• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.
Sponsored

Porsche Tech claiming the car is shit

krissrock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi TT Roadster, Ducati Panigale, Cheverolet Trailblazer, Kia Sportage Hybrid
Country flag
If any of you guys are not on reddit, you may at least want to keep your eyes open over there.
New account claiming to be a 20 yr Porsche master tech, and he's claiming the car is "shit."
He's only posting in the macan and Porsche subreddits, but the message is the same. He's saying the car has not been developed and has a host of issues.
I am trying to encourage him to explain. But just heads up if any of you are interested in what info he may have...

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Few_protection3380 does seem like he'd know. I always go to Reddit for unbiased opinions.

;)

I mean, the Macan launch sucks. We all know that. The software wasn't finished but that doesn't mean the car sucks.

byebye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan EV to be delivered… or not
Country flag
On motor-talk.de, at least two owners have their Q6 stucked at the dealership for 2 months. They took delivery, and 1/2 weeks after, problems appeared…
Someone who says he knows someone at Cariad (I know the man who knows another who…) that basically describes a panic mode related to software issues. They didn’t want to delay the launch (again), so they launched it anyway…
Taycan launch was very bad, Macan launch seems to be even worse from the dealership point of view.

Fortunately, it seems obvious that already delivered cars work perfectly!

PaoloPix

First Name
Paolo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi A4 Avant
Country flag
Youth problems have always been there on cars. I hope I'm not too much of a guinea pig. Mine arrives in a month

OP
OP
krissrock

krissrock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
if this is true...this guy really was not happy about having to spend those 4 days reprogramming something...
it does seem kinda like he has a grudge...
he even changed his name to "Fuck Macan EV" lol ...and has gone through every post on reddit to "warn" ppl ...

OP
OP
krissrock

krissrock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
just for information. This is probably why ppl were not able to take delivery of their cars.

apparently some module was draining the battery, but apprently the updated module was readily available... what wasn't available, was the one time use replacement bolts needed to secure the new control module.
there was also a way for them to replace the module w/o removing the bolts..

Electric Macan EV Porsche Tech claiming the car is shit 1729361726941-iz

OdoDog

First Name
Keith
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan EV
Country flag
New vehicles - particularly hybrid and electric vehicles have commonly typically have dozens of manufacturer communications in their first year. Many are part of managing the knowledge base of the dealerships receiving the vehicles. But it is also an issue of company habits - it is likely more important to look at the number of customer complaints and recalls. VW/Audi/Porsche issue a lot of communications compared to some other manufacturers. By comparison to other Porsche vehicles the Taycan has a slightly higher level of communications, but it also is related to the number of variants, options, and sales. Sort on brands at https://www.nhtsa.gov/recalls to see the differences.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
At the end of the day we all know the launch has been a disaster. But the car is, objectively, excellent.

The software is super buggy, but the cars that have been delivered haven't seemed to have had major issues. Going through the different forums, I've seen some minor issues on delivered cars (which is true of about every car these days, unfortunately) but generally a high level of satisfaction.

This launch is a mess but hopefully we'll get past it soon(ish)