• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Own a Taycan - should I switch to Macan?

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Taycan GTS ST, BMW 330e, MB C-Class
Country flag
I currently own a (Jul 23) Taycan GTS ST in Mamba Green. Last week I ordered a Macan Turbo to replace it after a 20 minute test drive. Yesterday I had the Macan Turbo again, this time for two and a half hours. Ever since I've had buyer's remorse. I thought getting the Turbo would remove the feeling of "downgrading" from a Taycan GTS, but I don't think it does. The interior of the Macan doesn't feel as special, and although the Macan looks great for an SUV on the outside, it still doesn't look as good as the Taycan GTS ST, especially in Mamba Green.

I've spent the last two hours speccing up various Taycans so I have a plan to get into a Taycan in the future (maybe a GTS when it's launched). I feel better now I have a plan, so maybe I'll have the Macan for a year and enjoy it, but only because I know I will get back into a Taycan at some point.

Greenmachine

First Name
Nick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT4 Range Rover, Tacoma
Country flag
I currently own a (Jul 23) Taycan GTS ST in Mamba Green. Last week I ordered a Macan Turbo to replace it after a 20 minute test drive. Yesterday I had the Macan Turbo again, this time for two and a half hours. Ever since I've had buyer's remorse. I thought getting the Turbo would remove the feeling of "downgrading" from a Taycan GTS, but I don't think it does. The interior of the Macan doesn't feel as special, and although the Macan looks great for an SUV on the outside, it still doesn't look as good as the Taycan GTS ST, especially in Mamba Green.

I've spent the last two hours speccing up various Taycans so I have a plan to get into a Taycan in the future (maybe a GTS when it's launched). I feel better now I have a plan, so maybe I'll have the Macan for a year and enjoy it, but only because I know I will get back into a Taycan at some point.
i donā€™t understand why you got rid of the Taycan in the first place? The ST is one of the prettiest cars you can buy. Do you need more range, more ground clearance or an easier car to get into? I canā€™t think of any other reason to switch.

AllanG

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2023 Porsche Macan S in Crayon
Country flag
@ Throbā€¦..I agree with @Greenmachineā€¦ā€¦.just keep your Taycan GTS, cancel the Macan Turbo and then wait until the new Taycan GTS is launched, and then compare it to your current car.

This way you wouldnā€™t loose any money on changing to a Macan Turbo, which you donā€™t really want šŸ˜

Throb

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi R8 V10, Taycan GTS ST, BMW 330e, MB C-Class
Country flag
i donā€™t understand why you got rid of the Taycan in the first place? The ST is one of the prettiest cars you can buy. Do you need more range, more ground clearance or an easier car to get into? I canā€™t think of any other reason to switch.
Because I want to own and try as many cars as I can before I peg it. There are reasons for chaning to a Macan Turbo such as that, but also it's a better car day to day for me, and also for my family. It's a no-win situation. I want to change and I don't want to change. If I do nothing I'll be always wondering "what if".

@ Throbā€¦..I agree with @Greenmachineā€¦ā€¦.just keep your Taycan GTS, cancel the Macan Turbo and then wait until the new Taycan GTS is launched, and then compare it to your current car.

This way you wouldnā€™t loose any money on changing to a Macan Turbo, which you donā€™t really want šŸ˜
I do want the Macan Turbo...just not at the expense of the Taycan GTS ST. I'm consoling myself with the fact I could get a facelift GTS in a year or so after the new one is launched.

Last edited:

fsabek

First Name
Fuwad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla model s, macan ev turbo waiting for software update at dealership
Country flag
I am waiting for a Macan turbo and honestly have been always eyeing the tycan. However coming from a model s I wanted a car that does not compromise the neck snapping acceleration I have been enjoying for the last approx three years however the tycan that has the closest and even a bit less and still affordable to me is the 4s and to have it equipped the way I like it will be close to 150-160k USD!!!! Too expensive. What I also dislike about the tycan is the rear seats and the central hand rest cupholders appearance
finally from a guy with lower back problems the tycan will be a challenge to get in and out.
so when the Macan ev came out and I found that the turbo has similar acceleration to my model s and I thought it looked nicer in the central hand rest and cup holders part maybe not as luxurious as the tycan and more room in the rear and better access and finally the most important is the price I was like thatā€™s the one!!!!
My turbo that I specced to my liking came up to 120k still very expensive but more affordable than a tycan 4s And it will be my first Porsche car ever. So very very looking forward to it!!