• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Production Week?

First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4 (orderd), Subaru Solterra, Crosstrek,
Country flag
Macan 4

Ordered March 23.
Freeze Date June 17.
Delivery estimate September 20.

I noticed several in the forum expecting production the week of August 18 (one on August 21). Has anyone received confirmation of production start?

Congrats BTW if you have a Macan already built!

Last edited:

tonyadduci

First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
porsche macan gts
Country flag
Cars are already at port, released to dealers second week of September for us early builds. Turbo enroute.

shawn

First Name
shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Model Y, Model 3, XC 40
Country flag
How do you know that? Is there a tracking application available. If so do you have to get an email from Porsche with an access link?

OP
OP
RunningOnSolar
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
How do you know that? Is there a tracking application available. If so do you have to get an email from Porsche with an access link?
Good question. Porsche Taycan orders get Track Your Dream which provides over a dozen milestone updates. The Macan Electric is apparently not eligible for TYD. I confirmed this with my SA and an email reply from Porsche North America. You are apparently notified when your order goes into production. I hope @tonyadduci provides more details beyond this.

tonyadduci

First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
porsche macan gts
Country flag
TYD isn't working on the EV's as they were pending EPA approval (which they got). I suspect they won't work at all until EPA approval is completed. The dealer has a date list showing all of the milestones which my dealer shared with me. Car went into production (as most of the turbo's).... in mid June, 2 weeks on water and now car should be at port in Baltimore pending release to car carrier/EPA formal approval.

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
The SA can easily provide you with the full build schedule - I asked for mine when I signed the purchase order (twice 🙃).

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla M3 LR '21 - Macan 4 expected arrival 20/9/24
Country flag
From my SA:
- car enter production line 08/22
- car exit production line 08/28
- car delivered to dealer 09/18
Macan 4

OP
OP
RunningOnSolar
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Thanks all for the info. I would not have checked otherwise. To my surprise, I got confirmation that my car is in production this morning!!: “The car just went into production on the 14th! I’ll let you know when we have any updates!”

Last edited:

shawn

First Name
shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Model Y, Model 3, XC 40
Country flag
From my SA:
- car enter production line 08/22
- car exit production line 08/28
- car delivered to dealer 09/18
Macan 4
My dealer would only commit to the first two points because they said they have no control over elements of the last leg. Basically the arrival to Halifax port is defined but they are noncommittal after that except they estimate sometime in October.

Senna

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi SQ7, A4
Country flag
Last Friday (08/16), I asked the sales associate for an update. He informed me that the estimated arrival date is still 09/20, and the current status is V300. The status has been V300 since 07/13. He mentioned that it will remain V300 until the car arrives at the dealership, at which point it will switch to V900. This differs slightly from the "Order Tracking Guide," which indicates that the status should change between V300 and V900. I ordered the Macan EV 4 on 03/21/2024.

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
Last Friday (08/16), I asked the sales associate for an update. He informed me that the estimated arrival date is still 09/20, and the current status is V300. The status has been V300 since 07/13. He mentioned that it will remain V300 until the car arrives at the dealership, at which point it will switch to V900. This differs slightly from the "Order Tracking Guide," which indicates that the status should change between V300 and V900. I ordered the Macan EV 4 on 03/21/2024.
That is odd. Maybe they just don’t want to be bothered with more frequent update requests? 🤔

Yves

First Name
Yves
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX / Audi Q7
Country flag
Hmm, had no news since begin summer, my car was planned 20/9 now it is according to my SA bumped to 20/10 🤷‍♂️

Jurgen54

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4 EV
Country flag
Macan 4

Ordered March 23.
Freeze Date June 17.
Delivery estimate September 20.

I noticed several in the forum expecting production the week of August 18 (one on August 21). Has anyone received confirmation of production start?

Congrats BTW if you have a Macan already built!
I've heard nothing from my sales associate since I ordered my car, so I reached out this week to find out when the "freeze" will be. He informed me that my car was built and is now in line to be put on a ship, with an estimate Oct 6 delivery. Glad to hear so many of you had better communication!

OP
OP
RunningOnSolar
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I've heard nothing from my sales associate since I ordered my car, so I reached out this week to find out when the "freeze" will be. He informed me that my car was built and is now in line to be put on a ship, with an estimate Oct 6 delivery. Glad to hear so many of you had better communication!
Glad to hear cars are being completed and congrats for your progress. Did you find out your start and end of production dates? Mine started production, but no word on completion. Also, your shipping time seems long. East or West coast landfall?

OP
OP
RunningOnSolar
First Name
Scott
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
After 15 days in production, my car has moved to the port for shipment. I now have the car’s VIN and am able to add it to the MyPorsche app.
A few discoveries about the process might be helpful to the community:
1. Use the website rather than the app for initial setup. I was unable to associate myself with the VIN without further documentation in the app. However the website succeeded after sending a text to my phone
2. After adding the car successfully, I was able to see details and download the owner’s manual.
3.The owners manual text is available, but videos are not (with the exception of the first few). Most videos are “dummy videos”
4. Accurate pictures are available, but they are the same as those in the configurator.

Nonetheless this is huge progress. Good luck to everyone still awaiting production or end of production.