• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

wmras

First Name
Bill
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Macan Turbo Electric, 2020 Taycan TS, 2012 Cayman SBE 987.18
Country flag
will this be your first road trip with an EV?
No, but first one over 2,000 miles. We have made many EV trips to challenging eastern Oregon and Washington via back roads. Longest trip so far has been PDX to LAX and back via coast and I-5. Santa Barbara, Sonoma, and Napa have been multiple runs from Portland.

Suggestions?

OP
OP
daveo4EV

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo,Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
No, but first one over 2,000 miles. We have made many EV trips to challenging eastern Oregon and Washington via back roads. Longest trip so far has been PDX to LAX and back via coast and I-5. Santa Barbara, Sonoma, and Napa have been multiple runs from Portland.

Suggestions?
wow both you and I are doing Road trips from Atlanta for our Macan EV pick ups!! I also lack an PECATL delivery appointment - we'll have to see what they provide!

n4v4nod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Macan 4, 2024 Spyder RS, 2020 Revel Sprinter, 2022 Cranchi E26 Classic
Country flag
Apple CarPlay reason makes sense... USA is EPA certified, but does not have the needed CARB Executive Order yet, which is required before Porsche sells anywhere stateside. My Macan 4 has been at Benicia, CA since mid July. My dealer is saying mine will arrive the same time as the 5 demos they are getting.

bogomya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes EQS
Country flag
So, what do we know so far:
  1. The first car manufacturers to receive next-gen CarPlay will be Porsche and Aston Martin.
  2. Apple states that the first cars with next-gen CarPlay support will be released in 2024.
  3. Apple presentation (that will include new iOS) is scheduled for September 9th.
  4. Macan EV is expected to receive a "software update," and vehicle deliveries have been pushed to after September 20th.
Coincidence? We'll find out soon.

Electric Macan EV Confirmed 2025 Macan EV delivery date? Has anyone heard? 1724774365527-x8

OP
OP
daveo4EV

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
So, what do we know so far:
  1. The first car manufacturers to receive next-gen CarPlay will be Porsche and Aston Martin.
  2. Apple states that the first cars with next-gen CarPlay support will be released in 2024.
  3. Apple presentation (that will include new iOS) is scheduled for September 9th.
  4. Macan EV is expected to receive a "software update," and vehicle deliveries have been pushed to after September 20th.
Coincidence? We'll find out soon.

1724774365527-x8.jpg
I'm dubious and feel you are reaching!

but I'm honestly and truly rooting for this theory to be true!! I would be deeply excited if this proved to be the outcome - I'm just not ready to be personally disappointed if this doesn't pan out…

so I'm calling full 100% BS on your stupid no good crappy pie in the sky theory that is with out merit and clearly wrong!!! :devil::mad:

but secretly rooting for you to be right and then you can call me "stupid" and say "see I told you so" to the whole internet…:rock::cool::involve::clap:

DuckMan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
X5 40i, TRD Taco, K1200RS. past: M5, M3, 135i S2.
Country flag
Our Macan Turbo Electric arrived at Jacksonville Port on August 10, 2024, and completed the "Quality action" clearance by August 12, 2024. Like many others in the US, it is set to leave the port for delivery to the dealer (PECATL) on September 17, 2024. The drive from Jacksonville, Florida to Atlanta is brief, aligning with the "unstated" global release date of September 20, 2024.

We've been in regular contact with a New Vehicle Delivery Coordinator in Atlanta. He has yet to provide a delivery date, stating that they need the EPA range data and the Monroney window sticker before they can do so. While this may be accurate, a software update could also be contributing to the delay.

Our frustration stems from planning a 4,000-mile road trip with our new Macan Turbo Electric from Atlanta to Maine, visiting family and friends along the way, then on to Niagara Falls, Mount Rushmore, Crazy Horse, Devils Tower, Yellowstone, and back home near Portland, Oregon. We are adept at impromptu road trips across the US and Europe, but we would prefer more than just a few days' notice for delivery. We hope to take delivery on September 20 to sidestep the harsh winter weather (we are in our 80s) and to synchronize our visits with relatives and friends.
Reads like fuel for an AC/DC song. Best of luck on timely delivery and great road trip.

Yves

First Name
Yves
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX / Audi Q7
Country flag
My Macan Turbo was stated to be delivered 20 September, but it got pushed back to 20 October … wonder who cut in front of me 😂

Jurgen54

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4 EV
Country flag
I've been told my car is in queue to be loaded on a ship, with an ETA of October 6. My sales person said he'll know more when it arrives at port in San Diego. Is it typical to ship to San Diego for west coast deliveries?? I know nothing about logistics, I'm just curious...

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
I've been told my car is in queue to be loaded on a ship, with an ETA of October 6. My sales person said he'll know more when it arrives at port in San Diego. Is it typical to ship to San Diego for west coast deliveries?? I know nothing about logistics, I'm just curious...
Yes.

OP
OP
daveo4EV

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
West cost deliveries can typically happen in 4 places - but honestly VW/Audi/Porsche can dump the vehicle anywhere on the North American continent and ship it from there…by rail/truck
  • San Diego
  • Los Angeles/Long Beach
  • Oxnard
  • Benicia
the two most common are San Diego/Benicia - but world wide shipping logistics are fluid and painful to watch in real time - I know because I've tracked a few Porsche's and a few delivers over the 3-6 weeks it can take to get from Germany to West Coast

NOTE: during the Pandemic my 2020 Taycan which was delivered to me in July of 2020 at San Jose Porsche dealership was delivered to Houston, TX port and shipped from there…

as noted - world wide shipping logistics are fluid and painful to watch in real time - YMMV

grizzler

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan
Country flag
Turbo…
Another delay and i have to think about Winter tyres and approved for my Taycan. Not that funny….

tonyadduci

First Name
tony
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
porsche macan gts
Country flag
Question: are all of the deliveries in Sept of 2024 going to be 2025 models?