• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.
OP
OP
tmrqs

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
Will be attending the test drive at PECATL on 8/7 - excited!
I booked 2 sessions at PECATL with the Macan EV, hoping to get answers on a few questions I have about the car. 17 hours to go.

If anyone has questions as well, happy to try to get them clarified to - let me know!

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo,Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
I booked 2 sessions at PECATL with the Macan EV, hoping to get answers on a few questions I have about the car. 17 hours to go.

If anyone has questions as well, happy to try to get them clarified to - let me know!
backup camera quality assessment please - Taycan owners have a lot of complaints about the Taycan's level of distortion.

and if you can plug in a few destinations into the PCM navigation and see what range the car estimates based on trying to drive somewhere.

Fun TC Driving

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
iX M60, C8 Z06
Country flag
Please If getting the compass/altimeter dash instrument, what do we lose by not getting the Sports Chrono? TU tmrqs!!!

The while one with those wheels is a sharp combination. After an intro, they should hand you the key fob and let you play away.

Fun TC Driving

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
iX M60, C8 Z06
Country flag
My Sr BA is going to Porsche Macan training in ten days. I have asked him to please drill down on the often asked here question of compass/altimeter versus Sport Chrono question, i.e.., what do we gain and what do we lose if we select each.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
My Sr BA is going to Porsche Macan training in ten days. I have asked him to please drill down on the often asked here question of compass/altimeter versus Sport Chrono question, i.e.., what do we gain and what do we lose if we select each.
You lose -
1) Sport Plus mode
2) PSM Sport mode, which is in between normal stability management and turning it off completely. To activate PSM Sport you do a short press, to turn off completely you do a long press.]
3) Lap times (no one cares, useless option on a Macan)

That's 100% confirmed. PSM Sport & Sport Plus are, IMO, the best ways to daily a Porsche if you want a sporty experience. PSM Sport allows you to do some sliding, burnouts, whereas it's nearly impossible with PSM fully on and you have no help at all if it's off.

It's annoying you can't just choose between compass/clock and keep these items, but currently you cannot.

Last edited:

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo,Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
If one does not get the top of dash compass/altimeter, is there anywhere else in the whole system to see altitude?
yes you can see altitude in PCM navigation and via software in one of the "scopes" on the main dash

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan TS, GT4 (sold), Macan Turbo, Cayman SBE 987.18
Country flag
If one does not get the top of dash compass/altimeter, is there anywhere else in the whole system to see altitude?
We have had navigation in four Porsche vehicles since 2011 (2012 Cayman S Black Edition to 2020 Taycan TS). All have altitude in the PCM NAV - even the 2016 GT4.

Fun TC Driving

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
iX M60, C8 Z06
Country flag
Just got confirmation from a SA that in the Macan EV he delivered this morning, that for those choosing the Compass/Altimeter option this is what it looks like, adding that it automatically lights up, starts to read info once the ignition comes on.

Macan EV Meet the all-electric Macan EV at a Porsche Experience Center (free!) IMG_2481