• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Charging using Tesla home charger with an adapter

fsabek

First Name
Fuwad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla model s, macan ev turbo waiting for software update at dealership
Country flag
I am planning on using my Tesla home charger with an adapter recommended by Porsche dealer to charge my turbo that I am waiting on. I read on Facebook of a similar situation where they had problems with charger over heating and disconnecting. Has anyone who took delivery of their Macan ev and using Tesla home charger with adapter have issue? I would like to know before I take delivery of my car.

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
Unfortunately I can't tell you about the Tesla home charger but I use a third party charger (7.4 kWh) and I have no problems. Maybe could this be related to the adapter? I read somewhere of a US Macan owner in a situation similar to yours who doesn't have any problem but I can't remember if it was here or on FB.

fubar.droid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
By Tesla home charger, are you referring to Tesla Universal Connector? I hope not because that's what I got installed but haven't had a chance to use it yet.