• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Macan 4 Lease

Jurgen54

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4 EV
Country flag
The sales person I ordered my Macan 4 EV (est delivery Oct 6) from just quoted me a lease rate of $1932 for 36 mo 12K miles/yr, which includes taxes/plates/fees and the $7500 Fed EV tax rebate. Does Porsche just have bad lease rates, or is this an indicator that the residual value of the Macan EVs is expected to be low?

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Porsche is known for some of the worst lease rates in the business. They're dreadful.

With that said, I also do expect the Macan EV residual to be poor. EV residual values have been getting demolished recently, more EVs available than people want to buy.

nischalr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan GTS ST, Audi Q4 E-tron
Country flag
Porsche historically have always had terrible lease rates, and they are likely factoring in typical and severe EV depreciation which has been across the board among most EV's. Porsche have decided not to add a factory incentive/inflated residual on their leases to mitigate this depreciation like other companies sometimes do, hence the terrible monthly payment. Porsche offer a 39 month lease that is usually a better deal, as they don't change the residual but amortize the payment over 39 months instead of 36.

My Taycan lease is horrible, but it's a business right off for me, so easier to swallow.

Last edited:

bbmertz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Tesla Y, Ford F-150
Country flag
I also do expect the Macan EV residual to be poor. EV residual values have been getting demolished recently, more EVs available than people want to buy.
That does concern me a bit about being an early adopter of the Macan EV. The Taycan experienced severe depreciation during the past year and I’m afraid the Macan will suffer the same fate, particularly once redesigned versions are released with the onboard charger adopting the NACS standard.

andics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Sport Turismo MY24, GLE
Country flag
The sales person I ordered my Macan 4 EV (est delivery Oct 6) from just quoted me a lease rate of $1932 for 36 mo 12K miles/yr, which includes taxes/plates/fees and the $7500 Fed EV tax rebate. Does Porsche just have bad lease rates, or is this an indicator that the residual value of the Macan EVs is expected to be low?
so that makes 3 years at roughly $77k (including tax rebate) - what is the sticker price of the car?

tonyadduci

First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
porsche macan gts
Country flag
I didn't think any of the new Macan EVs would qualify for the tax break. All of them exceed the threshold sale price to qualify and they are mfg out of the country.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
That does concern me a bit about being an early adopter of the Macan EV. The Taycan experienced severe depreciation during the past year and I’m afraid the Macan will suffer the same fate, particularly once redesigned versions are released with the onboard charger adopting the NACS standard.
The NACS is irrelevant for residual. You'll either have to carry an NACS or a CCS adapter for years, so either way you're carrying an adapter.

I do think the Macan will hold a bit better than the Taycan, it has a much wider audience, but it is scary. My 21 Taycan Turbo S has 19k miles, beautiful condition, and just sold for 97k. 212 MSRP, clean title & carfax.

bbmertz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Tesla Y, Ford F-150
Country flag
Yikes! Hope you’re right about the Macan EV.

ExVolt

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
Country flag
I use the Porsche Finder to display Macan 4's that are available to purchase. The Porsche Finder shows the lease price on the search results ( exclusive of taxes).

This is what it shows for a Macan 4 with a list price of $105,110:
- the lease rate is $1,344 for 39 months with $10,500 down. 10,000 miles per year

This seems pretty different from the lease rate quoted at the start of this thread. It'd be helpful to see the details of what the SA quoted.
Macan EV Macan 4 Lease Porsche Lease

n4v4nod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Macan 4, 2024 Spyder RS
Country flag
I use the Porsche Finder to display Macan 4's that are available to purchase. The Porsche Finder shows the lease price on the search results ( exclusive of taxes).

This is what it shows for a Macan 4 with a list price of $105,110:
- the lease rate is $1,344 for 39 months with $10,500 down. 10,000 miles per year

This seems pretty different from the lease rate quoted at the start of this thread. It'd be helpful to see the details of what the SA quoted.
Porsche Lease.png
Knowing how the values of Taycan and other EV's have been, this will be the path I take. My MSRP mirror the 105k for my Macan 4, so pretty good representation of what to expect.

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
What’s the balance to pay if you were to buy the car at the end of the 36 months?