• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Daniel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Taycan 4 CT ,Macan 4 ordered
Country flag
I was invited to presentation, unfortunately static of the Macan yesterday, in a wine estate in the south of France
Compared to my CT4, the 1st impression is the totally different aspect, even the front, and a significant height of the roof.
The Macan was volcano Gray in color, like my configuration (and my Taycan as well as my previous Macan).
I will stay on my first choice of color, after hesitating for adventurine green. A dark color will better mask the inferior plastic parts, with a cheap appearance.
I will have to get used to the appearance of a SUV again, after my magnificent Taycan .....

The interior, all leather and comfort sieges, like my Taycan and similar to my configuration exept color, is very successful, more qualitative than the Taycan.
Macan EV My test drive of Macan EV Turbo (by Taycan owner) - review impressions Avant

Macan EV My test drive of Macan EV Turbo (by Taycan owner) - review impressions Arriere

Regarding the date of delivery, "I was told" that it was completely unknown: homologation according to French-European standards is not finished, very long process because, for example, it is different for each type of wheels ...
This may be one of the reasons why deliveries in the USA will start before Europe.
I signed February 20 for delivery on November 20 but I may have it before.

OP
OP
grizzler

grizzler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
@Mrh335 : Really difficult. As written both of my Taycan did not have rear axle steering or PTV. I think if you want to go for a Taycan Turbo, propably equipped with this both features, and considering the money you have to spend for a second hand Taycan, it will be difficult for a new Macan turbo to win the comparison.
at the end: my thoughts are not repräsentative. If you prefer a M3 over a XM3 you will also prefer the non suv ;)

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo,Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
Yesterday i had the chance to test drive the macan (turbo) at the PEC Hockenheimring.
Coming from an Taycan 4S ST it was very very convincing. Many impressions after nearly two hours of driving. A very agile car with a "funny" amount of power...

only little "downer": no icegrey macan there :( But a very nice event!

Some pictures attached

IMG_5874.png
it looks like there was a Ruby Copper Red Macan in the fleet - I've not seen this color in person - can you comment on how this color looks in person and if it's more red-orange or red-purple?

thanks in advance if you have any thoughts on how this color presents in person…

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
@grizzler - also any thoughs on brake "feel" and pedal firmness? the 2020 Taycan Turbo never achieved that porsche brake "feel" that I love and had some pedal travel issues that were never fully resolved to my satisfaction…

OP
OP
grizzler

grizzler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
@grizzler - also any thoughs on brake "feel" and pedal firmness? the 2020 Taycan Turbo never achieved that porsche brake "feel" that I love and had some pedal travel issues that were never fully resolved to my satisfaction…
IMHO very close to the standard Taycan brakes i am used to….
I think there will not be a gamechanger for you.

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
IMHO very close to the standard Taycan brakes i am used to….
I think there will not be a gamechanger for you.
thanks for your feedback - interesting - I _LOVE_ the ICE Porsche brakes - so far their EV's brake feel disappoint me - couple that with their lack of willingness to provide a one-pedal driving "option" - I want the option, not required - and Porsche is disappointing me in this space....

I appreciate your time to respond on this.

Thank you.

julianm

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
718 Boxster GTS 4.0, Polestar 2
Country flag
Another impression: Important not to mix e.g. turbonite window blades with glossy black sideblades and so on. The only configfurations i did not really like....
This was also my impression when I saw the Macan Turbo at the NY Auto Show.
Turbonite doesn't work well with high gloss black - appreciate the confirmation!
Ugh this is frustrating to hear because I want the roof rails but I also want Turbonite accents.

Sideline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E450 wagon
Country flag
Ugh this is frustrating to hear because I want the roof rails but I also want Turbonite accents.
So here's a quirk in the Configurator: select the roof rails in aluminum, then deselect the aluminum window trim. You end up with Turbonite roof rails along with your other Turbonite trim:

Macan EV My test drive of Macan EV Turbo (by Taycan owner) - review impressions Turbonite

julianm

First Name
Julian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
718 Boxster GTS 4.0, Polestar 2
Country flag
So here's a quirk in the Configurator: select the roof rails in aluminum, then deselect the aluminum window trim. You end up with Turbonite roof rails along with your other Turbonite trim:
I saw this elsewhere, but until we see a vehicle with Turbonite roof rails I’m not convinced it actually results in getting shipped a vehicle that looks that way.

Sideline

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E450 wagon
Country flag
Agreed, I'll believe it when I see it. Having said that, you've likely seen this photo where the roof rails are neither black nor silver:

Macan EV My test drive of Macan EV Turbo (by Taycan owner) - review impressions IMG_1624

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
I saw this elsewhere, but until we see a vehicle with Turbonite roof rails I’m not convinced it actually results in getting shipped a vehicle that looks that way.
Alas it is just a fluke with the configurator.
The silver roof rails are coded 3S1 whereas the black ones are 3S2.

Removing the window trim in either silver or black also removes the roof rails as can be confirmed in the Summary… even if they weirdly remain visible on the car In what looks like Turbonite.

OP
OP
grizzler

grizzler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan
Country flag
it looks like there was a Ruby Copper Red Macan in the fleet - I've not seen this color in person - can you comment on how this color looks in person and if it's more red-orange or red-purple?

thanks in advance if you have any thoughts on how this color presents in person…
Not my First choice but if you like it. With a lot of light the red came out, in the shadow it was hard to see.

i was surprised that there was nothing like white, icegrey or dolomite Silver.