• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

nulled

First Name
Dimo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
my car will arrive at the dealership between September 15th and 20th, so they told me yesterday...
Seven months of waiting and these will be the longest days ever :computerrage:
Same thing... I'll be abroad so the temptation will be less 😅 She mentioned some extra time needed so it might be that software update ...

snb7x

First Name
Bertie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Porsche Macan S, Z4 3.0i Conv, VW Golf & Taycan Turbo (awaited)
Country flag
are we really hearing about another delay - Oct 20th?
my wife’s Macan (ordered end Jan and confirmed as built and parked up Leipzig from mid June was scheduled for mid Sept delivery and it will now be Nov … dealer says their demos will be late Sept and into mid Oct - all scope for demos on road before mid Oct seem to be strictly on hold (sneak peak at back of dealership but not showroom display!) - sounds more than a 2hr software update that they’re claiming IMO!

snb7x

First Name
Bertie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
my car will arrive at the dealership between September 15th and 20th, so they told me yesterday...
Seven months of waiting and these will be the longest days ever :computerrage:
I hope you’re right - but I’ll be surprised - our car, built from mid June and parked up in a compound is delayed from mid Sept to early Nov (as per dealer advice today 3/9/24)

mikeright

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW
Country flag
Dealers have to apply a “campaign” before delivering the first units. They hope and expect that this campaign will be applied directly from the factory in the future to save time, but they have no confirmation yet that this will be the case.

nulled

First Name
Dimo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
Interesting. I just got a VIN and they told me that yesterday the car went into production. Are yours already built but delayed?!

gianteli

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
As of this morning, my car is in Emden and due for delivery "later in September". The dealer has not been cleared to start registering cars yet. This is for EU delivery.

nulled

First Name
Dimo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I was told it's due to the ugly software update... My dealer told me the update is scheduled for the 9th, so it should be before delivery.

snb7x

First Name
Bertie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Interesting. I just got a VIN and they told me that yesterday the car went into production. Are yours already built but delayed?!
yeah - built in May / June and parked up in Leipzig compound held back because Porsche didn’t want Macan release & demos in showrooms before September after which delivery of orders can commence - and then this latest saga under title of “2 hour software upgrade needed” … you can imagine the backlog (& cost to defer this to dealership for upgrade) 🤷‍♂️ meanwhile Year 2025 cars will be produced and potentially supplied before Year 2024 cars made in May/June/July require software update!

SteveY

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
981 Boxter Macan 4 EV (on order)
Country flag
I received a text from my Porsche dealer in Fresno CA letting me know that my Macan 4 should arrive 'on or about' September 17th. Two weeks from today!

snb7x

First Name
Bertie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
As of this morning, my car is in Emden and due for delivery "later in September". The dealer has not been cleared to start registering cars yet. This is for EU delivery.
yeah it’s called a “Stop Sale” pushed down on dealers by Porsche - rumours it won’t change until October!

Senna

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi SQ7, A4
Country flag
I received this e-mail today.

Macan EV Confirmed 2025 Macan EV delivery date? Has anyone heard? 1725382772232-f3

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
Yes, the Nov delay is defin
I received this e-mail today.

1725382772232-f3.jpg
Technically, even if they postpone it until January, it will still be “weeks away”.

Heck, they could even say “hours away”… they didn’t specify how many thousands of hours it’ll take. 😅

Senna

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi SQ7, A4
Country flag
Yes, the Nov delay is defin

Technically, even if they postpone it until January, it will still be “weeks away”.

Heck, they could even say “hours away”… they didn’t specify how many thousands of hours it’ll take. 😅
If they behave this way, it might be time to request my deposit back after six months of waiting. I’ll find out this Friday.

krissrock

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi TT Roadster, Ducati Panigale, Cheverolet Trailblazer, Kia Sportage Hybrid
Country flag
Hello All. I was just at my local dealership on friday. Although I don't have one on order yet, he told me that their initial allotment is already at the port. They list them as available in October on their website. Plus, they're having a MacanEV showing even the 2nd week of October... So it's sounding like October for the mid-atlantic region at least