• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

shawn

First Name
shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Model Y, Model 3, XC 40
Country flag
Thanks for sharing. The back looks good, but I might look for options for the front plate holder, although it doesn’t cover up as much as I thought.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo,Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
Interesting to see for those in the USA. License plate holders / side markers.

model is 4 or other wise - it's missing the bcak "vents" of the Turbo.

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
Definitely will skip the front plate… not loving the look of the license plate holder.

Exciting to see what seems to be a production car!

SupremeHustle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X4M Comp, F-Type R
Country flag
I won't be putting on a front plate, and I'm hoping there's some way to get body-colored side markers on the aftermarket. Obviously not a dealbreaker, though. Just an aesthetic thing.

ericf

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
It looks like a 4S given the red calipers.

I’m hoping my dealer doesn’t pre-install the front plate mount. I am planning to not put on a front plate unless I get stopped more than once for not having it.

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
It looks like a 4S given the red calipers.

I’m hoping my dealer doesn’t pre-install the front plate mount. I am planning to not put on a front plate unless I get stopped more than once for not having it.
You can just ask them not to, they are usually very happy to skip that step. ;)

shawn

First Name
shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Model Y, Model 3, XC 40
Country flag
Thanks for sharing. The back looks good, but I might look for options for the front plate holder, although it doesn’t cover up as much as I thought.
Yeah, unfortunately, the law requires a front plate in BC because if it didn’t, I definitely would skip that. I’m hoping for some third-party no drill no stick solution. Maybe a tow bar interface but its kind of hard to see where the tow point is on the front

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo,Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
this works for me in California - have it on all my vehicle's - avoids fix it tickets - Macan looks to have a good front surface area for this - I'll be going that way once I have my Macan

https://licenseplatewrap.com/

DuckMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X5 40i, TRD Taco, K1200RS. past: M5, M3, 135i S2.
Country flag
this works for me in California - have it on all my vehicle's - avoids fix it tickets - Macan looks to have a good front surface area for this - I'll be going that way once I have my Macan

https://licenseplatewrap.com/
That's the way to do it. Rest of the country not as open to post early 20th century concepts.

Fun TC Driving

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
iX M60, C8 Z06
Country flag
I just talked to Sto-n-Sho. I have their front plate system on all my current vehIcle and did on several past ones. They said they are on the locate to see a Macan EV soonest so I suggested they contact their local Porsche dealer and perhaps visit their local dealership on September 20th introduction day (assuming that date holds true). They are thus planning to do so, e.g., are fully aware that they are going to have to consider sensor, camera, opening slots, and more…

https://stonsho.com/

On one of my earlier Corvettes:

Macan EV US Macan EV - US Model Details (License Plate Holder, Side Markers, Lights) -- Video IMG_2322