• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Any essential specs to order?

OP
OP
taycanstuff

taycanstuff

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla
Country flag
Would be good if there was a premium pack in UK as would add a few nice options together. No such option I can see on the UK site.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T (EV upgrade a tempter!)
Country flag
Would be good if there was a premium pack in UK as would add a few nice options together. No such option I can see on the UK site.
..would also save some dosh.

This and the tech pack don't feature for any Porsche model in UK / Europe.

No logic to it either.

Salmonfisher

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2 plus/pilot
Country flag
Still trying to get to bottom of whether 8 way seats have a memory. lots of posts here say they don't but my dealer still insisists they do on drivers seat. UK configurator seems to back him up.
Comfort Seats front (8-way, electric)
Electric adjustment of:
- seat height
- fore-aft position
- seat angle
- backrest angle

Headrests can be manually adjusted horizontally.

Storage of personalised settings for driver seat and exterior mirror positions.

Surely storage of personalised settings for drivers seat means a memory?
Any definitive answer would be great as memory for drivers seat is a non negotiable for me.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo,Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
drivers seat memory with 8 way seats is plausible

why are you limiting yourself to base seats?

Salmonfisher

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2 plus/pilot
Country flag
drivers seat memory with 8 way seats is plausible

why are you limiting yourself to base seats?
Would have thought 8 way were fine if they have memory. Want to spend the money on essentials like air suspension, ACC and off road bumper plus colour I like.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Still trying to get to bottom of whether 8 way seats have a memory. lots of posts here say they don't but my dealer still insisists they do on drivers seat. UK configurator seems to back him up.
Comfort Seats front (8-way, electric)
Electric adjustment of:
- seat height
- fore-aft position
- seat angle
- backrest angle

Headrests can be manually adjusted horizontally.

Storage of personalised settings for driver seat and exterior mirror positions.

Surely storage of personalised settings for drivers seat means a memory?
Any definitive answer would be great as memory for drivers seat is a non negotiable for me.
Memory for driver seat only.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Would have thought 8 way were fine if they have memory. Want to spend the money on essentials like air suspension, ACC and off road bumper plus colour I like.
ACC is in the non essential option must have IMHO.

14-way, with electric adjustment of steering wheel etc is a more rewarding and satisfying option than a software driven item which is prone to error.

360 panoramic park assist is a must and before ACC.

Note that these options are standard on NA / US spec cars and so most folk in that region just expect.

hulz99

First Name
Rahul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2018 Porsche Macan GTS
Country flag
ACC is in the non essential option must have IMHO.

14-way, with electric adjustment of steering wheel etc is a more rewarding and satisfying option than a software driven item which is prone to error.

360 panoramic park assist is a must and before ACC.

Note that these options are standard on NA / US spec cars and so most folk in that region just expect.
ACC is now standard across the board for the Macan ev, surround view standard on the 4S and Turbo. I’ve been using ACC since 2015 on the Macan and I must admit it works flawlessly.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
ACC is now standard across the board for the Macan ev, surround view standard on the 4S and Turbo. I’ve been using ACC since 2015 on the Macan and I must admit it works flawlessly.
Not standard in UK or Europe.

The mapping data and poor road signage in UK makes ACC, standard speed limiter etc problematic (can't use them on my Taycan GTS ST).

Salmonfisher

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Polestar 2 plus/pilot
Country flag
I agree about 360 camera and have included it. i cant imagine ever buying a car without ACC as on my currrent Polestar it is never off and only reason i don't get speeding tickets. Poor signage as above (which i agree is awful) doesn't affect ACC but does make speed limiters unusable.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Not standard in UK or Europe.

The mapping data and poor road signage in UK makes ACC, standard speed limiter etc problematic (can't use them on my Taycan GTS ST).
ACC uses radar (or some other sensor tech) to simply not exceed the speed of vehicle's in front of you - you're thinking of Innodrive (Which is aweful by the way) - ACC is just better cruise control and works in stop/go traffic…

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, GT4 (sold), Macan Turbo, Cayman SBE 987.18
Country flag
- you're thinking of Innodrive (Which is awful by the way)
Agree with you on steering - as soon as ALK is turned on, my wife asks what's wrong with the car. It is not graceful nor looks far enough ahead to be graceful.

However, InnoDrive does a great job braking and recognizes curves, intersections, blind spots, and stop signs (but will not stop - just slows and asks driver to take control). Turn off the speed-limit monitoring when using if you do not want it to slow for every school zone!

InnoDrive changes its braking behavior depending on drive mode - when set to SPORT PLUS, you think a driving instructor is teaching you how to trail brake. Try setting your speed to 85 (reckless driving in most US states) and watch it slow to 35 in a hairpin turn by itself.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Agree with you on steering - as soon as ALK is turned on, my wife asks what's wrong with the car. It is not graceful nor looks far enough ahead to be graceful.

However, InnoDrive does a great job braking and recognizes curves, intersections, blind spots, and stop signs (but will not stop - just slows and asks driver to take control). Turn off the speed-limit monitoring when using if you do not want it to slow for every school zone!

InnoDrive changes its braking behavior depending on drive mode - when set to SPORT PLUS, you think a driving instructor is teaching you how to trail brake. Try setting your speed to 85 (reckless driving in most US states) and watch it slow to 35 in a hairpin turn by itself.
this has not been my experience with innodrive on my 3 different porsche's 2020 Taycan, 2021 Cayenne, 2022 911 TurboS - on all 3 cars innodrive is a disaster when it "feels" the speed limit has changed to lower speed the amount of braking it provides has almost most caused an accident multiple times - I run with ACC only - leaving innodrive in the technical trash bin of history…

I'm glad it works well for you - but in my circumstances and the roads I drive it has proven dangerous - almost getting me rear-ended multiple times (NOTE: I'm aware being rear ended is not innodrive's fault, but I can't control how close vehicle's are willing to follow, and they have a certain expectation of not sudden/abrupt speed changes).

Innodrive has aggressively slowed my vehicle for NO REASON on multiple occassions leading to almost accidents…

ACC is great - and I like it since it lacks "command" authority to change the speed settings, and will only slow/speed up based on detected objects in front of it.

if innodrive works for you - great! it doens't for me - you're welcome to come visit me and we'll go on some test drives with you at the wheel - and I'll show you it f'ing up in real time.

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, GT4 (sold), Macan Turbo, Cayman SBE 987.18
Country flag
this has not been my experience with innodrive on my 3 different porsche's 2020 Taycan, 2021 Cayenne, 2022 911 TurboS - on all 3 cars innodrive is a disaster when it "feels" the speed limit has changed to lower speed the amount of braking it provides has almost most caused an accident multiple times - I run with ACC only - leaving innodrive in the technical trash bin of history…

I'm glad it works well for you - but in my circumstances and the roads I drive it has proven dangerous - almost getting me rear-ended multiple times (NOTE: I'm aware being rear ended is not innodrive's fault, but I can't control how close vehicle's are willing to follow, and they have a certain expectation of not sudden/abrupt speed changes).

Innodrive has aggressively slowed my vehicle for NO REASON on multiple occasions leading to almost accidents…

ACC is great - and I like it since it lacks "command" authority to change the speed settings, and will only slow/speed up based on detected objects in front of it.

if innodrive works for you - great! it doens't for me - you're welcome to come visit me and we'll go on some test drives with you at the wheel - and I'll show you it f'ing up in real time.
Dave,

Sorry that InnoDrive does not work for you. It is critical to turn off speed-limit monitoring to avoid most of the problems you described. With speed-limit monitoring off, the hiccups we see are caused by locally provided digital data, typically at a handoff from one jurisdiction or another, and that has decreased greatly in the last four years (use to enjoy a hack on a local road data base that was 90 mph for one mile). And the twin radar on our 2020 Taycan is superior to the single radar on our 2015 Macan - hope the 2024 Macan turbo electric is similar to the Taycan.

InnoDrive seems to be optimized when a route has been programmed, but controlled braking for curves or intersections works without a route.

Our Macan turbo electric is on the ground in Jacksonville, FL - PCNA ATL is the next stop (17 SEP ETA), where is yours?

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Standard speed limiter observes speed limits (and not just limit speed) but can lead to rapid deceleration when you least expect it. ACC will behave the same but as pointed out will provide stop / go control. (along with distance control).