• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

fsabek

First Name
Fuwad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla model s, macan ev turbo waiting for software update at dealership
Country flag
In my case, they discovered a defective part that prevented the software upgrade from being completed. The part is expected to arrive in about 1.5 to 2 weeks. I hope this isn't the situation for you.
I wouldn’t be surprised if it ends up being the same situation

byebye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan EV to be delivered… or not
Country flag
In the Macan EV world, if you need a part:1-2 weeks delay, if you need support 4 days delay ?

Future maintenance will take a long, long time, so let's hope the Porsche cars don't have any problems.

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
@byebye unfortunately this is dealer based and how much they want to push the Macan sell. At the moment it's not a good start and mainly it's very random (EU, US, UK) so it leads me to think that it's specific car related and not to spec, region or whatever...

Last edited:

fsabek

First Name
Fuwad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I heard similar stuff happened with tycan launch

First Name
Ina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan EV ordered
Country flag
We are in Germany. Finally, our car has been delivered, but it was not such a great experience. Because it was only the second car (Macan) they had delivered, the Porsche center didn’t know all the details yet, so they forgot to set the time, and therefore my account could not be set up. On top of that the lid for the charging didn’t open. They repaired the lid immediately, but didn’t find out the thing about the time setting until the next day. Now everything seems to be fine and we finally have our baby. Our interior is black leather and we tried to keep it really simple with frozen blue and black only. I love the inner Dr., yet the assistance for keeping the lane (sorry, don’t know the right English word) is really kind of special. It’s surprises you and I think I need to get used to that or shut it off.

Electric Macan EV Macan EV Software Update delaying delivery! IMG_4265

Electric Macan EV Macan EV Software Update delaying delivery! IMG_4264

TomO

First Name
Tom
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Macan 4
New user here, wanted to relay my experience for those that are still waiting. I got my Macan 4 yesterday. It took about a week for it to clear the port (Benicia, CA), 4 days to get it to the dealer, and then 6 days for the car to clear PDI and be delivered.

As previously stated, it's a brand new car for Porsche and they honestly don't know how long the PDI process is going to take. It seems to be random which cars are easy and which throw up problems. Makes no difference Turbo or not, power charge door or not. Mine is a Macan 4, manual charge doors. Didn't need any parts, but had issues clearing error codes that would allow the final update to happen.

So yes, the process will drive you out of your mind because of the unknowns. The car arriving at the dealer but I couldn't have it almost put me over the edge! But it will get finished. I'm super happy with mine so far. The car is fantastic!

fubar.droid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
New user here, wanted to relay my experience for those that are still waiting. I got my Macan 4 yesterday. It took about a week for it to clear the port (Benicia, CA), 4 days to get it to the dealer, and then 6 days for the car to clear PDI and be delivered.

As previously stated, it's a brand new car for Porsche and they honestly don't know how long the PDI process is going to take. It seems to be random which cars are easy and which throw up problems. Makes no difference Turbo or not, power charge door or not. Mine is a Macan 4, manual charge doors. Didn't need any parts, but had issues clearing error codes that would allow the final update to happen.

So yes, the process will drive you out of your mind because of the unknowns. The car arriving at the dealer but I couldn't have it almost put me over the edge! But it will get finished. I'm super happy with mine so far. The car is fantastic!
Congrats on your car. I think having it stuck at the dealer is best case - there are many of us who's is stuck at port, which is the worst place it could be sitting for months.

fsabek

First Name
Fuwad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag

Congrats on your new car! And Thank you for a very nice and assuring input. I guess we can only wait and hope we don’t have issues when we take delivery

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
Congrats @TomO on your new Macan 4. Yes what you described is exactly what I though: random cars have problems to update the software (no correlation at the moment). I'm sure it will end soon and everyone who are waiting for their car will finally get it.