• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Will MACAN EV look like this?

Ledakar

First Name
Marcin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S - production 01/22
Country flag
Hi,

do you think the new MACAN EV will be looking like this on the photo?

M.

Macan EV Will MACAN EV look like this? motorinews_b76fd3af234c298d38aebb9ba432f6aa

285kph

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2012 BMW X5 - 2021 Taycan - 2022 BMW X5 45e
Country flag
No. Lazy render, pasting a generic EV front on a Macan.

mutanthands

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS, Suzuki Cara
Country flag
It's pretty much in-line with how I expect it to look. The designers at Porsche aren't going to completely re-invent the wheel, just update and tweak the design accordingly.
With a few nips and tucks, it'll be a decent looking SUV. I'd expect it'll have flush door handles, and the charge port in the render looks awkward (should continue the line from the door handles, like on the current Taycan). I doubt it'll have Mission-E wheels, too.

Macan EV Will MACAN EV look like this? Screenshot 2024-04-23 at 6.41.34 AM

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
for those of you waiting for porsche to bring an EV macan to market I have just picked up an awesome EV SUV from Jagaur.
this is the I-pace and if you want a top notch EV SUV seek this rare bird out.
Macan EV Will MACAN EV look like this? Jag1
Macan EV Will MACAN EV look like this? jag2
Macan EV Will MACAN EV look like this? jag3

Reactions: B61

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
No thanks ? and not rare in UK
In my opinion it is a fantastic car, it's tech is far superior to the Taycan's, it's ride is great as is the fit and finish.
regardless of it's availability in the UK in the US it is a rare bird.
in my opinion it is a very viable option for those who are awaiting the Macan EV.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T (EV upgrade a tempter!)
Country flag
In my opinion it is a fantastic car, it's tech is far superior to the Taycan's, it's ride is great as is the fit and finish.
regardless of it's availability in the UK in the US it is a rare bird.
in my opinion it is a very viable option for those who are awaiting the Macan EV.
I just can’t get past the naming. There is both an I-Pace and an E-Pace (similar in appearance) but some idiot at JLR thought electric was spelt with an "I” and the E is an ICE vehicle.

Doesn’t say Porsche either so that will hold many folk back.

it has the benefit of a refresh and a much enhanced entertainment system - was criticised originally (sound familiar?).

Enjoy!

kort

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
'21 taycan 4s
Country flag
I just can’t get past the naming. There is both an I-Pace and an E-Pace (similar in appearance) but some idiot at JLR thought electric was spelt with an "I” and the E is an ICE vehicle.

Doesn’t say Porsche either so that will hold many folk back.

it has the benefit of a refresh and a much enhanced entertainment system - was criticised originally (sound familiar?).

Enjoy!
so you're po-pooing a car based on it's naming?

it may not say porsche but it is available NOW.

I have only driven a base macan loaner, the IPace blows that macan away in every aspect.

yes, the tech has been upgraded to what is a very good system replacing what was a very poor system, this is something porsche needs to get going on in their taycan and future EV offerings.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T (EV upgrade a tempter!)
Country flag
so you're po-pooing a car based on it's naming?

yes indeed the tech has been upgraded to what is a very good system replacing what was a very poor system, something porsche needs to get going on in their taycan and future EV offerings.
In this case yes and also the Landrover Discovery because of its off centre rear number plate placement. JLR are in denial on both of these faux pas.

Actually I’m not a Jag fan is the truth of it and worry about the long term stability of JLR. Perhaps the gorgeous new Range Rover will save the day.

TaycanHero

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche Taycan GTS Sport Turismo (2023)
Country flag
for those of you waiting for porsche to bring an EV macan to market I have just picked up an awesome EV SUV from Jagaur.
this is the I-pace and if you want a top notch EV SUV seek this rare bird out.
Jag1.jpg
jag2.jpg
jag3.jpg
In the UK, that "bird" is about as rare as a Taco Bell drivethrough. You can even subscribe to JLR and for £1000 a month, get the latest IPACE HSE that is replaced every six months with a brand new vehicle.

Audi e-Tron SUV is more interesting.