• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

nulled

First Name
Dimo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
I see tons of people taking deliveries on the Facebook groups. I am a bit confused with all the software delays. I also have the electric charging cover and I am still supposed to take delivery in a week. Still haven’t been informed of any delays due to software or sensors.

Senna

First Name
Leo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi SQ7, A4
Country flag
I heard the same thing—my SA mentioned today that there are issues with the update. My Macan 4 has a Power Charge Port Cover.

krissrock

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi TT Roadster, Ducati Panigale, Cheverolet Trailblazer, Kia Sportage Hybrid
Country flag
mine is willing to give me less than MSRP. But hardly anything... my 4S build was 100k and they weren't even trying to give me a 2k discount... That's when the L word started being thrown around...

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
mine is willing to give me less than MSRP. But hardly anything... my 4S build was 100k and they weren't even trying to give me a 2k discount... That's when the L word started being thrown around...
Lover? Loser? Lamborghini? Lexus? Lollipop? Lava?? 😳

krissrock

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi TT Roadster, Ducati Panigale, Cheverolet Trailblazer, Kia Sportage Hybrid
Country flag
Lover? Loser? Lamborghini? Lexus? Lollipop? Lava?? 😳
Lease lol
they wanted to get me that 7500 discount so i'd get even more options and get the car to the range i was trying to get them too
my SA told me that the dealers get ratings on how much able to option out the vehicles

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
Lease lol
they wanted to get me that 7500 discount so i'd get even more options and get the car to the range i was trying to get them too
my SA told me that the dealers get ratings on how much able to option out the vehicles
Right, get a lease and the $7.5k incentive, lower the monthly payment but end up paying way more than just buying (if cash).

Well oiled cash machine for Porsche. 😒

OP
OP

FirstEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan EV
Country flag
from my SA
clarification I was just in the back there so that first handover process was done to your car , then Porsche said hold off with the rest of the steps. They identified need for different version. we started to get some of those versions last night for each step to customer delivery. so we hope to have all tomorrow. Can’t start without ALL OF THEM RECEIVED. Then we can proceed.
Well, then that’s maybe the reason why MY SA said that two cars have been stuck in the back for 4-5 days without any movement. Hopefully this is global and they start pushing it out by today.

cottony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
tesla
Country flag
I'm slated for delivery @ PECATL (USA) - car is on the ground in North America (Jacksonville I'm told) - PECATL is unable to provide a delivery appointment time frame due to "pending updates" for my Vehicle - no specifics were shared - my vehicle is supposed to be a 2024 Macan Turbo…

original plan was for me to pick it up @ PECATL and road trip it home to California SF bay area - however I've informed my Dealer that as we get deeper into Fall/early-winter that plan is less interesting to me - I'm told PECATL/PCNA is "aware" of my concern…

I have no further facts/data at this time…original message include below as of Sept. 23rd…
as this will be my first porsche, im curious if porsche being "aware of your concern" is code for "stop complaining" or do they generally go above and beyond in customer service?

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo,Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
as this will be my first porsche, im curious if porsche being "aware of your concern" is code for "stop complaining" or do they generally go above and beyond in customer service?
all of the above - I feel they understand if they delay too far we may have to arrange delivery in california (where I live) - Porsche customer service tends to be better than most but can still disappoint - like most things in life YMMV

OP
OP

FirstEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan EV
Country flag
I noticed that you’re from Sweden, have you received your car yet?

byebye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan
Country flag
Keep cool with those delays: official start selling date was 5 days ago. I do prefer they carry out what they have to do before delivery, than after.
“If” those delays are able to mitigate future problems, I’m all in.

OP
OP

FirstEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan EV
Country flag
Keep cool with those delays: official start selling date was 5 days ago. I do prefer they carry out what they have to do before delivery, than after.
“If” those delays are able to mitigate future problems, I’m all in.
I totally agree with you, actually. I’ve heard many different AC-issues etc as well that might be connected. This is might first EV as well so I really don’t want to get any issues.