• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.
Sponsored

Porsche Tech claiming the car is shit

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I always find it funny when people pound the table for OTAs then you look at any Tesla or Rivian forum after an OTA and there are numerous "The OTA bricked my car!" posts.

The latest Rivian OTA screwed up both my and my brother's R1S.

Wawando

First Name
Filipe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT GTS, 992 4s Cab, Macan EV Turbo
Country flag
It should but if you reset your car, there is a bug. And you need to manually set it or nothing else will work properly 🤓
But that is what he did in my car… and it worked… full reset inside the garage then a ride outside to get date/time from satellite …

macanchan

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E30/36/46 M3, 97 993TT, 08 S2K CR, 08 430 Scuderia
Country flag
I did a reset but nothing seemed to change or resolve the issues. Took the car to the dealer and they had it for 2 weeks, when I checked the app they weren’t even working on it. I called them a week in and they started to diagnose it. They ordered a new climate control module but I picked up the car instead of waiting for the part. Now everything seems to work ok, without any parts being replaced. (AC vent and XM radio antenna)

I haven’t had any problems since…

about the tech, I can see why they don’t like EV’s. They don’t diagnose cars like they did 20 years ago. 95% of their skills are now obsolete with EV’s.

Last edited:

Andron

First Name
Andrea
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Incoming Macan4S, 964 Carrera 4, Panamera Turbo S
Country flag
I went to the dealer to fix a maintenance on my 964 Carrera 4....dealer was full of Macan 4 and Turbo in pre delivery check I also saw the Macan 4 that I ordered (but asap they announced the 4S I switched to that version...ETA December but ...I thing January 25). The workshop manager fixed my maintenance for end November telling he is quite busy in the workshop and unfortunately that was the first available date, this is really uncommon as usually it takes max 2 weeks to have the car serviced.... they invited me to access the workshop for inspecting my ''old'' Macan 4 just to see if i did a good configuration and have a preview of what should arrive sooner or later.. I saw a lot of Macan with open Frunk and cables everywhere. We all know that the first models aren' t at the top despite all the test they carry out , if you'll stay on the safe side than buy the GTS version. Fo r all workshop mangers fixing the bug of a new entry means investing resources to do unplanned activities that impact on the profits of the department that usually is the cash machine of the dealer.........

Electric Macan EV Porsche Tech claiming the car is shit IMG_8211