• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Expecting delivery in few days in Chicago suburbs

fsabek

First Name
Fuwad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla model s, 2022 Range Rover sport, macan ev turbo eta at dealer 9/18
Country flag
Hello everyone. I am new in the group. Expecting to take delivery of a macan ev turbo within a week. Currently driving a model s Tesla and I am so used to the Tesla fsd that sometime I inadvertently snooze while driving that I am concerned about switching to the macan ev. Hoping that the porche inno drive has gotten better and can keep the car in a lane on its own.
I am still hopefull the difference in quality and handling is worth downgrading the fsd advantage the Tesla has over any other ev
I appreciate your comments and thiufhts

OP
OP

fsabek

First Name
Fuwad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My only comment is, please do not snooze and drive.

My thought is, why get a Turbo to have it drive itself?

One more thing: Congrats and enjoy your new Porsche!
Thank you for your reply!
i drive a lot 18-20k a year to work. Fsd was a life changer however I hate how junky the Tesla is and the horrible build and lack of luxury. Never had a Porsche before. Drove Beamers for 12 y before the Tesla. The Tesla model s is definitely the most technological advanced and the fastest car and most fun to drive I ever had. However I am done with the Tesla experience and looking forward to the Porsche experience!!

Awaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40, next Porsche Macan EV
Country flag
However I am done with the Tesla experience and looking forward to the Porsche experience!!
Same here, it would be a first time Porsche experience. Had BMWs before, currently i4 eDrive 40.
Never have been a fan of bare minimum Teslas. Apart from dozing, the other dangerous thing is playing with an iPad while driving, and cannot stand a stalkless steering, imagine fumbling for an indicator button when you are in the middle of a roundabout. Dangerous. There are far too many roundabout in the UK.
Besides, compared to a Porsche, Tesla is like something made by Fisher-Price šŸ˜

Minternico

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan EV 4
Country flag
Thank you for your reply!
i drive a lot 18-20k a year to work. Fsd was a life changer however I hate how junky the Tesla is and the horrible build and lack of luxury. Never had a Porsche before. Drove Beamers for 12 y before the Tesla. The Tesla model s is definitely the most technological advanced and the fastest car and most fun to drive I ever had. However I am done with the Tesla experience and looking forward to the Porsche experience!!
You arenā€™t aloneā€¦ when Teslaā€™s staring showing up as cabs.. it lost its premium positionā€¦. I believe Tesla is trying to be the VW Bug, ā€œ the peopleā€™s carā€.. which is great in converting drivers to EVā€™sā€¦ but why do people buy a Rolex watch when a timex keeps the same time?

OP
OP

fsabek

First Name
Fuwad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I was a hard core Tesla fan back when I ordered and took delivery of my first Tesla model s back in 2021. However I think Tesla will be loosing many fans like myself because of musk insisting on not paying attention to the car itself. All what he cares about is software and fsd. It drives and looks nice but it feels like a Chevy everything hardware wise is horrible from blue tooth to wipers even hvac !!! My feet never got warm in the winter!! The steering felt numb which unfortunately most of the beamers I drove also felt numb because of the electric steering thing. Someone once told me Porsche is a completely different experience and once you own one you will be stuck with Porsche for ever. So let the Porsche experience begin !!!!!

shawn

First Name
shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Model Y, Model 3, XC 40
Country flag
Same here, it would be a first time Porsche experience. Had BMWs before, currently i4 eDrive 40.
Never have been a fan of bare minimum Teslas. Apart from dozing, the other dangerous thing is playing with an iPad while driving, and cannot stand a stalkless steering, imagine fumbling for an indicator button when you are in the middle of a roundabout. Dangerous. There are far too many roundabout in the UK.
Besides, compared to a Porsche, Tesla is like something made by Fisher-Price šŸ˜
Funny how many of us had BMW before Tesla or Taycan. I had 2021 325ix for 20 years before using the scrap-it program in Canada to get 6K towards a Tesla. I feel the same way about the Tesla quality and sold it but have to say, putting some of the nav tech aside, I still liked the quality of that old BMW over the Tesla...just something about how it felt to drive. I did like the Tesla (that had stalks) don't get me wrong but after I test drove a Taycan (no Macans to test) the difference between the Tesla and the Porsche brought back the same "driving feeling" but even more so...in fact it was remarkable. I realized that electric cars do not have to drive like bouncy skateboards and you can have a great driving experience and the high tech. I thought that maybe the improved Teslas are better with improved suspension, etc so i tried the new Highlander refreshed model 3 and was not convinced. I even tried the model X...man that thing is like a boat (ugh). Anyway, that is what sold me.

Awaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Good posts by fsabek and shawn
Another thing is I really don't understand why people go on and so much about FSD. I can understand a decent software but to have self-driving capabilities, then why even bother driving? May as well get a taxi :)
Imagine having a Ferrari or a Porsche if It's going to drive itself, then what's the point of owning it if you are not even getting a pleasure driving it yourself. That is why I'm not even bothered if Macan doesn't have one pedal driving, although my BMW i4 has it.
As someone mentioned, you see a lot of Teslas now as Taxis and Uber, becoming too ubiquitous. No individuality or premium feeing, and TBH Teslas are now looking stale, dated and boring.

Duke95

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pathfinder, Macan 4 on order
Country flag
Getting it's at Lincolnwood or downtown? My macan 4 is getting loaded on a boat this week enroute to Lincolnwood! Recent reports are innovative has gotten to be quite good we will see. I still have 4 weeks to go the wait is killing me. Really want to see one for myself but didn't think Lincolnwood got a demo yet.

OP
OP

fsabek

First Name
Fuwad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Good posts by fsabek and shawn
Another thing is I really don't understand why people go on and so much about FSD. I can understand a decent software but to have self-driving capabilities, then why even bother driving? May as well get a taxi :)
Imagine having a Ferrari or a Porsche if It's going to drive itself, then what's the point of owning it if you are not even getting a pleasure driving it yourself. That is why I'm not even bothered if Macan doesn't have one pedal driving, although my BMW i4 has it.
As someone mentioned, you see a lot of Teslas now as Taxis and Uber, becoming too ubiquitous. No individuality or premium feeing, and TBH Teslas are now looking stale, dated and boring.
I agree with you 100% with one exception the FSD. for someone who commutes average 40-45 min one way it does help a lot when you are stuck in traffic or just cruising on a high way where what makes the Porsche different is irrelevant. I always thought about keeping the Tesla for the commute and maybe get a more fun Porsche such a 911 however I felt that I deserve to have the better more fun car to drive everyday for that long commute.

OP
OP

fsabek

First Name
Fuwad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Getting it's at Lincolnwood or downtown? My macan 4 is getting loaded on a boat this week enroute to Lincolnwood! Recent reports are innovative has gotten to be quite good we will see. I still have 4 weeks to go the wait is killing me. Really want to see one for myself but didn't think Lincolnwood got a demo yet.
Actually in Orland park. Initially at Westmont but Orland had an immediate allocation that I jumped on!!!

Awaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
fsabek
Yes, but Active Cruise Control does that very well too, on long drives. Most modern cars have it. I presume that is what you mean.
What I meant by FSD (Full self-drive) was that when the car drives all by itself, and you just sit there, do nothing. šŸ¤”

shawn

First Name
shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Model Y, Model 3, XC 40
Country flag
I agree with you 100% with one exception the FSD. for someone who commutes average 40-45 min one way it does help a lot when you are stuck in traffic or just cruising on a high way where what makes the Porsche different is irrelevant. I always thought about keeping the Tesla for the commute and maybe get a more fun Porsche such a 911 however I felt that I deserve to have the better more fun car to drive everyday for that long commute.
I think that Adaptive Cruise Control is all that you need for long commutes. It has the stop and go distancing functionality that is handy in bumper to bumper driving taking care of the traffic jams and long distance driving. FSD is another level of automomy that I dislike more over time. The reason is that while it is novel in the beginning to have the car drive itself I have had a few near misses that are quite honestly very concerning but moreover, I noticed it changes your driving habits and you become less engaged and aware that your driving. So I do not use FSD but do use ACC when I need to. Innodrive is a halfway point between ACC and FSD. It does a little of the steering for you on the highway which may be useful for highway drives. I may try that subscription to see if I like it but I did not get it out right before I try it.

OP
OP

fsabek

First Name
Fuwad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
fsabek
Yes, but Active Cruise Control does that very well too, on long drives. Most modern cars have it. I presume that is what you mean.
What I meant by FSD (Full self-drive) was that when the car drives all by itself, and you just sit there, do nothing. šŸ¤”
I had the active cruise control in my last Beamer but what the fsd does amazingly is also active steering. Other cars have some form of lane keep assist feature however it is not trustable while in the Tesla you can trust it with your life. My Tesla has an interior cabin camera that wonā€™t let me completely take my eyes if the road however with my sun glasses on and being relaxed while stuck in traffic and trusting the car with the active cruise and steering thatā€™s when I doze of and I hate it when I do that however when you are so relaxed doing nothing while car is driving on its own in heavy traffic you canā€™t help it. Thatā€™s what I am so afraid I will be missing with the Macan while in heavy traffic

OP
OP

fsabek

First Name
Fuwad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I think that Adaptive Cruise Control is all that you need for long commutes. It has the stop and go distancing functionality that is handy in bumper to bumper driving taking care of the traffic jams and long distance driving. FSD is another level of automomy that I dislike more over time. The reason is that while it is novel in the beginning to have the car drive itself I have had a few near misses that are quite honestly very concerning but moreover, I noticed it changes your driving habits and you become less engaged and aware that your driving. So I do not use FSD but do use ACC when I need to. Innodrive is a halfway point between ACC and FSD. It does a little of the steering for you on the highway which may be useful for highway drives. I may try that subscription to see if I like it but I did not get it out right before I try it.
Again I agree 100% and I wish the Tesla had the option of engaging acc and not the while deal fsd. Initially when I got the car I could do that however with their new software updates it is all or none. I think the fsd got me used to being less engaged and hence the dozing of. When I drive my wifeā€™s car that does not have fsd only acc I ended up hitting the curb multiple times.
the fsd changes our driving habbits to the worst I am afraid.