• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.
OP
OP
daveo4EV

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo,Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
the frunk…

Electric Macan EV PECLA Macan EV review & impressions … (Gentian Blue, Ruby Copper Metallic photos) IMG_3404

Electric Macan EV PECLA Macan EV review & impressions … (Gentian Blue, Ruby Copper Metallic photos) IMG_3405

OP
OP
daveo4EV

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
hmmm 12V battery access - hopefully we never need it…

positive (+)
Electric Macan EV PECLA Macan EV review & impressions … (Gentian Blue, Ruby Copper Metallic photos) IMG_3406

negative (-)
Electric Macan EV PECLA Macan EV review & impressions … (Gentian Blue, Ruby Copper Metallic photos) IMG_3407

OP
OP
daveo4EV

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
mmmmmnmn - GT3 RS delivery day for someone - couldn't resist…

Electric Macan EV PECLA Macan EV review & impressions … (Gentian Blue, Ruby Copper Metallic photos) IMG_3412

Electric Macan EV PECLA Macan EV review & impressions … (Gentian Blue, Ruby Copper Metallic photos) IMG_3413

OP
OP
daveo4EV

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
the fob…

Electric Macan EV PECLA Macan EV review & impressions … (Gentian Blue, Ruby Copper Metallic photos) IMG_3418

Electric Macan EV PECLA Macan EV review & impressions … (Gentian Blue, Ruby Copper Metallic photos) IMG_3419

OP
OP
daveo4EV

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
the dash and some range - but this car's been on track…

197 miles @ 74% - maths says 266 miles total range - if true this car has been driven "hard" on track then that's ok range - if this car was not driven on track ranged is less than expected - we simply don't know…

Electric Macan EV PECLA Macan EV review & impressions … (Gentian Blue, Ruby Copper Metallic photos) IMG_3420

OP
OP
daveo4EV

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
in case you missed it in my long review up top - here is the AR HUD - which based on my seeing it in person and the demo loop in the PCM I"m a big fat YES!!! for this option!

seem a major improvement vs. my 2021 Cayenne HUD

Last edited:
OP
OP
daveo4EV

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I don't think this bike will fit in the Macan trunk even with the seat down - but that's what the roof rails and/or trail hitch is for

Electric Macan EV PECLA Macan EV review & impressions … (Gentian Blue, Ruby Copper Metallic photos) IMG_3414

Electric Macan EV PECLA Macan EV review & impressions … (Gentian Blue, Ruby Copper Metallic photos) IMG_3415

OP
OP
daveo4EV

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
rear cup holders…

Electric Macan EV PECLA Macan EV review & impressions … (Gentian Blue, Ruby Copper Metallic photos) IMG_3416

OP
OP
daveo4EV

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
curb rash cameras!!!!! big win in my book

Electric Macan EV PECLA Macan EV review & impressions … (Gentian Blue, Ruby Copper Metallic photos) IMG_3422

Electric Macan EV PECLA Macan EV review & impressions … (Gentian Blue, Ruby Copper Metallic photos) IMG_3423

OP
OP
daveo4EV

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
lunch @ 917 - always wonderful!!!

Electric Macan EV PECLA Macan EV review & impressions … (Gentian Blue, Ruby Copper Metallic photos) IMG_3429

Electric Macan EV PECLA Macan EV review & impressions … (Gentian Blue, Ruby Copper Metallic photos) IMG_3430

Electric Macan EV PECLA Macan EV review & impressions … (Gentian Blue, Ruby Copper Metallic photos) IMG_3435

Electric Macan EV PECLA Macan EV review & impressions … (Gentian Blue, Ruby Copper Metallic photos) IMG_3437

waygu steak special - omg it was good!
Electric Macan EV PECLA Macan EV review & impressions … (Gentian Blue, Ruby Copper Metallic photos) IMG_3436

Last edited:
OP
OP
daveo4EV

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
rear cargo area…

Electric Macan EV PECLA Macan EV review & impressions … (Gentian Blue, Ruby Copper Metallic photos) IMG_3382

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
Thanks for all the pics and comments @daveo4EV, love it!
Also the butter shaped like a car... that's amazing. 🤣

Bummed about your confirmation on the no CarPlay support, even though I expected that to be the case.

Last edited:
OP
OP
daveo4EV

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks for all the pics and comments @daveo4EV, love it!
Also the butter shaped like a car... that's amazing. 🤣

To confirm the comment on the HUD video: CarPlay isn't supported right?
no body knew - they tried to confirm - they had never heard that BMW supports it - they got confused - they were mostly clueless - they actually said the following:

"you don't need your phone because we have CarPlay built-in. You simply log in with your AppleID and you can access all your phone data with out the phone."

this is clearly wrong
they are confusing AppleMusic streaming support (like pandora/spotify) w/Carplay support - which it's not

all the reps are "hired car guys" - mostly contract "drivers" and they attend a 1-2 day briefing with all the talking points on a vehicle…and if you exceed their talking points they either: lie, make things up, or shrug their shoulders…

I think it would be too big a deal to "hide' this feature - so that fact that no one "knew" about it - or that it could even exist means it's not supported…

we'll have to see when it comes out - but I'm 99% sure no VW/Audi/Porsche product yet supports CarPlay's existing ability to project information into a HUD if the vehicle allows it

the reps were very very confused at the concept and shows their lack of tech savvy - I'm not faulting them for it - but yeah these guys are not the ones to geek out with on tech issue :CWL:

ask them how much torque the motors have, or how it feels cresting an off camber hill - they'll explain in great details - ask them if the USB-C ports can provide 60W of power -and you get blank stares and they ask you what USB C is? and then tell you the car doesn't support USB C - when the ports are clearly physically USB C...

Fun TC Driving

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
iX M60, C8 Z06
Country flag
Dave your write up is superb!!! So appreciate all the detailed information you compiled (remembered), all your pictures and your analysis. In short your write up was as good as I hoped — and I always have high hopes for your work.

THANK YOU SO VERY MUCH!

Now I am going to slowly read every word and see if I might have and post below, any follow up questions.

Dave, you ROCK!!!