• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.
Sponsored

Porsche Tech claiming the car is shit

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
@byebye sorry to hear that but I completely understand your' needs (and they would have been mine too since the Macan is my daily drive....). Sincerely I can not understand why it's so different from dealer to dealer... The only thing that I know is that the one with problems at my delaer is a Turbo....
Hardware problems are the worst, but I agree that the Macan's software is still a mess.

Wawando

First Name
Filipe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT GTS, 992 4s Cab, Macan EV Turbo
Country flag
Hi,
What exactly are you guys complaining about?
I am super happy with my Macan Turbo…
The only thing is the appstore connection that does not work but I do not even know why I need it as google search and online traffic features work.
Great car, if you ask me, had a pcm black screen and a bose not working at the beginning. Since then, everything is working and it is my daily car…
Maybe I am lucky?

nulled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
We were one of the first to receive our Macan 4 and our delivery date was pushed out by som days due to the software update, which didn’t run through properly. Delivery itself was really shitty, because they were not able to connect our account to the PCM. One day later they found out, that the reason was, that they didn’t set the clock. If that is not set to the correct date, nothing really works once done, it seem d to work. But of course, I had to change our password for the My Porsche app, because I had given it to them, so that they could connect and try. Since then the connection to the PCM is gone and we were not able to connect it again. (Already two weeks ago.). With the help of the service people at Porsche. we did several factory resets, but they don’t seem to work at all. Our data still stays in there. We have also removed the accounts and always have to connect to guest account now but the main user still seems to be existent, although not connected due to the different password. So the car went to Porsche once again. They tried to reset themselves, but also didn’t work. We got it back again and now a ticket with Porsche was opened. No one really knows how to deal with these issues. so right now we are driving without any problems, but we cannot use the app which makes it pretty useless. This is really annoying.
Same thing happened to me when I did a factory rest to enable Plug and Charge feature. I went to time settings and set it to current date, put my phone in airplane mode while doing so and it worked. I was also unable to connect my account. After you complete this, try pairing your phone again from Device Management. I stayed in the car for 3 hours trying to make it work and eventually it worked and I think it was the clock setting but I also did 3 resets. After that it's been working very well.

nulled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
We were one of the first to receive our Macan 4 and our delivery date was pushed out by som days due to the software update, which didn’t run through properly. Delivery itself was really shitty, because they were not able to connect our account to the PCM. One day later they found out, that the reason was, that they didn’t set the clock. If that is not set to the correct date, nothing really works once done, it seem d to work. But of course, I had to change our password for the My Porsche app, because I had given it to them, so that they could connect and try. Since then the connection to the PCM is gone and we were not able to connect it again. (Already two weeks ago.). With the help of the service people at Porsche. we did several factory resets, but they don’t seem to work at all. Our data still stays in there. We have also removed the accounts and always have to connect to guest account now but the main user still seems to be existent, although not connected due to the different password. So the car went to Porsche once again. They tried to reset themselves, but also didn’t work. We got it back again and now a ticket with Porsche was opened. No one really knows how to deal with these issues. so right now we are driving without any problems, but we cannot use the app which makes it pretty useless. This is really annoying.
Btw have you tried changing your password back to the old one. This might help the car authenticate.

byebye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan EV to be delivered… or not
Country flag
Hi,
What exactly are you guys complaining about?
I am super happy with my Macan Turbo…
The only thing is the appstore connection that does not work but I do not even know why I need it as google search and online traffic features work.
Great car, if you ask me, had a pcm black screen and a bose not working at the beginning. Since then, everything is working and it is my daily car…
Maybe I am lucky?
4 weeks and still counting to update my new Macan.
Total lost of confidence in my specific Macan Turbo: with no OTA (for electronic hardware) what will be the future in case of the need of a new software update? One month stucked at the dealership?
Frankly, I’ve never seen such a mess…

OP
OP
krissrock

krissrock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi TT Roadster, Ducati Panigale, Cheverolet Trailblazer, Kia Sportage Hybrid
Country flag
OTA is the key, and it’s still not ready 5 years after the Taycan launch… Different platform, but same issues so far.
interesting that one of the comments on Reddit, was that this is why VAG is partnering/investing with Rivian.... To have access to whatever tech the are using for their OTA updates

Awaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40, next Porsche Macan EV
Country flag
Does no OTA mean maps don't get updated either via OTA? 🤔

OP
OP
krissrock

krissrock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi TT Roadster, Ducati Panigale, Cheverolet Trailblazer, Kia Sportage Hybrid
Country flag
I don't know about porsche...but my understanding is that these recent connected cars, are coming with a complimentary service for the data, like maps etc.
it's limited in time...like 1-3 yrs or so......then after that, you'll have to pay for the subscription, or the cars can use your phone's hotspot for the data it needs.
but either way, i'm doubtful updates to the software will come this way. it may require a trip to the dealership.

someone else may have better insight...this may not be the case with porsche. I'm pretty sure this is how it works with the Cadillac EV

Airos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo
I have a Macan Turbo and all is good really. I had some system errors due to gps issue but that was very minor really. My biggest complain is the passager screen is hard to look at (from the passager pov)

byebye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan EV to be delivered… or not
Country flag
I don’t think: I think (hope) that Porsche is already able to update the PCM via OTA: ux/ui, multimedia features, maps etc.

But I think it will be some time before Porsche is in a position to update on-board electronics via OTA, where there will certainly be updating needs (safety reasons, technical problems, etc.).

JonoNZ

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX M60, Abarth 500e, Audi RS3, Porsche Macan Turbo PR1X9KR5
Country flag
I'm pretty sure they have got to the point with the Taycan that all modules can now be updated OTA. Whether they do or not is another matter.

I really think it's too early to tell about OTA on the Macan, but I think we can realistically expect it. Most of us are really concerned with infotainment OTA updates that bring new user functionality, Ui improvements, etc most of the other "module/ECU" updates are for fixes.

It's clear they can update a lot -- we've gone from the old Taycan style PCM to a complete new look, and that's before the cars were even delivered. I'd say anyone saying we won't get OTA does not know enough and is being way too pessimistic.

Wawando

First Name
Filipe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Same thing happened to me when I did a factory rest to enable Plug and Charge feature. I went to time settings and set it to current date, put my phone in airplane mode while doing so and it worked. I was also unable to connect my account. After you complete this, try pairing your phone again from Device Management. I stayed in the car for 3 hours trying to make it work and eventually it worked and I think it was the clock setting but I also did 3 resets. After that it's been working very well.
Time setting should be automatic. My dealer went out for the car to receive radio/satellite info for that.

Wawando

First Name
Filipe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Outch!
If I got it right, you received the car and it went back to the dealer for an update and you are without it for 4 weeks?
That is unacceptable…

nulled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
Time setting should be automatic. My dealer went out for the car to receive radio/satellite info for that.
It should but if you reset your car, there is a bug. And you need to manually set it or nothing else will work properly 🤓