• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

How to reset your Macan EV -- hold volume button for 30 seconds

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
This is something I am trying to understand from the manual since it’s so easy to “soft reset” the car in my Tesla and I hope it’s the same with the Macan. For the moment no clue…

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
GTS ST, Macan T (EV upgrade a tempter!)
Country flag
I'd be hoping there is no need to reset (other than power off / on) - we've all beta tested the Taycan for Porsche and one can only hope that they've built a more stable software stack for the Macan EV now that we're 4 - 5 years in (including the "1,000,000" miles of testing claimed).

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Coupé Hybrid / 21 Taycan 4s perf.batt.plus
Country flag
@W1NGE

this is the absolute truth: I took a leap of faith in staying with Porsche electric cars, despite the thousand anger towards the unstable software of my Taycan,... after a few years the car is finally reliable and I hope not to repeat the experience from Beta testing

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
Well, I think that Tesla has the best software at the moment and, even if it's the best, from time to time, you have to reset the car (as you do with your phone or PC). I don't think that Porsche has a better software, at the moment (yes I hope that at this price they can do something better...) so I'm quite sure we have to understand how to reset the car!

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
Well I don't think that there could be something "major" about the car; I think that it's something about the infotainment. Every sales agent or Porsche man I spoke with told me that the prototypes have a slower and older infotainment system that has been upgraded in the production cars (even if, as I have already wrote, it was quite impressive when I tested both times I had the pleasure to sit inside the car and faster than the one in my Tesla M3 - older model not the Highland that has a new system).

krissrock

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi TT Roadster, Ducati Panigale, Cheverolet Trailblazer, Kia Sportage Hybrid
Country flag
@W1NGE

this is the absolute truth: I took a leap of faith in staying with Porsche electric cars, despite the thousand anger towards the unstable software of my Taycan,... after a few years the car is finally reliable and I hope not to repeat the experience from Beta testing
interesting. I'm not lookin to order mine till maybe december, so hopefully any issues with the car will be exposed by then. But I'm pretty confident that porsche wouldn't put out a half baked product. I was initially interested in the Lyriq, but that reddit is flooded with nothing but problems... It's cadillac's first electric though... this isn't porsche's first rodeo, and I have faith in their quality.

But as you say this, now i want to look up the common Taycan issues

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne Coupé Hybrid / 21 Taycan 4s perf.batt.plus
Country flag
maybe it's like Taycan,...two fingers in the top right corner of the monitor and the machine re-boots

Sahajesh

First Name
Sahajesh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX3
Country flag
Volume button for 30 seconds is the same as BMW iDrive.

Senna

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi SQ7, Macan 4
Country flag
maybe it's like Taycan,...two fingers in the top right corner of the monitor and the machine re-boots
That's interesting—it's the same method used to reset the infotainment system in current Audi models. Perhaps they've standardized it across the entire VW group.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Well, I think that Tesla has the best software at the moment and, even if it's the best, from time to time, you have to reset the car (as you do with your phone or PC). I don't think that Porsche has a better software, at the moment (yes I hope that at this price they can do something better...) so I'm quite sure we have to understand how to reset the car!
Perhaps but I've never had to manually reset either of my Taycans in 4 years - never done the engineering reset, pulled a fuse or 12v shimmy.

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
In 3 years I’ve done something like 40 software update. After every software the car reset itself (let’s call this “hard reset”) to be sure everything is loaded correctly. But from time to time the infotainment system needed a soft reset for: no Bluetooth audio stream, Spotify doesn’t load the correct account, internal lights don’t turn on when you open the car, and other things like these. No problem with the battery or charge system or motors. Thanks for sharing your experience @W1NGE I’m very happy to read it and more confident that after the Taycan experience now Porsche has a strong system. (And thanks to all the Taycan users who beta tested all these). You can like the electrification of the automotive sector or not but it’s an innovation for sure and as anything new has some pro and cons.

W1NGE

First Name
Adrian
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
interesting. I'm not lookin to order mine till maybe december, so hopefully any issues with the car will be exposed by then. But I'm pretty confident that porsche wouldn't put out a half baked product. I was initially interested in the Lyriq, but that reddit is flooded with nothing but problems... It's cadillac's first electric though... this isn't porsche's first rodeo, and I have faith in their quality.

But as you say this, now i want to look up the common Taycan issues
...well they did with the Taycan in 2020 and still up to MY24 (J1) there are gremlins. J2 - too early to say.

Macan EV is built on Android Auto (I believe) which is arguably a better starting point making it different to the Taycan.

Porsche now has inherited VW quality - variable at best and I would honestly be under no illusion otherwise. What they do have is gold plated rock solid warranty (you'll need it) and so apart from an inconvenience here or there you will encounter the odd issue which will be treated without drama and for free.