• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

XPEL Ultimate PPF Install

n4v4nod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Macan 4, 2024 Spyder RS
Country flag
Mine is in for XPEL Ultimate PPF install as I type:
  • Front Bumper
  • Hood
  • Lights
  • Fenders
  • Mirrors
  • Door Edges
  • Door Handle Cups
  • Lower Doors
  • Door Blades
  • Inner Door Sills
  • Rear Bumper
Picking it up EOD tomorrow.
  • Macan EV XPEL Ultimate PPF Install Screenshot 2024-09-26 at 4.52.37 PM

Last edited:
OP
OP
n4v4nod

n4v4nod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
How much are they charging you for it?
I don't have the total yet. I added a few things last minute. My installer isn't typically the cheapest, but he's the best when it comes to detail and craftsmanship. I've learned over the years that you don't skimp on PPF installers. Budget prices are typically given for a reason. "You get what you pay". Always asked to see examples of work. I've had previous installers cut the paint with razors, high abrasion areas exposed, bubbles, lifting edges, stretch marks, relief seams, debris caught under the film. It's a skill that not everyone has. My installer is the preferred local new Ferrari's PPF installer. He also use to work at a body shop, so he knows how everything is put together.

Great_Cookie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nil - Macan 4 EV (Sept '24 Production)
Country flag
Congrats! Whilst waiting for delivery, I’ve also committed to a full car PPF (Xpel Ultimate as well!)… Totally agree on your point on workmanship being the differentiating factor.

Will be the first vehicle I’ve owned to have PPF (usually just ceramic coat) but can’t wait for delivery - my installer has mentioned they’ll take ~4 days to complete - I tell you that’ll be an agonising wait (tot to mention stress on removing trim on a brand new vehicle just to do the PPF!)

Please let us know how yours turns out! At least I’ll have some base reference pictures as well.

Jeev

First Name
R
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
Do I understand correctly that you’re also applying to the matte/plastic lower trims and wheel arches?

I want to vinyl wrap my Macan 4 (expected in October), but many people tell that the non-painted (plastic) areas cannot be wrapped

OP
OP
n4v4nod

n4v4nod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Do I understand correctly that you’re also applying to the matte/plastic lower trims and wheel arches?

I want to vinyl wrap my Macan 4 (expected in October), but many people tell that the non-painted (plastic) areas cannot be wrapped
No, you can't apply PPF to the textured plastic trim on the Macan 4.

shawn

First Name
shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Model Y, Model 3, XC 40
Country flag
Congrats! Whilst waiting for delivery, I’ve also committed to a full car PPF (Xpel Ultimate as well!)… Totally agree on your point on workmanship being the differentiating factor.

Will be the first vehicle I’ve owned to have PPF (usually just ceramic coat) but can’t wait for delivery - my installer has mentioned they’ll take ~4 days to complete - I tell you that’ll be an agonising wait (tot to mention stress on removing trim on a brand new vehicle just to do the PPF!)

Please let us know how yours turns out! At least I’ll have some base reference pictures as well.
The new Xpel product has ceramic built into it now which is an improvement over their products from the past

Great_Cookie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Nil - Macan 4 EV (Sept '24 Production)
Country flag
Would have loved to get my hands on the Xpel Fusion PPF - but isn’t available in my market (Malaysia) - only have the Ultimate Plus range available - so probably will have to do a ceramic coat on top of that (Xpel Fusion or other).

The new Xpel product has ceramic built into it now which is an improvement over their products from the past