• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Macan 4 vs Turbo - list of standard equipment and its value

andics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Sport Turismo MY24, Macan 4S ordered
Country flag
Hi all,

Like many others here, I am slightly on the fence between the 4 and turbo versions. I clearly don't have a reason to "need" the turbo, however I would probably tick a few options on the Macan 4 which will be standard on the turbo...so...instead of going crazy with 2 configurator windows....has anyone found or done a full list of what comes as standard in the Turbo which doesn't come in the 4 and what is its actual value? (ideally UK market?)

Thanks in advance

Fun TC Driving

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
iX M60, C8 Z06
Country flag
Not answering your primary question, but the other key one you raised as to “why get a turbo”/is it needed,” so many trusted reviewers such as Brian Wong at Edmunds and Thomas at Autogefühl state that a Macan 4 will perfectly meet the needs of 90% of Macan EV buyers.

Want some extra sportiness to your Mecan 4, add in the air suspension and rear wheel steering and other than straight line acceleration blasts (which for those of us who have owned EV’s for a while know becomes something you do at the beginning and when showing it off to your friends is almost the only times you ever do it), and you are happily enjoying your Mecan 4 with mega thousands of savings.

OP
OP

andics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes I agree, and I would definitely spec both air suspensions (which I have on my taycan 4s and love them) and rear wheel drive (which I had in my 8 series and now I don't...and really miss it).

however I'd be buying with my business so when you factor the tax saving in % to the total costs the gap with the turbo gets quite small (i.e. £18k or so, to which std options need to be detracted) and I am sure it will have better resale value one day compared to a "heavy" specced 4.

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
(which for those of us who have owned EV’s for a while know becomes something you do at the beginning and when showing it off to your friends is almost the only times you ever do it)
I'm sure I'm the minority but even with my EVs, I still do it all the time. 😁

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
The 4S version is coming out shortly and my dealer has said this would be the sweet spot. He said the issue is that a turbo will lose more value than a 4 but i guess depends on options.

Deleted member 4117

For the price difference, I feel the turbo version offers a better value proposition for me.

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Ok so i decided to look at this last night for the UK cars. This is a very rough calc !

There is a £25k difference between the 4 and the Turbo.

The options you get as standard on the Turbo over the 4 are around £13k making the difference about £12k

The extra options i make are :

Premium colour
Wheels
Seats
Leather
Mirrors in black / body colour
Off Road pack
Sports sound
Air suspension
Sport chrono
PS Plus
LED Matrix lights
Tinted rear
dimming mirrors
Steel pedals
Heating steering
Bose

So for me there is not quite enough value in the turbo....

In the US they offer combo packs which are better value which we don't get here as everything is a single line extra...

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
Same calc I did. Add less range and that's why I went for the 4.

OP
OP

andics

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
The list of extras included in the turbo is really 90% of what I'd add to the 4...!!

I can't stomach the smaller boot space in the turbo but I think I will still go for that

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
Same calc I did. Add less range and that's why I went for the 4.
Me too - well i'm going to wait for the 4S launch or GTS and put the £12k savings on other extras.

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
Me too - well i'm going to wait for the 4S launch or GTS and put the £12k savings on other extras.
Hope the 4S (or GTS) are nicely positioned pricing and equipment wise, there isn’t a ton of room right now to add 2 trims.

Looking at the newest Taycan in the US:
- Base: $99,400
- 4S: $118,500 (+$19.1k / +19% vs base)
- Turbo: $173,600 (+$74.2k / +74% vs base)
- Turbo S: $209,000 (+$109.6k / +110% vs base)

Looking at the new Macan now:
- Base: $78,800
- Turbo: $105,300 (+$26.5k / +33% vs base)

If the Macan doesn’t see its prices increase next year and Porsche follows the same structure (big “if”), the 4S could be priced right around $86-87k.

We’ll know soon enough. :)

Gnasher

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S Cross Turismo
Country flag
i think they are also bringing out a lower spec base model too.

Yves

First Name
Yves
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX / Audi Q7
Country flag
12 K difference is not that much, also, I did not really calculate, but the upgrades on Turbo seem cheaper as well, anyway, if that difference would have been for the 4S, I would have waited for it, I went for the Turbo … The 4 has just not enough oomph … it’s slower than my iX 50 and that is not the fastest when I need to do an emergency overtaking (was a bit spoiled with the MXP)

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
I’ve just tried to build a Turbo with the same spec I select on the 4. Price of the 4 109000€, price of the Turbo 131000€ (and as I wrote before, less range - but more power of course ;-) ). Maybe a 4S could be the right choice but I need a car since my Tesla lease ends at the end of September and the 4 should (fingers crossed) arrive in October.