• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Senna

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi SQ7, Macan 4
Country flag
My Macan 4 is on thru the update since Monday(09/23), the SA said they was able to completed the “base update”, it has a few to be complete. No ETA they are give to me ☹. I tested drive the Macan 4 yesterday, it was a great drive experience. I’m looking forward to receiving my.

I'm not sure if the Macan with the Power Charge Port Cover is related to the issue, because the test drive Macan 4, which had that feature, it didn't experience any update problems.

Last edited:

Jetced

First Name
Cedric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance, Macan EV turbo (ordered
Country flag
my dealer did not start yet as the sensor that he's waiting for did not arrive yet. and they have no idea when it arrives as in 2024 packages from Porsche are sent without any tracking or update (*irony*). So my favourite answer is "we don't know when your car will be ready". I know it's sitting on the lot since 2 weeks and nothing has been done with it.

grizzler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
Wow, you got a Macan with an attitude - it needs to be taught some manners and shush.

🙃
I visited him an hour ago and tried it the tender way ;)
Salesman and two workshop people told me:
a) the satin black 22" are :like: with icegrey
b) the updates should be done within 30 minutes.

So maybe, i am trying not to trust on it, next week i can get the car.
To get a little pressure into it i put down my taycan there- say
Macan EV Macan EV Software Update delaying delivery! tay
goodbye! ;)

DuckMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X5 40i, TRD Taco, K1200RS. past: M5, M3, 135i S2.
Country flag
I could get the car tomorrow morning at 9 but unfortunately I have to finish a mix for a major artist and so delivery has been delayed. But thanks for your optimism my friend @fsabek , in case the car is not ready for delivery on Friday I’ll get a weekend with a GT3 (kindly offered by my SA).
He knows you will want to keep it. Hold out for RS, or GT2 if they are still pushing code next week.

route128

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Carrera 911, 2020 Tesla Model X
Country flag
My Turbo came in on Tuesday morning. Now it's Friday morning and they are still working through the 3 software updates - and I know this team is very good. Sigh.

There is also a module in the frunk area they say needs to be replaced but thankfully they have it in stock.

:please:🤞

route128

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2020 Porsche Carrera 911, 2020 Tesla Model X
Country flag
Just stopped by the dealer and they still are unable to get even the first of the 3 software updates installed on the Turbo - they crash the equipment and the install fails.. The tech says maybe sometime next week Porsche can get this resolved. sigh.

Also there is an RO from Porsche that the electric battery control unit needs to be replaced before delivery of the car and they need to replace the adhesive strips for the sensor on the right and left charge port doors.

cdelgado

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan
Country flag
I know there are pains with every new model rollout, but this has been particularly difficult. The continual delays and issues make me want to give up on the 2024 MY and get the 2025 MY.

Senna

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi SQ7, Macan 4
Country flag
Just stopped by the dealer and they still are unable to get even the first of the 3 software updates installed on the Turbo - they crash the equipment and the install fails.. The tech says maybe sometime next week Porsche can get this resolved. sigh.

Also there is an RO from Porsche that the electric battery control unit needs to be replaced before delivery of the car and they need to replace the adhesive strips for the sensor on the right and left charge port doors.

It seems that some people are "lucky" enough to receive their cars without the updates and replacements. Is this the case for only certain vehicles? I haven’t noticed any consistency regarding this issue.

Jembob67

First Name
james
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Macan S; 718 Boxster; 981 GT4; 968 CS
It seems that some people are "lucky" enough to receive their cars without the updates and replacements. Is this the case for only certain vehicles? I haven’t noticed any consistency regarding this issue.

UK cars also have the software update delaying delivery but our dealer also mentioned problems with the rear trailing arms needing replacement and all demonstration drives are on hold pending that being fixed. Our 4S isn’t due until January so hopefully these teething issues will all be sorted by then…