• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Wawando

First Name
Filipe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT GTS, 992 4s Cab, Macan EV Turbo
Country flag
Great numbers, you have a light foot, I am on 26kw/h average šŸ˜… although I did a few sub-20 drives. I will ride smooth for a couple of days to see if I can get to 17sā€¦

OP
OP
Diego

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
Great numbers, you have a light foot, I am on 26kw/h average šŸ˜… although I did a few sub-20 drives. I will ride smooth for a couple of days to see if I can get to 17sā€¦
Yes but you have a Turbo!!!! I think itā€™s hard to have a light foot šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

OP
OP
Diego

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
Great consumption Diego. Does your Porsche app save the data you post?
Yes the Porsche app record some data. Unfortunately is a lot less informative than Tesla app or third parti app usable with Tesla. I planned the charge to be finished this morning at 3:30 with 100% battery but at 2:30 it was already fully charged. Iā€™m looking for a better system to monitor the car but at the moment I found nothingā€¦

byebye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan EV to be deliveredā€¦ or not
Country flag
@Diego how does the Bose sound in comparison with Tesla?
Iā€˜m very interested in the bass aspects, as Tesl is so good with bass system

many thanks for your posts, help me a lot in my waiting processšŸ˜Ž

Daniel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4 CT ,Macan 4 ordered
Country flag
Yes the Porsche app record some data. Unfortunately is a lot less informative than Tesla app or third parti app usable with Tesla. I planned the charge to be finished this morning at 3:30 with 100% battery but at 2:30 it was already fully charged. Iā€™m looking for a better system to monitor the car but at the moment I found nothingā€¦
With the experience of my Taycan, and a PMCC (Wallbox) Porsche ,although it is not exactly the same process as with the Macan (I 've read the manual....):

The application has nothing to do with this problem, if the departure is scheduled for 3.30, the charge will be reached within one or two minutes at 3.30.

If the time required is not enough to charge, a notification will inform you, but not immediately ...

The wallbox must be permanently energized, without any timer.
The Macan will calculate the moment when it will really start charging, based on the maximum power delivered by the wallbox, to finish charging at the scheduled time.

You must not have a destination programmed in the PCM.

If the departure time is sent to the car by the app, you must ensure that it has been received by the PCM.
More sure to do the programming directly on the PCM.
Generally, avoid planning a recharge that repeats itself during the week, even if the days are not activated.

Personally, I would not activate the function: Location-based charging

Finally, but I'm sure you've already read it, Porsche advises in his manual to connect the charging connector to the charging port, ONLY after setting the departure time

Last edited:
OP
OP
Diego

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
With the experience of my Taycan, and a PMCC (Wallbox) Porsche ,although it is not exactly the same process as with the Macan (I 've read the manual....):

The application has nothing to do with this problem, if the departure is scheduled for 3.30, the charge will be reached within one or two minutes at 3.30.

If the time required is not enough to charge, a notification will inform you, but not immediately ...

The wallbox must be permanently energized, without any timer.
The Macan will calculate the moment when it will really start charging, based on the maximum power delivered by the wallbox, to finish charging at the scheduled time.

You must not have a destination programmed in the PCM.

If the departure time is sent to the car by the app, you must ensure that it has been received by the PCM.
More sure to do the programming directly on the PCM.
Generally, avoid planning a recharge that repeats itself during the week, even if the days are not activated.

Personally, I would not activate the function: Location-based charging

Finally, but I'm sure you've already read it, Porsche advises in his manual to connect the charging connector to the charging port, ONLY after setting the departure time
Thanks for your feedback @Daniel. Unfortunately Iā€™ve done all the steps you suggested. Charge planned in the app and sent to the car. Checked yesterday afternoon that it was correctly received. The wall box (Gewiss single phase 7,4kW) and was correctly powered. The only think that I have to check is to not have selected a destination before. The charge was completed at 2:30 while it was planned to end at 3:30 (better this than the opposite). Iā€™ll check again with my next long trip.

Daniel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4 CT ,Macan 4 ordered
Country flag
Thanks for your feedback @Daniel. Unfortunately Iā€™ve done all the steps you suggested. Charge planned in the app and sent to the car. Checked yesterday afternoon that it was correctly received. The wall box (Gewiss single phase 7,4kW) and was correctly powered. The only think that I have to check is to not have selected a destination before. The charge was completed at 2:30 while it was planned to end at 3:30 (better this than the opposite). Iā€™ll check again with my next long trip.
Thanks for these details @Diego , which don't really reassure me...
I will exchange my Taycan for the Macan this friday morning (@byebye ;) )...
My salesperson must "offer" me a box, I don't know which model.

Wawando

First Name
Filipe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT GTS, 992 4s Cab, Macan EV Turbo
Country flag
The charging process should be fully controlled by the car, not the box... The box can be any box as it should only limit current and eventually enforce it's own charging schedule (that might be different than the one programmed in the car).

OP
OP
Diego

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
Thanks for these details, which don't really reassure me...
I will exchange my Taycan for the Macan this friday morning...
My salesperson must "offer" me a box, I don't know which model.
Sincerely, even after my experience with the Tesla App that is absolutely full of details for the planned charge, I am looking for something to have better information. Tried EEVEE but it failed to connect to the car.