• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Video Porsche Aventurine Green + Chalk beige or gray?

NicoLib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
Good morning,

I am forwarding you a YouTube link on a presentation in Aventurine Green and black interior + beige chalk ..

It looks more like pencil gray .. but at the end of the video, we see the complete list of options and it is well noted black/chalk..

I find the color of the seats very light compared to other photos seen previously.

What do you think?

Nice day to everyone from Belgium ;-)
Nicolas

Great_Cookie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nil - Macan 4 EV (Sept '24 Production)
Country flag
Thanks for sharing - The following video also popped up on my YouTube search earlier and like most forumers, think we're just glad to get any extra snippets/morsels of info that we can at the moment whilst waiting for delivery of our own cars...

On the colour, i agree it does the 'chalk beige' does look at bit 'light' in the video - but i'm more inclined to put it down to the lighting (shot in the shade/backlot) and/or the colour-grading of video itself.

Best i find has always been to go down to dealer to look at the actual colour sample of the leather - whilst there are very slight variations between batches, the colour (given the same name) should remain the same.

OP
OP
NicoLib

NicoLib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
Thanks for sharing - The following video also popped up on my YouTube search earlier and like most forumers, think we're just glad to get any extra snippets/morsels of info that we can at the moment whilst waiting for delivery of our own cars...

On the colour, i agree it does the 'chalk beige' does look at bit 'light' in the video - but i'm more inclined to put it down to the lighting (shot in the shade/backlot) and/or the colour-grading of video itself.

Best i find has always been to go down to dealer to look at the actual colour sample of the leather - whilst there are very slight variations between batches, the colour (given the same name) should remain the same.
Thank you very much for your opinion.:)

I hope it's due to a white balance artifact on the video file. 😊😊😬

The problem with our dealers in Belgium is that they order the majority of cars with a black interior...
And again, very few cars received visible in the showrooms..
I have until the end of September, to change my configuration
😬😬😳
The positive point is that I have a light beige Labrador... the hair will be less seen than on black seats😂😂

Electric Macan EV Video Porsche Aventurine Green + Chalk beige or gray? IMG_3432

Great_Cookie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Hehe, hopefully time will prove us both correct in terms of the actual colour :)

I think dealers worldwide tend to order stock car interiors in black as it's the most 'unoffending' colour (or lack thereof) there is... Even when i was looking through the build list of cars my Dealer had ordered, for all the Aventurine Greens (i knew i wanted as an exterior colour) they all came with the black interior. When i ordered the truffle brown for mine, my SA was telling me that generally most would not choose (or like that option) - to each their own i guess - but that's what makes the Porsche configurator SOOO dangerous - it's easy to get carried away with the plethora of fun options (literally a license to print money for Porsche).

P.S. > Gorgeous Labrador you have... 🐶🥰

Thank you very much for your opinion.:)

I hope it's due to a white balance artifact on the video file. 😊😊😬

The problem with our dealers in Belgium is that they order the majority of cars with a black interior...
And again, very few cars received visible in the showrooms..
I have until the end of September, to change my configuration
😬😬😳
The positive point is that I have a light beige Labrador... the hair will be less seen than on black seats😂😂

Greenmachine

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 Range Rover, Tacoma
Country flag
I have chalk on my Taycan and it is very light. This is pretty realistic. To better match your lab you would need to pick limestone beige which has more yellow in it. At least that is how it works in the US!!

Last edited:

Great_Cookie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Unfortunately, i don't think that's a normal option (limestone beige) - on the standard configurator for the Macan... Perhaps as a Sonderwunsch (read: more $$$ IF you can get a slot)

Based on the Taycan and Panamera pics i'm seeing though, you're right in that the limestone would probably be a better 'match' to the labrador 🐶

Still say the easiest way for the time being (for @NicoLib) is to just get the dealer to pull out the physical sample of the chalk-beige and decide using that (and bring the dog along for the ride as well 🙃)

I have chalk on my Taycan and it is very light. This is pretty realistic. To better match your lab you would need to pick limestone beige which has more yellow in it. At least that is how it works in the US!!

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
*checked Belgium configurator* so the interior you see here is what you have listed as CRAYON, which is Chalk in the US. "Chalk Biege" for you is Limestone Biege in the US

Crayon/US Chalk is more of a light grey than biege. It is a very light color, more white than biege.

What you'd want is Chalk Biege/US Limestone Biege. It's available as a Standard or full/extended leather. It would match quite well with your pup!

Yes, Porsche named an interior Chalk in the US and a completely different interior as Chalk in other parts of the world. It has been causing confusion for years.

Last edited:

shawn

First Name
shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Model Y, Model 3, XC 40
Country flag
Good morning,

I am forwarding you a YouTube link on a presentation in Aventurine Green and black interior + beige chalk ..

It looks more like pencil gray .. but at the end of the video, we see the complete list of options and it is well noted black/chalk..

I find the color of the seats very light compared to other photos seen previously.

What do you think?

Nice day to everyone from Belgium ;-)
Nicolas

Where is the garage door opener controls?

OP
OP
NicoLib

NicoLib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
Unfortunately, i don't think that's a normal option (limestone beige) - on the standard configurator for the Macan... Perhaps as a Sonderwunsch (read: more $$$ IF you can get a slot)

Based on the Taycan and Panamera pics i'm seeing though, you're right in that the limestone would probably be a better 'match' to the labrador 🐶

Still say the easiest way for the time being (for @NicoLib) is to just get the dealer to pull out the physical sample of the chalk-beige and decide using that (and bring the dog along for the ride as well 🙃)
Ok Great idea: I'm going to take my dog to Porsche dealer:) They will enjoy seeing him ride in all the cars to test if it matches or not. :like::p

OP
OP
NicoLib

NicoLib

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S CT
Country flag
*checked Belgium configurator* so the interior you see here is what you have listed as CRAYON, which is Chalk in the US. "Chalk Biege" for you is Limestone Biege in the US

Crayon/US Chalk is more of a light grey than biege. It is a very light color, more white than biege.

What you'd want is Chalk Biege/US Limestone Biege. It's available as a Standard or full/extended leather. It would match quite well with your pup!

Yes, Porsche named an interior Chalk in the US and a completely different interior as Chalk in other parts of the world. It has been causing confusion for years.
Ok thank you very much for these clarifications ! :)

In Belgium, we often use the expression: "Why make it simple when you can make it complicated? ”:oops:

Another difference: the lower door panel is in chalk while my configuration, the panel is black. In addition, there is a decorative chalk seam on the upper part of the front and rear door panels.
Cf photos in attach files

In short, be careful with the configurations from one country to another...

Electric Macan EV Video Porsche Aventurine Green + Chalk beige or gray? IMG_0630

Electric Macan EV Video Porsche Aventurine Green + Chalk beige or gray? IMG_0631