• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Play / Pause Music Button?

yad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Velar, Macan Turbo
Country flag
Recently received delivery on an Ice Gray Turbo -- phenomenal car. (Was worried the Ice Gray would be too white based on pictures but it's really a very unique color that has to be seen in person)

Everything going great so far except for the life of me cannot figure out a way to quickly play/pause music (whether from CarPlay or just Bluetooth). There is no designated button on the steering wheel, pushing into the volume scroller on the steering wheel just mutes the music, clicking the volume knob on the center console also just mutes the music, and the customizable diamond button has no option for play/pause!

Honestly very frustrating on a Porsche considering every car I've had for the past 10 years has somehow been able to quickly play/pause music without having to directly interface with the infotainment.

Sahajesh

First Name
Sahajesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX3
Country flag
Based on the manual, you need to go on the Media screen (or CarPlay) to do this. No shortcut, that’s the only way.

https://manual.porsche.com/#/wpi/XA..._US/topic/id/b04efba8508d098e8d24c0b30944b379

Of note, the last 3 cars I had also didn’t have a shortcut for this.
That’s odd - I’ve not had the same experience at all with BMW - push the button and it does play/pause.

Weird how something as simple and useful as that is buried in the menu.

RunningOnSolar

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4 (orderd), Subaru Solterra, Crosstrek,
Country flag
Recently received delivery on an Ice Gray Turbo -- phenomenal car. (Was worried the Ice Gray would be too white based on pictures but it's really a very unique color that has to be seen in person)

Everything going great so far except for the life of me cannot figure out a way to quickly play/pause music (whether from CarPlay or just Bluetooth). There is no designated button on the steering wheel, pushing into the volume scroller on the steering wheel just mutes the music, clicking the volume knob on the center console also just mutes the music, and the customizable diamond button has no option for play/pause!

Honestly very frustrating on a Porsche considering every car I've had for the past 10 years has somehow been able to quickly play/pause music without having to directly interface with the infotainment.
(Edited) Good news. Tap the left knurled button on the steering wheel and it does a mute but also pauses. A unmute picks up where it left off. I tried it on my car and it worked great.

BTW a long press of the same button toggles HUD on and off

Electric Macan EV Play / Pause Music Button? IMG_1474

Last edited:
OP
OP

yad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Range Rover Velar, Macan Turbo
Country flag
Good news. Tap the left knurled button on the steering wheel and it does a play/pause I tried it on my car and it worked great.

BTW a long press of the same button does a mute and also toggles HUD on and off

IMG_1474.jpeg
Huh. Just tried again on my car and clicking in that button just mutes the music, not play/pause. Maybe there’s something buried in the settings or it’s because I’m using wireless CarPlay 🤔

RunningOnSolar

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4 (orderd), Subaru Solterra, Crosstrek,
Country flag
Huh. Just tried again on my car and clicking in that button just mutes the music, not play/pause. Maybe there’s something buried in the settings or it’s because I’m using wireless CarPlay 🤔
OK. It does mute, but also pauses the song. I think that’s what you’re looking for essentially. When you press again it seems to pick up where I left off. Mute is what it is called in the manual. It may also be that sources like radio don’t pause, but CarPlay does.

Long press is HUD toggle. Apologies for any confusion.

Last edited:

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
Unfortunately I tried and in my Macan 4 with Spotify (on Apple Carplay or the standalone app downloaded in the car) the button only mute the song and it still plays but with no sound (seconds increse/descrese). There should be some setting to check.

Reactions: yad