• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Dashcam installation issues -- fuse box location?

Joder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne S, Macan EV Turbo
Country flag
So I was looking at locations for where I'm going to put everything (dash cam, toll tag, radar detector) and it looks like the dot matrix is flat despite being quite prevalant.

I'm a bit worried about sticking anything adhesive to the dot matrix. It almost seems like it is inside the glass. Not sure if anyone else has experience with this?

macanchan

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E30/36/46 M3, 97 993TT, 08 S2K CR, 08 430 Scuderia
Country flag
So I was looking at locations for where I'm going to put everything (dash cam, toll tag, radar detector) and it looks like the dot matrix is flat despite being quite prevalant.

I'm a bit worried about sticking anything adhesive to the dot matrix. It almost seems like it is inside the glass. Not sure if anyone else has experience with this?
Do not put it on the dot matrix. Here's a photo of the heated windshield, see the film is hash cut? you can place it over that hash mark for reception. If you have the standard glass, you can place the transponder/radar detector anywhere else.

Electric Macan EV Dashcam installation issues -- fuse box location? IMG_2087.JPG

Joder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Do not put it on the dot matrix. Here's a photo of the heated windshield, see the film is hash cut? you can place it over that hash mark for reception. If you have the standard glass, you can place the transponder/radar detector anywhere else.

For asthetic reasons I would like to put the toll stick where my radar suction cup is right now in the photo. My only worry is that it will pull the dots away if I ever remove it. Then again the dots really seem pretty flat.

Electric Macan EV Dashcam installation issues -- fuse box location? PXL_20241016_180335850

macanchan

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E30/36/46 M3, 97 993TT, 08 S2K CR, 08 430 Scuderia
Country flag
i guess you could try putting the toll transponder on scotch tape, trim, and stick it over the dot matrix.

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
For asthetic reasons I would like to put the toll stick where my radar suction cup is right now in the photo. My only worry is that it will pull the dots away if I ever remove it. Then again the dots really seem pretty flat.

PXL_20241016_180335850.jpg
I’m confused: is this a thing, pulling the black matrix area out of the windshield when removing a device? Has this happened with Porsche (or other cars) and that’s why you’re apprehensive?

I’ve always put my transponders there (with the double sided tape that comes with the transponders), always removed it without any damage, this across different car makes.

Never heard of this concern so genuinely curious about this.

Joder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I’m confused: is this a thing, pulling the black matrix area out of the windshield when removing a device? Has this happened with Porsche (or other cars) and that’s why you’re apprehensive?

I’ve always put my transponders there (with the double sided tape that comes with the transponders), always removed it without any damage, this across different car makes.

Never heard of this concern so genuinely curious about this.
Yeah don't ask me why I'm worried about it now. The Texas tag is a flat stick the size of a credit card with really strong adhesive. Just worried if I ever have to tear it off and replace that it might take some of the black with it and look bad.

Joder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Found the back fuse box. Looks like they are all active, however, I was testing with doors/tailgate open so perhaps they don't switch until these are closed? I have yet to find a switched fuse. I'll keep looking when I have more time.

I haven't found the fuse for the 12vdc outlets. That is certainly switched off.

Also found these two connectors. Wondering if they are for the pre-wire for the front/rear dash cams.

Edit: also found the fix a flat and tire pump.

Electric Macan EV Dashcam installation issues -- fuse box location? PXL_20241018_212727943

Electric Macan EV Dashcam installation issues -- fuse box location? PXL_20241018_212747878

Electric Macan EV Dashcam installation issues -- fuse box location? PXL_20241018_214107079

Electric Macan EV Dashcam installation issues -- fuse box location? PXL_20241018_212848659

platypus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan EV Turbo ordered
Country flag
My installer did run into the same issue (only found active wires), and called me to ask if I had paid for the pre-wiring of the OEM dashcam (I haven’t). He eventually found the accessory power, but he didn’t tell me how he did it.

He did say that testing took a long time because the car continued to have power for 30 min after it was turned off.