• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Fun TC Driving

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
iX M60, C8 Z06
Country flag
My artist wife taught me something many decades ago, that two colors that are a little bit off clash. β€œThey often create discomfort.” Ever hang a painting that ended up just a little lower or higher than the another one? Did you not move one to make them equal? Sure if you have them offset a deliberate and non-minimal amount they work well at different heights, but not if they are too close β€” for that will look like you made a mistake.

Ever seen a car with two not-to-different reds?

My opinion is that unless you have put side by side the two different grays, I would encourage you to do so first or choose another body or wheel color so that what you end up with is not uncomfortably too close to each other but looking like a mistake. Again, JMO.

mako

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60 T8
Country flag
My artist wife taught me something many decades ago, that two colors that are a little bit off clash. β€œThey often create discomfort.” Ever hang a painting that ended up just a little lower or higher than the another one? Did you not move one to make them equal? Sure if you have them offset a deliberate and non-minimal amount they work well at different heights, but not if they are too close β€” for that will look like you made a mistake.

Ever seen a car with two not-to-different reds?

My opinion is that unless you have put side by side the two different grays, I would encourage you to do so first or choose another body or wheel color so that what you end up with is not uncomfortably too close to each other but looking like a mistake. Again, JMO.
I agree with you and maddoc, this config with two different grays is a risk. I'll visit local stealership tomorrow, they have samples of all colors and materials in the store so I can see how they work together. I made a 'safe' alternative setup with Macan S rims and offroad design painted as body color: http://www.porsche-code.com/PSVE9QZ0

Some other brands limits your choices to make untasty mixed colors, but with Porsche configurator you are on your own :)

Last edited:

nalves

First Name
Nuno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 530e
Country flag
I confugured my 4S with Volcano Grey Metallic in exterior color and:
Exterior Mirrors Painted in High Gloss Black
Window Trim in High Gloss Black
Door Handles in High Gloss Black
Side Blades in High Gloss Black

I think the contrast will be good, but now I'm thinking maybe not ....

Macan EV Placed your Macan EV order? Post your configuration! πŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ 4s

OP
OP
tmrqs

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
I confugured my 4S with Volcano Grey Metallic in exterior color and:
Exterior Mirrors Painted in High Gloss Black
Window Trim in High Gloss Black
Door Handles in High Gloss Black
Side Blades in High Gloss Black

I think the contrast will be good, but now I'm thinking maybe not ....

4s.png
High gloss black will work well with this grey.

nalves

First Name
Nuno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 530e
Country flag
To see the autonomy you can click on technical data.
In the Portuguese simulator it shows the autonomy and adjusts to your configuration.
I already looked in the US configurator and that info is missing

Macan EV Placed your Macan EV order? Post your configuration! πŸ™‹πŸ»β€β™‚οΈ tech data

mako

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60 T8
Country flag
To see the autonomy you can click on technical data.
In the Portuguese simulator it shows the autonomy and adjusts to your configuration.
I already looked in the US configurator and that info is missing

tech data.png
Thanks nalves, this is very useful!

Tanckx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q4
Country flag
Would slate grey neo exterior work well with night green interior? I'm looking to add some color inside to avoid the overly dark full black, but all other options are so bright (chalk, red, etc.). Night green seems to add some color yet remains discreet.

mako

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60 T8
Country flag

Tanckx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi Q4
Country flag
I've decided to go with slate grey neo exterior and bramble interior!

I saw bramble interior in a black Cayenne today and it's much darker color than in the configurator and it really makes the interior more luxurious than full black.

mako

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volvo XC60 T8
Country flag
I've decided to go with slate grey neo exterior and bramble interior!

I saw bramble interior in a black Cayenne today and it's much darker color than in the configurator and it really makes the interior more luxurious than full black.
Seems really nice combination!

nerv

First Name
Huy
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW X5
Country flag
Looks great! I particularly like the blacked-out look and the red seat belts!

I'm considering adding the ridiculously overpriced option to color the Sports Chrono/Compass red to match the seat belts.
IMG_2943.jpeg
I really like the colored chrono but I went with the even more wildly priced PD clock that has no color options. But red is very cool