• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Charging using Tesla home charger with an adapter

fsabek

First Name
Fuwad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla model s, macan ev turbo waiting for software update at dealership
Country flag
I am planning on using my Tesla home charger with an adapter recommended by Porsche dealer to charge my turbo that I am waiting on. I read on Facebook of a similar situation where they had problems with charger over heating and disconnecting. Has anyone who took delivery of their Macan ev and using Tesla home charger with adapter have issue? I would like to know before I take delivery of my car.

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
Unfortunately I can't tell you about the Tesla home charger but I use a third party charger (7.4 kWh) and I have no problems. Maybe could this be related to the adapter? I read somewhere of a US Macan owner in a situation similar to yours who doesn't have any problem but I can't remember if it was here or on FB.

fubar.droid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
By Tesla home charger, are you referring to Tesla Universal Connector? I hope not because that's what I got installed but haven't had a chance to use it yet.

Wawando

First Name
Filipe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan CT GTS, 992 4s Cab, Macan EV Turbo ordered
Country flag
From personal daily use I can confirm that the Tesla home charger works perfectly with Macan EV, Taycan, Mercedes hybrid, bmw hybrid, vw EV.

OP
OP

fsabek

First Name
Fuwad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
By Tesla home charger, are you referring to Tesla Universal Connector? I hope not because that's what I got installed but haven't had a chance to use it yet.
No the Tesla home wall charger

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo,Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag
No the Tesla home wall charger
should work fine with proper and well built adapter

one might consider swapping for a Tesla Universal Wall Charger (J-1772 & NACS) for maximum future proof - but it's entirely un-necessary - but the TUWC does come with a slick/built-in low-profile J-1772 adapter - but again swapping is un-necessary but the built-in adapter is super slick.

I'm using 3 of the TUWC's each with max 48 amp charge rate (60 amp breaker) sharing a total of 80 amps of charging capacity (100 amp breaker) - so I can charge 3 EV's at once with split load charging.

OP
OP

fsabek

First Name
Fuwad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
should work fine with proper and well built adapter

one might consider swapping for a Tesla Universal Wall Charger (J-1772 & NACS) for maximum future proof - but it's entirely un-necessary - but the TUWC does come with a slick/built-in low-profile J-1772 adapter - but again swapping is un-necessary but the built-in adapter is super slick.

I'm using 3 of the TUWC's each with max 48 amp charge rate (60 amp breaker) sharing a total of 80 amps of charging capacity (100 amp breaker) - so I can charge 3 EV's at once with split load charging.
That’s the one the dealer recommended
Electric Macan EV Charging using Tesla home charger with an adapter IMG_1753

daveo4EV

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo,Cayenne Hybrid, 911(s) GT3/Convertable
Country flag