• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Winter tires (and wheels)

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
Since I will get (maybe.... hopefully) my Macan 4 (with 21") on October and here in northern Italy (Alps) you have to get winter tires from mid November, does anyone knew where to get aftermarket 20" wheels?
Made (a little) search but no one got any product for Macan EV. Considered Porsche original 20" but at 6Kā‚¬ they are a little over budget.

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
Since I will get (maybe.... hopefully) my Macan 4 (with 21") on October and here in northern Italy (Alps) you have to get winter tires from mid November, does anyone knew where to get aftermarket 20" wheels?
Made (a little) search but no one got any product for Macan EV. Considered Porsche original 20" but at 6Kā‚¬ they are a little over budget.
Have you considered getting all season tires (default option) instead of Summer tires with your delivery?

OP
OP
Diego

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
Thanks for your reply @tmrqs . No way for two reasons:
  • first equipment (at least in Italy) are summer tires;
  • I live on the Alps (760 meters) and usually (not this year) we have a lot of snow. I think I had a second set of winter tires for all the cars I had in my life (and with this I'm at 37)

OP
OP
Diego

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
At the end ordered original Porsche Macan 20ā€ rims with winter tires. Got a good discount and so I should be fine: smaller tires for winter and bigger ones for summer šŸ˜‰. Now I only need the car šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

colorpaulporsche

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Macan S 2019
Country flag
which winter tires did you select - and what size width? I live in Colorado and will need a second set of wheels/tires - my build has 21"s but I will likely go with 20"s for winter.

OP
OP
Diego

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
@colorpaulporsche 21" Macan Design with Michelin for summer and 20" Macan (235/55 R20 and 285/45 R20) for winter
I'll find out the tires brand on Friday brand even if they are already at my dealer since july.... ;)
It's not as cold and snowy as Colorado (and I'll love to visit Colorado) but when it snow I prefer to have a good grid

Salmonfisher

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2 plus/pilot
Country flag
Have you considered getting all season tires (default option) instead of Summer tires with your delivery?
If all season are default option where you are I am seriously jealous. I would love them on mine in UK but have been told I canā€™t even have them as a cost option. Have to either slide on summer tyres or ditch them and get all seasons. Winter tyres not a practical
Option where I am as far too warm. Itā€™s the wet and made I want all seasons for

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
If all season are default option where you are I am seriously jealous. I would love them on mine in UK but have been told I canā€™t even have them as a cost option. Have to either slide on summer tyres or ditch them and get all seasons. Winter tyres not a practical
Option where I am as far too warm. Itā€™s the wet and made I want all seasons for
Interesting - every car I ever bought, both in Europe and North America, always came with All Season.

So is Summer the default/included as base in the UK? Even if you get the car in the middle of December/January?

Edit: after checking the FR and UK configurators, Summer is indeed default and no option to get A/S - only buy an extra set of Winter. Wild!

Salmonfisher

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2 plus/pilot
Country flag
Interesting - every car I ever bought, both in Europe and North America, always came with All Season.

So is Summer the default/included as base in the UK? Even if you get the car in the middle of December/January?

Edit: after checking the FR and UK configurators, Summer is indeed default and no option to get A/S - only buy an extra set of Winter. Wild!
Crazy isnā€™t it

OP
OP
Diego

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
Yes unfortunately summer is the default. the only exception is if you rent the car (long term rental, so don't own the car) so they have to give you a car you can ride in conformity to the laws: in this case they have to provide the correct tires for the season (at least this is how things works in Italy).