• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

fsabek

First Name
Fuwad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla model s, macan ev turbo waiting for software update at dealership
Country flag
My order got delayed actually a second time. This time with no pickup date... I am kind of disappointed by Porsche tbh... When I ordered my first car (Tesla), everything was smooth and was delivered on time. Is anyone familiar with the order cancellation processes?
Be patient my friend when I ordered the refreshed Tesla model s it was delayed 7 months and it broke the second day I took delivery and had to be towed. My turbo has been at the dealership for more than two weeks now waiting for software update!!!

byebye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan EV to be deliveredā€¦ or not
Country flag
It's the same for me.
I'm starting to reconsider buying the Macan EV.
I can cope with the ever-delayed delivery, I can't cope with the uncertainty.
This creates a total loss of confidence in Porsche: they don't master their cars at all... at least not the Macan EV.

Itā€™s maybe a better move to cancel, and to wait months for a 2025 model AND mastered onesā€¦

Problem is when Iā€™m starting to change my mind on a future new thing, I donā€™t want it anymore..
Maybe, Iā€™ve already made my decision, but I am not able to accept itā€¦ yet

Last edited:

nulled

First Name
Dimo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
This whole thing reminds of the fail launches of Polestar. I had a Polestar 3 on order for 1 year and they kept delaying it, eventually I cancelled and they didn't manage to launch for another 1.5 years... They launched it this year and it's full of bugs... Polestar are excused for being a startup/scaleup but Porsche has no excuses...

fsabek

First Name
Fuwad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla model s, macan ev turbo waiting for software update at dealership
Country flag
Guys many people got their cars and they are happy with them. Donā€™t ditch the opportunity to be part of history by owning a car right at its launch!!! I would understand your argument in case you took delivery of your vehicle and they kept breaking and having problems. Part of the delay is to make sure cars are delivered when they are ready. So please donā€™t be like I was when I waited for my Tesla three years ago and they kept pushing my turn for months at a time!!

cdelgado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan
Country flag
I think I was unprepared for the poorly handled nature of this launch. What is frustrating is the disparity in knowledge between dealerships and no incentive for dealerships to work together. I unfortunately chose a less knowledgeable dealership.

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
I'm very sorry to read that you are waiting for so long but I can assure that you will be rewarded for the wait because the car is truly outstanding (oh wait, maybe I'm making it worse :eek: šŸ˜‚ šŸ˜‚ šŸ˜‚ šŸ˜‚ šŸ˜‚ ) .
Unlike Polestar in this case many cars have been delivered (and in this forum I don't think there are all the owners) so these are not production problems but only related to some cars and maybe it is better to have all the necessary recalls done so you can fully enjoy the car and remember the dealer only for maintenance (30000 km or two years for Italy) and for a coffee if I am in the area.
Finger crossed for your delivery my friends!!!

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
My order got delayed actually a second time. This time with no pickup date... I am kind of disappointed by Porsche tbh... When I ordered my first car (Tesla), everything was smooth and was delivered on time. Is anyone familiar with the order cancellation processes?
Simply call your SA and tell him you no longer want the car.
They may (will likely) try to persuade you to keep the order but if you want out, you can get out of it.

Senna

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi SQ7, Macan 4
Country flag
I recall a close friend sharing his challenges with his first-generation Tesla Model Sā€”issues like panel misalignment and needing a new motor. The $10k+ option still isnā€™t living up to expectations. While itā€™s impressive, itā€™s not truly autonomous. To clarify, Iā€™m not an Elon hater; I genuinely appreciate what heā€™s contributing to the industry.

You can have a flawless Tesla, but it will never replicate the driving experience of a Porsche (full stop).

As many have mentioned, the Macan EVs are already on the streets. I havenā€™t had the same luck with mine, but that will be resolved before I pick it up.

Now, itā€™s time for me to head back to my yoga classes, all while the memory of my Macan EV test drive is still fresh in my mind. ;)

nulled

First Name
Dimo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
I'm very sorry to read that you are waiting for so long but I can assure that you will be rewarded for the wait because the car is truly outstanding (oh wait, maybe I'm making it worse :eek: šŸ˜‚ šŸ˜‚ šŸ˜‚ šŸ˜‚ šŸ˜‚ ) .
Unlike Polestar in this case many cars have been delivered (and in this forum I don't think there are all the owners) so these are not production problems but only related to some cars and maybe it is better to have all the necessary recalls done so you can fully enjoy the car and remember the dealer only for maintenance (30000 km or two years for Italy) and for a coffee if I am in the area.
Finger crossed for your delivery my friends!!!
Everyone says it's very good drive... I ordered end of March so it's quite the wait šŸ’”

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
@nulled
You are absolutely right and I feel badly that I already have the car having ordered in June.... šŸ˜Ÿ
I really hope the situation will be resolved soon.