• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

GT Sport vs Standard Steering Wheel on Non-Turbo EVs

bbmertz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Tesla Y, Ford F-150
Country flag
I realize there are tons of threads on the GT Sport versus Standard steering wheel on other ICE Macan forums, however these two steering wheels are not as different on the Macan EV.

As you can see in the attached photos (GT on top), the buttons and center trim are exactly the same. The main differences are the GT sport wheel has a smaller diameter, cosmetic bolts, stitching at the top, and a thicker grip at 10 and 2 o’clock.

Is it still worth upgrading to the GT wheel on the EV despite the lack of additional functionality?

Macan EV GT Sport vs Standard Steering Wheel on Non-Turbo EVs IMG_0980
Macan EV GT Sport vs Standard Steering Wheel on Non-Turbo EVs IMG_0981

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Totally preference. I love the GT wheel, really sells the package as a Porsche sportscar, but the base wheel is fine.

Last edited:

ThomasDK

First Name
Thomas
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW I3
Country flag
Same upgrade on all Porsche, I have upgraded to the Race-tex. You Can live without, but You Touch and look at it every day

Fun TC Driving

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
iX M60, C8 Z06
Country flag
GT wheel in leather. I saw a 900 mile Rce-Tex wheel on a GT4 at a dealership and it was already showing it was no longer looking new; and in fact the salesperson pointed out its initial wear spots and recommended ”if you are not tracking your car, leather is what most of my customers choose.”

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3 LR '21 - Macan 4 expected arrival 20/9/24
Country flag
Same experience with my SA: Race Text is very nice but wear out fast. So I upgrade to GT wheel in leather since I love smaller wheel and the look of the "Naked" bolts. In addition it is heated so the money difference between the normal+heated and the GT is very small.

shawn

First Name
shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Model Y, Model 3, XC 40
Country flag
If your going for the sport wheel then go all out and get the carbon fibre inlay. 😁. (If you like the look that is) . I would have done two tone with deviated stitch if I could but sadly not offered (yes I am obsessed with cool steering wheels because I think they are a centrepiece of the interior but that’s just me).

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
GT wheel any day! Leather for daily driver, RaceTex only makes sense (to me) on a track.

Plus it’s a Porsche… come on… 🙃

RHC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4S EV
Country flag
Agree GT wheel in leather. Had an Alcantara / RaceTex wheel previously and it was a huge PITA to keep it clean over time.