• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Anyone else stuck at the port in Jacksonville?

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo,Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
I was told a couple of weeks ago my car was "on the ground" in Jacksonville - as to if it's 'stuck' there - that's unclear - no status has been shared recently other than PCNA/My-dealership have no idea when my vehicle will be ready.

OP
OP

alvaro

First Name
Ɓlvaro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 BMW X6 m60i, 2023 Mercedes-Benz GLB 220
Country flag
Hennessey or Perimeter? My order is with Perimeter, and they did state they have recieved 1 customer car, but they still don't even have the standard spec Turbo and 4 that all the other dealers have mostly gotten (The Oak Green and/or Copper Ruby that are all optioned exactly the same). It looks like Hennessey has a couple on the ground, Birmingham and Huntsville both have a few, etc... I'm being impatient, and maybe there is a part hold that is going on, but the lack of info as to why it just continues to bump back is a bit frustrating.
It had a Hennessy plate holder on it.

I've been checking local inventory (mostly to convince myself I didn't screw up and get the most popular color within 50 miles) and Perimeter seems like they must be lower on the priority list for Porsche. They didn't seem to get the same volume of allocation as Hennessy.

But yea, Im not sure what's going on with Perimeter. Too bad, my last Macan GTS (2022) came from Perimeter. Unfortunately appearntly my SA left or something so my constant emails to him months fore the car was announced to inquire about it went unanswered. I would've ordered it from them.

I advised them next time a SA leaves, to reach out to their customers.

Funny enough, the SA I ordered from at Hennessy left as well, but they were reached to me to let me know and introduce me to the new SA.

Here's my million-dollar question. If I "pre" ordered (? gave a deposit before it was even announced back in Late Jan). How did someone get one before me?

byebye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan EV to be deliveredā€¦ or not
Country flag
Here's my million-dollar question. If I "pre" ordered (? gave a deposit before it was even announced back in Late Jan). How did someone get one before me?
Obviously because your Macan is stucked somewhere because of technical problems on your specific Macanā€¦
Mine is at the dealership since 9/19 with no ETA. I even donā€™t know what the exact problems areā€¦
Iā€˜m going to cancel: Iā€™m scared that my specific macan turbo is actually a lemon. 0km/mile and already 30 days at the dealership for service :eek:
I will order a new one in 2 months, so I have time to figure out how things evolve.
Itā€™s a strong disappointment.

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
Obviously because your Macan is stucked somewhere because of technical problems on your specific Macanā€¦
Mine is at the dealership since 9/19 with no ETA. I even donā€™t know what the exact problems areā€¦
Iā€˜m going to cancel: Iā€™m scared that my specific macan turbo is actually a lemon. 0km/mile and already 30 days at the dealership for service :eek:
I will order a new one in 2 months, so I have time to figure out how things evolve.
It sucks but probably the best route, youā€™ve been (understandably) very unhappy with the situation. Let us know how the cancellation goes and when you have your new order in!

OP
OP

alvaro

First Name
Ɓlvaro
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2025 BMW X6 m60i, 2023 Mercedes-Benz GLB 220
Country flag
I don't know if it's a technical issue ... yet.
It just arrived there on or around October 1st.
- Then we had a hurricane
- Then a dock workers strike
- Then another hurricane.

But to your point, I should inquire to get specifics. I'll give another week or so.

byebye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan EV to be deliveredā€¦ or not
Country flag
Hopefully itā€™s just related to external events, and you will take delivery soon!šŸ¤ž

@tmrqs : yes! Waiting is part of the process, so letā€™s wait for an another round with a new order šŸ˜Š

Duke95

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pathfinder, Macan 4 on order
Country flag
Very much sympathetic to those whose cars are sitting at port or the dealership! I must be lucky: I did experience a 3 week delay because the boat (Amethyst Ace) that my car was supposed to be shipped on broke down...ultimately they put it on a different ship (Future Way). But...the car then sat in the Baltimore port for a whopping 2 days, and got to me by truck 2 days after that (in Chicago), and my SA confirmed all software updates are complete and the car is ready for me to take delivery today (cant do that but going tomorrow!)...2 days after they got it. 6 days total from getting off the boat to being ready for pickup. Wishing everyone else was as lucky and best of luck to all who are waiting! I know that 3 week delay I had was very upsetting! 1st world problem, yes. But still...having to wait on your dream car sucks!

ADABarba

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Porsche Macan EV 4, 2021 Audi E-tron SUV
Country flag
4 week delay for me, but it was worth it in my opinion.

My delay was do to the new US software package that needed to be downloaded to the car once it reached the US. My SA suspected the software package was too large for the hardware module to receive, so Porsche sent a new hardware module from Germany to Freeport, Texas. Once the new module was installed, I was told it took 6 hours for the new software package to be downloaded. Then my car was released from the port.