• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.
OP
OP
Fun TC Driving

Fun TC Driving

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
iX M60, C8 Z06
Country flag
Nice that they got one run of just 3.5 seconds 0-60 for the 4s.

C&D said:
The 4S is noticeably quicker, given its additional 154 ponies. In fact, based on Porsche claims, it's nearly as quick as the gas GTS in acceleration—we clocked a run to 60 in 3.5 seconds for that model.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Nice that they got one run of just 3.5 seconds 0-60 for the 4s.
They're saying they got 3.5 in the ICE Macan GTS.

Also funny Drew Dorian of C&D earlier said " The steering is quick and feels natural" and in this article Csaba Csere of C&D says "electric power steering calibration is not Porsche's best effort. This car was equipped with optional rear-wheel steering, and while it's easy to position the car accurately, the strong self-centering action feels decidedly unnatural."

C&D writers are all over the place with bias, pretty funny. Csere mostly writes about vintage cars, Dorian modern cars. As a rule as soon as a reviewer says "electric power steering" I take everything else with a lot of salt. You mean the thing all modern cars use?

Last edited:

bbmertz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Tesla Y, Ford F-150
Country flag
I guess the EPA range estimates have been released for the 2025 4S and RWD Macan EVs since most of these reviews report a range of 288 for the 4S and 315 for the RWD. The 4S range is disappointing since I assumed that it would be in between the 4 and the turbo at 298 miles rather than the same as the turbo at 288.

Andre

First Name
Andre
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Bwm ix50
Country flag
I guess the EPA range estimates have been released for the 2025 4S and RWD Macan EVs since most of these reviews report a range of 288 for the 4S and 315 for the RWD. The 4S range is disappointing since I assumed that it would be in between the 4 and the turbo at 298 miles rather than the same as the turbo at 288.
In some reviews you have higher consumptions but i saw one review in normal driving without heavy ft on the pedal making between 16.5 and 21

Electric Macan EV Reviews: 2025 Macan EV Base RWD and 4S 20241015_230502

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
Guess this means the GTS and Turbo S will be announced next week.
I don’t know there’s enough room for the GTS between the 4S and the Turbo right now.

They share the same range and there’s 0.8 sec difference on the 0-60 (maybe even less based on one review).

Would be surprising but who knows!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911
Country flag
Like @tmrqs I think (just a guess) that they are positioning the gas and EV models side by side so they don’t cross names. Ie the removal of the Gas Turbo version was intentional

For example:

Macan RWD (Electric)
Macan (Gas)
Macan T (Gas)
Macan S (Gas)
Macan 4 (Electric)
Macan 4S (Electric)
Macan GTS (gas)
Macan Turbo (Electric)

So in this case, yes there is room for a Turbo or Turbo S or GT etc.

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
Like @tmrqs I think (just a guess) that they are positioning the gas and EV models side by side so they don’t cross names. Ie the removal of the Gas Turbo version was intentional

For example:

Macan RWD (Electric)
Macan (Gas)
Macan T (Gas)
Macan S (Gas)
Macan 4 (Electric)
Macan 4S (Electric)
Macan GTS (gas)
Macan Turbo (Electric)

So in this case, yes there is room for a Turbo or Turbo S or GT etc.
A Turbo GT with 240 mile range. 😅

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Porsche 911
Country flag
A Turbo GT with 240 mile range. 😅
lol i suppose like the Taycan (if it were to happen) it would be a few years away when a better bigger more efficient battery is available but I agree looks like there’s no room for a GTS EV especially when they are still selling the GTS gas version.