• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Regeneration / Regenerative Braking in Macan EV?

SCOUBI22222

First Name
ARNAUD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
PORSCHE TAYCAN ST
Country flag
Good morning,
I haven't seen the subject on regeneration on the Macan videos.
The button on the steering wheel of the Taycan is no longer present, so no regenerative braking?
Bye

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
My understanding is that it is a blend and it will regen up to 240kW.
Kyle did mention this in both his videos.

OP
OP

SCOUBI22222

First Name
ARNAUD
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
PORSCHE TAYCAN ST
Country flag
Does that mean it's automatic?

Perry

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla SP85D, Model P3D, Taycan Turbo S CT
Country flag
My understanding is that it is a blend and it will regen up to 240kW.
Kyle did mention this in both his videos.
This is not new. Both Taycan and Macan use blended braking. The regen button on the Taycan steering wheel only controls the passive regen when you lift the foot off the pedal, not the amount of regen you get from braking.

Presumably, the Macan does the same, but doesn’t have the button for quickly switching between regen modes (if they haven’t moved it somewhere else). Like the Taycan, the regen mode can probably still be configured in the drive settings.

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
This is not new. Both Taycan and Macan use blended braking. The regen button on the Taycan steering wheel only controls the passive regen when you lift the foot off the pedal, not the amount of regen you get from braking.

Presumably, the Macan does the same, but doesn’t have the button for quickly switching between regen modes (if they haven’t moved it somewhere else). Like the Taycan, the regen mode can probably still be configured in the drive settings.
Absolutely, it’s not new: I believe the 240kW regen limit is Macan specific but blended braking is common.

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
16 Macan Turbo, 20 Cayenne Turbo, 23 Taycan Turbo
Country flag
I am curios with no information to confirm or deny if Macan EV has Regen options adjustment similar to Taycan. Specifically, is it possible to configure for each Driving Mode a Regen setting of Off/On/Auto. Every video I have watched simply says that Regen is behind the scenes when going downhill or when braking with no mention of additional adjustment of Regen by the driver.

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3 LR '21 - Macan 4 expected arrival 20/9/24
Country flag
In the pre production units I saw there wasn't any option to adjust the regenerative brake (but that system is not the one we got on the "production" cars). What the Porsche guys told me is that there is no "one pedal" option since Porsche wants that people use the great brake system and that when you brake you can't really feel if the car regen or braking (but somebody here who tried the car at PEC wrote that you can feel it...) 🤷‍♂️

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
In the pre production units I saw there wasn't any option to adjust the regenerative brake (but that system is not the one we got on the "production" cars). What the Porsche guys told me is that there is no "one pedal" option since Porsche wants that people use the great brake system and that when you brake you can't really feel if the car regen or braking (but somebody here who tried the car at PEC wrote that you can feel it...) 🤷‍♂️
This is helpful and you are absolutely correct that Porsche has no one pedal driving equivalent, which I prefer on the Taycan. I am looking for someone who has the production car now to check the screen to see if Regen setting is present in the PCM to configure. I was just at a car show and saw Euro version demo Macan EV and sat in it, but did not think to look at the PCM for this setting under Drive Modes.

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Sorry but there are no one in the world with the production car and it will be this way at least until September 19 (in Italy). If the dealer will call me to see my car (that they have now) I’ll check in the new system.

SergeyIndy

First Name
Sergey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@Diego, so nice of you to check this out.

I am disappointed that this option is most likely not there, assuming this is because Macan EV is on a different platform than Taycan. This option is useful in many ways, one example, that in the Taycan if Regen = Auto, the car will use Regen automatically without pressing the brake pedal or being in ACC mode to slow down if it detects a car in front, then if the car is out of the way, it will coast again.

Fleming23

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan4
Country flag
@Diego, so nice of you to check this out.

I am disappointed that this option is most likely not there, assuming this is because Macan EV is on a different platform than Taycan. This option is useful in many ways, one example, that in the Taycan if Regen = Auto, the car will use Regen automatically without pressing the brake pedal or being in ACC mode to slow down if it detects a car in front, then if the car is out of the way, it will coast again.
I will have to find the source, but I remember ACC/Regen specifically being mentioned in the Macan. I've watched so much press and reviews though, I'm not sure exactly where I remember seeing it. I was pretty disheartened about the lack of one-pedal (to the point I actually cancelled my early Macan 4 reservation), but realized it won't be the end of the world. I do believe your prior comment to be correct though, I haven't seen anything mentioning different settings for regen (on/off/more/less/auto/etc.)

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The “auto” option sounds like a “one pedal” (slow down without pressing the brake pedal) and this is what they told me that will not be in the Macan. The ACC should be/work better than the Taycan (this is what they told me since I had many doubt when I spec’d).