• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Regeneration / Regenerative Braking in Macan EV?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T (EV upgrade a tempter!)
Country flag
Fully agree with @daveo4EV

Concerlng the Taycan:

Braking is entirely electric (regeneration), proportional to the pressure on the brake pedal, as long as the deceleration is less than 0.4 g.
In the case of normal use of the car you do not touch the brake pads.

No electric braking to run in the pads when the car is delivered, for ? 100 miles; no Taycan driver agrees on this point; personally, I took possession of my Taycan three years ago, I didn't notice anything and don't remember it .... My dealer is 130 km away from home , a mountainous road.

No electric braking: below 12 km:h
To clean the pads : No electric braking , approximatively, on the first km or on the first 50 m of negative gradient, if the car has been stationary for more than 6 hours.

This is the reason why you must be be very careful at very low speed or during the first braking.
Some reviewers have specified that this inconvenience had been reduced with the Macan

If this is confirmed, it would be a shame if the button on the left of the steering wheel no longer exists with the Macan . It was originally designed to simulate the engine braking of an ice. This regeneration, even weak, was useful with the taycan, in urban driving for example , to anticipate a slowdown or to limit the speed during a long descent
MY25 Taycan has no button on the steering wheel. Now relocated to the PCM only. I've had 2 loaners now and thought I was going mad.

Suspect that the implementation is the same on both EVs.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T (EV upgrade a tempter!)
Country flag
You can program one of the Quick Access buttons (2) if you need a button to press. Excerpt from Macan EV Owner's manual

Macan EV Regeneration / Regenerative Braking in Macan EV? 1726481623839-sv

Daniel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4 CT ,Macan 4 ordered
Country flag
Manuel report : " If necessary, the quick access button can be used to display overrun recuperation "
IMHO, It is more than necessary !!!
On my previous Macan this button was set to manual 360° view control (automatic control is often erratic).
It would have been much smarter to keep the steering wheel controls like the before 2025 Taycan models , rather than dedicating a button to the "next song"