• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.
Sponsored

14 way vs 18 way seats

P.C.

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Jaguar F-Pace
Country flag
Is there any difference in rear leg room between the 14 way and 18 way seats? Is the seat casing any different?

I've only seen the 18 way seats in a Turbo and in my driving position they didn't leave much rear legroom.

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
I'm 1,82m tall (or short for my Swedish friends ;) )and with 18 way seat I have a lot of space for the legs of passengers in the rear seats. If I remember correctly the back of the seat (in the lowest area) is quite the same between 14 and 18 ways.

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
Exclusive shot of @Diego at the wheel, leaving tons of space behind him.

Electric Macan EV 14 way vs 18 way seats 1729090365805-rt

Joke aside, I’m just shy of 1m80 myself and I can seat very comfortably on the back seat without moving the 14/18 driver seat, with several inches of space in front of my knees.

Fun TC Driving

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
iX M60, C8 Z06
Country flag
Two considerations. The first one raised by our Dave way back when, that only with the 14 way seats can we get message. Second, both my wife and I found that getting into 18 ways that for a second, we uncomfortably sit on the edge of the outside bolster (it digging in a little into the bottom of our thigh) as we got in. Of course many might master a different way of getting in without that happening, but like always, suggested that one first make a trip to the Porsche dealer and even if they do not have a Macan EV with the 18 way seats, those on the ICE Macan 18’s are built the same. In fact it was on a ICE last year with its 18 way seats, that we first noticed it (way back then also comparison tried a 14 way seat to not have that happen). Then last month during our EV test drive, we both felt that same issue getting into the 18 way seat EV demonstrator. 14 ways seats for us for both reasons for us, but as usual YMMV.