• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.
Sponsored

Macan EV Review by Out of Spec Review - Hoggback Driver Assist Challenge

shawn

First Name
shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Model Y, Model 3, XC 40
Country flag
I have owned a model year 2022 and the ACC and driver assist (not FSD) behavior of the innodrive in this video is the same but is some cases maybe slighty better. Model Y often got confused by open right hand exits and drifted right and left to quickly correct and innodrive did not do that. Both systems disengage on faster sharper curves at highway speeds but they both manage the rest well. Looking forward to subscribing to innodrive to try it out myself.

Last edited:

CandianPorsche83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911
Country flag
I have owned a model year 2022 and the ACC and driver assist (not FSD) behavior of the innodrive in this video is the same but is some cases maybe slighty better. Model Y often got confused by open right hand exits and drifted right and left to quickly correct and innodrive did not do that. Both systems disengage on faster sharper curves at highway speeds but they both manage the rest well. Looking forward to subscribing to innodrive to try it out myself.
Have you gotten confirmation that it’s an option that can be subscribed to after delivery? My SA doesn’t think so but I know Taycan has it. Thanks

RunningOnSolar

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4 (orderd), Subaru Solterra, Crosstrek,
Country flag
Have you gotten confirmation that it’s an option that can be subscribed to after delivery? My SA doesn’t think so but I know Taycan has it. Thanks
My SA said Feature On Demand is not supported on Macan so I bought Innodrive. I hope that changes as not everyone is going to want to buy all features up front. I would have definitely configured my car differently with the option to spread costs out.

Kyle’s review lines up well with my experience. Probably the most annoying behavior is the unexpected speed reductions (mostly for ambiguous sign interpretations). This happens a lot more in street driving than highway. Since Innodrive is most valuable on roadtrips anyway, it is not a huge concern, but beware. Familiarity with the limitations is a good antidote to avoiding overconfidence as Innodrive is a long way from self driving.

Kyle was rightly impressed with the safety features and passenger override. These features alone are a game changer in terms of highway safety and partially the feature is standard. All passengers should be educated in their use. Specifically the feature of pressing the hazard lights button for 3 seconds If the driver is having a medical emergency. Amazing!

My appreciation for the engineering has increased and I hope to write on this more…

Last edited:

CandianPorsche83

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911
Country flag
My SA said Feature On Demand is not supported on Macan so I bought Innodrive. I hope that changes as not everyone is going to want to buy all features up front. I would have definitely configured my car differently with the option to spread costs out.

Kyle’s review lines up well with my experience. Probably the most annoying behavior is the unexpected speed reductions (mostly for ambiguous sign interpretations). This happens a lot more in street driving than highway. Since Innodrive is most valuable on roadtrips anyway, it is not a huge concern, but beware. Familiarity with the limitations is a good antidote to avoiding overconfidence as Innodrive is a long way from self driving.

Kyle was rightly impressed with the safety features and passenger override. These features alone are a game changer in terms of highway safety and partially there as standard. All passengers should be educated in their use. Specifically the feature of pressing the hazard lights button for 3 seconds If the driver is having a medical emergency. Amazing!

My appreciation for the engineering has increased and I hope to write on this more…
Awesome! Just to be clear because I only skimmed the video (Kyle’s videos are always too long for me) but you can turn off the auto speed change no? Thanks