the colors
this is also messed up as they both say "black" but the top one is blue...

Macan EV Placed your Macan EV order? Post your configuration! 🙋🏻‍♂️ 1726504767205-bv

Greenmachine

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 Range Rover, Tacoma
Country flag
woah...they're still changing the configurator...? am I crazy or was the LED-Matrix Design Headlights in Black incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS+) not an option for any model other than the turbo before?
i'm lookin at a 4S, and iirc, it was only regular, Matrix, Matrix black or Matrix blue... Now i see the PDLS applied to the colors

1726504767205-bv.jpg
You’re not crazy. I had to change my build again for the SA. At least I have a functional argument for my blue lights now.

MFitz

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan S ordered PSPRDQM3
Country flag
You’re not crazy. I had to change my build again for the SA. At least I have a functional argument for my blue lights now
You’re not crazy. I had to change my build again for the SA. At least I have a functional argument for my blue lights now.
Both options now say Black but one shows a blue illustration so i assume the description is wrong.

Dragon Tourniquet

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX
Country flag

1726504767205-bv.jpg
The order I placed ~6 weeks ago just shows "LED-Matrix Design Headlights in Black", but it is code 8IV, which is the same code the build page shows now for the "LED-Matrix Design Headlights in Black incl. Porsche Dynamic Light System Plus (PDLS+)". So I think they just changed the description, not the functionality.