• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.
Sponsored

Night Driving Experience in the Macan

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
If I remember correctly (it’s a long time since I checked the configurator) the only light show is made by the back light bar when you open and close the car (but you have to spec it).

ColdCase

First Name
Sam
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mini SE
Country flag
From what I’ve read, recently, engineers say it is more than software. The HD LED Matrix hardware will need to be changed to comply to the standard the US intends to use. Something about brightness of individual LEDs Porsche uses for their lights and color. They would have to develop HD matrix LEDs that are US compliant. I imagine retrofit would be expensive.

If the US doesn’t eventually adopt the current European std instead, the only option for enabling HD Matrix would be via a third party programer.

So, given that updating the HD Matrix to US standards may not happen, is the HD Matrix in their limited form that much better than the very good base Matrix lighting.