• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Expecting delivery in few days in Chicago suburbs

OP
OP

fsabek

First Name
Fuwad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla model s, 2022 Range Rover sport, macan ev turbo eta at dealer 9/18
Country flag
The Tesla is like the iPhone of cars when it comes to how advanced the car is and also the Tesla experience from ordering and taking delivery and also how they come to fix it while it is in the parking lot is amazing. The speed is also amazing however a friend of mine who is a Porsche fan told me there is more in cars enjoyment than straight line speed and thatā€™s what I am seeking with the Macan.
I had bmw m550 2018 before the model s Tesla 2021 and I think it was the best ICE car I ever had however the steering was numb no feed back from the road and thatā€™s what I am seeking from switching to Porsche!

Jetced

First Name
Cedric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance, Macan EV turbo (ordered
Country flag
The Tesla is like the iPhone of cars when it comes to how advanced the car is and also the Tesla experience from ordering and taking delivery and also how they come to fix it while it is in the parking lot is amazing. The speed is also amazing however a friend of mine who is a Porsche fan told me there is more in cars enjoyment than straight line speed and thatā€™s what I am seeking with the Macan.
I had bmw m550 2018 before the model s Tesla 2021 and I think it was the best ICE car I ever had however the steering was numb no feed back from the road and thatā€™s what I am seeking from switching to Porsche!
Same here, switching from Tesla. Was a great ride the last 4 years as there was not much alternative. Still today one of the most efficient vehicles out there. 3 things annoyed me: the suspension - terrible, and the wind noise at higher speeds. Paid for FSD (in Europe) and it just got worse over the years, nothing that was promised got delivered.

was seeking for a small SUV with amazing driving comfort and power, hence the Macan.

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3 LR '21 - Macan 4 expected arrival 20/9/24
Country flag
Another Tesla driver here switching to his first Porsche. Loved and still love my M3 but after 31 cars (Audi, BMW, Range Rover, Alfa Romeo,ā€¦) itā€™s time to get some candy and attention. One thing for sure is that I will never get back to ICE cars (and I do 35-40000 kms every year). I think that Teslaā€™ software is, at the moment, the best BUT there is more in car pleasure than doing 0 to 100 kms/hours (and living on the Alps you can easily understand what I mean šŸ˜‰)

OP
OP

fsabek

First Name
Fuwad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The main problem with the Tesla is what I like to call its junkyness (I have no idea what that meansšŸ˜œ) but thatā€™s how i feel. The rattles squeaks horrible build cheap material I am like canā€™t you tighten the bolts more!!! I also feel neglected and ignored by Elon musk. All what he cares about was his sales. The delays in when I took delivery if the Tesla and how he didnā€™t honor the earlier orders and kept favoring the closer orders then how my car broke the next day I took delivery and needed to have its rear entire motor replaced with only ten miles on it. With that all said I loved the car the car the efficiency and practicality the speed the technology were amazing but again a $100k fast Chevy with horrible build quality and no reliability. Again also how Elon ignored his luxury segment clients his model s and x favoring the main stream market share for the sake of numbers and profit. I felt I deserve better for what I paid. Hence the upgrade !!!

SupremeHustle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X4M Comp, F-Type R
Country flag
Thank you for your reply!
i drive a lot 18-20k a year to work. Fsd was a life changer however I hate how junky the Tesla is and the horrible build and lack of luxury. Never had a Porsche before. Drove Beamers for 12 y before the Tesla. The Tesla model s is definitely the most technological advanced and the fastest car and most fun to drive I ever had. However I am done with the Tesla experience and looking forward to the Porsche experience!!
Likewise. This will be the first Porsche I've owned (rented one for a month a couple of years ago). Also coming from a BMW which I absolutely loved. Great car. The 4S I ordered has a high bar to clear.

Hopefully InnoDrive keeps you safe on the road. I'm ordering it as well.

OP
OP

fsabek

First Name
Fuwad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Likewise. This will be the first Porsche I've owned (rented one for a month a couple of years ago). Also coming from a BMW which I absolutely loved. Great car. The 4S I ordered has a high bar to clear.

Hopefully InnoDrive keeps you safe on the road. I'm ordering it as well.
When I ordered my turbo the 4 s was not available. After it came out I felt that it is the model I would have ordered. I am hoping the turbo would be worth its very high ticket price!!

OP
OP

fsabek

First Name
Fuwad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Another Tesla driver here switching to his first Porsche. Loved and still love my M3 but after 31 cars (Audi, BMW, Range Rover, Alfa Romeo,ā€¦) itā€™s time to get some candy and attention. One thing for sure is that I will never get back to ICE cars (and I do 35-40000 kms every year). I think that Teslaā€™ software is, at the moment, the best BUT there is more in car pleasure than doing 0 to 100 kms/hours (and living on the Alps you can easily understand what I mean šŸ˜‰)
I love the alps!!! I love driving its winding twisty narrow roads. Last year I took my family on a road trip from Geneva to chamonix to Lucerne to alp de suisse all the way to Vienna!!!

OP
OP

fsabek

First Name
Fuwad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Same here, switching from Tesla. Was a great ride the last 4 years as there was not much alternative. Still today one of the most efficient vehicles out there. 3 things annoyed me: the suspension - terrible, and the wind noise at higher speeds. Paid for FSD (in Europe) and it just got worse over the years, nothing that was promised got delivered.

was seeking for a small SUV with amazing driving comfort and power, hence the Macan.
The fsd in the us is amazing and ridiculously accurate and trustworthy to the point it gets addictive and honestly thatā€™s the one only concern I have with the switch to the Macan innodrive

OP
OP

fsabek

First Name
Fuwad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
My porche rep told me to order this adapter
Macan EV Expecting delivery in few days in Chicago suburbs IMG_1667

To use with the Tesla home wall charger I have

Greenmachine

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 Range Rover, Tacoma
Country flag
Great to see so many Tesla owners trying the Porsche. The steering feel, the quiet and the quality of the interior will be a shockingly good surprise for you. Self driving is not. The ACC works great but there is no real equivalent to FSD. Enjoy driving it with one finger if you must but donā€™t expect it to drive you anywhere.

OP
OP

fsabek

First Name
Fuwad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Great to see so many Tesla owners trying the Porsche. The steering feel, the quiet and the quality of the interior will be a shockingly good surprise for you. Self driving is not. The ACC works great but there is no real equivalent to FSD. Enjoy driving it with one finger if you must but donā€™t expect it to drive you anywhere.
Does it hold the lane. I donā€™t care much about turning or intersections or anything else. I would like it to see the lane and curb and turn with the lane