• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Own a Taycan - should I switch to Macan?

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Taycan GTS ST, BMW 330e, MB C-Class
Country flag
I currently own a (Jul 23) Taycan GTS ST in Mamba Green. Last week I ordered a Macan Turbo to replace it after a 20 minute test drive. Yesterday I had the Macan Turbo again, this time for two and a half hours. Ever since I've had buyer's remorse. I thought getting the Turbo would remove the feeling of "downgrading" from a Taycan GTS, but I don't think it does. The interior of the Macan doesn't feel as special, and although the Macan looks great for an SUV on the outside, it still doesn't look as good as the Taycan GTS ST, especially in Mamba Green.

I've spent the last two hours speccing up various Taycans so I have a plan to get into a Taycan in the future (maybe a GTS when it's launched). I feel better now I have a plan, so maybe I'll have the Macan for a year and enjoy it, but only because I know I will get back into a Taycan at some point.

Greenmachine

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 Range Rover, Tacoma
Country flag
I currently own a (Jul 23) Taycan GTS ST in Mamba Green. Last week I ordered a Macan Turbo to replace it after a 20 minute test drive. Yesterday I had the Macan Turbo again, this time for two and a half hours. Ever since I've had buyer's remorse. I thought getting the Turbo would remove the feeling of "downgrading" from a Taycan GTS, but I don't think it does. The interior of the Macan doesn't feel as special, and although the Macan looks great for an SUV on the outside, it still doesn't look as good as the Taycan GTS ST, especially in Mamba Green.

I've spent the last two hours speccing up various Taycans so I have a plan to get into a Taycan in the future (maybe a GTS when it's launched). I feel better now I have a plan, so maybe I'll have the Macan for a year and enjoy it, but only because I know I will get back into a Taycan at some point.
i don’t understand why you got rid of the Taycan in the first place? The ST is one of the prettiest cars you can buy. Do you need more range, more ground clearance or an easier car to get into? I can’t think of any other reason to switch.