• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

PorscheManiac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW I3 - Porsche Cayenne Turbo - BMW 320e
Country flag
Agreed, I'll believe it when I see it. Having said that, you've likely seen this photo where the roof rails are neither black nor silver:

IMG_1624.png
I took this photo and I can assure you the colour of the roof rails is black (not turbonite) ! ….I can share another photo of this car from other view to confirm !
In my opinion there is no turbonite colour available for roof rails ….yet !

Electric Macan EV My test drive of Macan EV Turbo (by Taycan owner) - review impressions IMG_1620

Sideline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E450 wagon
Country flag
I took this photo and I can assure you the colour of the roof rails is black (not turbonite) ! ….I can share another photo of this car from other view to confirm !
In my opinion there is no turbonite colour available for roof rails ….yet !

IMG_1620.png
Ah, thanks for confirming. So the rails are a satin black (not glossy)? I thought I saw a more recent photo that showed gloss black roof rails. I prefer the satin black.

Fun TC Driving

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
iX M60, C8 Z06
Country flag
Not having seen one in person of course that makes me completely qualified to answer lol. However might I add this thought? That maybe for the Macan 4 since its black body trim is not glossy, that its roof rails are similarly not glossy, whereas all the factory black body cladding on a turbo is glossy, might its roof rails be glossy to match?

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
Not having seen one in person of course that makes me completely qualified to answer lol. However might I add this thought? That maybe for the Macan 4 since its black body trim is not glossy, that its roof rails are similarly not glossy, whereas all the factory black body cladding on a turbo is glossy, might its roof rails be glossy to match?
As they have the same option code, I would be surprised if that’s the case… we’ll know for sure in a few months!

Fun TC Driving

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
iX M60, C8 Z06
Country flag
Good point. What you posted about their having the same option code is convincing to me that they are all satin or all glossy. As you say we shall see which of the two it is, though hopefully sooner than a few months.

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2019 e-Tron, GMC 2500HD Duramax
Country flag
Yesterday i had the chance to test drive the macan (turbo) at the PEC Hockenheimring.
Coming from an Taycan 4S ST it was very very convincing. Many impressions after nearly two hours of driving. A very agile car with a "funny" amount of power...
Thanks for the great photos! I have a question for you.

I saw a review from a German fellow on YouTube who did a fairly comprehensive look at the Macan EV Turbo including some time on the road. One thing that he said was that he wouldn't recommend the car for someone who would use it as a daily driver or was concerned with comfort because the suspension was so firm, even in the "Normal" setting. This might be a concern since my wife would be driving the car a lot. Anyway, was that your impression? My Taycan 4S has air suspension and I find it to be quite comfortable, even in Sport Plus.

Based on your experience did you find that there was much difference in suspension harshness between the Macan EV Turbo and your Taycan, or do you think the YouTube guy was overstating things? Thanks.

Fun TC Driving

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
iX M60, C8 Z06
Country flag
Thanks Mike in CA. This question of comfort for the turbo‘s ride on 22” wheels/tires has come up in video reviews several times. As we all know, 22’ Tires have shorter sidewalls than the 21” and the 20’s; so even if all else is equal, the 22’’”s will be firmer riding. However other reviewers keep commenting how great the Turbo even with with 22” combination. These are reviewers like Kyle (OutOfSpec) who like tightly sprung cars.. Perhaps the Macan Turbo EV is suspended equivalently to a Taycan Turbo or Turbo S?

I think you are asking the right question, e.g. are those who are saying it is too stiff used to calmer daily drivers as opposed to firmly sprung sports cars. As Thomas@Autogefühl (whom I like/respect) noted, for 90% the Macan 4 is the right verson for them. Or is the Turbo with 20” wheels/tires a good decision for quite a few of us?

With my other vehicle being a C8 Z06, I will be getting as our replacement EV daily driver, a Mecan Turbo with 22”’s.

Getting a test ride for each seems to be the smart thing for those who can wait — to determine what combination would be best for them. Perhaps however the best answer for some is to wait at least until the 2025 (or maybe later) Macan 4S or GTS EV comes out, i.e., might these be for many the “Goldilocks” versions.

Mike in CA

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4S, 2019 e-Tron, GMC 2500HD Duramax
Country flag
Thanks, John, for the reply. In fact, Autogefühl had the review I was referring to.

I had not considered that the 22" wheels might have been contributing to the harshness that Thomas was describing. Personally, I would consider compromising with 21" wheels as the range efficiency might be a little better than with 22's and yet one would still get the wider tires that come with upgrading from 20's.

As you point out, a test ride is the only sure way to determine the best combination. I'm not in a big hurry so waiting for an opportunity to drive the car or even see what other models become available in a year or two is probably the way to go.

Fun TC Driving

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
iX M60, C8 Z06
Country flag
We are all starved for more testing data points/perspectives.. So glad that some are going to be driving it at the Porsche Experience center in a few weeks and sharing their perspectives with us.

OP
OP
grizzler

grizzler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan
Country flag
Thanks for the great photos! I have a question for you.

I saw a review from a German fellow on YouTube who did a fairly comprehensive look at the Macan EV Turbo including some time on the road. One thing that he said was that he wouldn't recommend the car for someone who would use it as a daily driver or was concerned with comfort because the suspension was so firm, even in the "Normal" setting. This might be a concern since my wife would be driving the car a lot. Anyway, was that your impression? My Taycan 4S has air suspension and I find it to be quite comfortable, even in Sport Plus.

Based on your experience did you find that there was much difference in suspension harshness between the Macan EV Turbo and your Taycan, or do you think the YouTube guy was overstating things? Thanks.
Saw this "Autogefühl" clip too and i can not understand it. Of course, comfort is a very subjective thing- but like you i use a taycan 4s as daily driver and i did not point out any comfort topic with the 22 or macan ev in generell. This is a little bit surprising cause i like the "non dramatic/ click bait free" clips from autogefühl. So- i didnt spend a single second overthinking the 22 inch order...
To classify my perception: I drive my taycan always in sport- suspension and engine, at the lowest setting.

Last edited: