• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Dashcam installation issues -- fuse box location?

Joder

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Cayenne S, Macan EV Turbo
Country flag
So I was looking at locations for where I'm going to put everything (dash cam, toll tag, radar detector) and it looks like the dot matrix is flat despite being quite prevalant.

I'm a bit worried about sticking anything adhesive to the dot matrix. It almost seems like it is inside the glass. Not sure if anyone else has experience with this?

macanchan

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E30/36/46 M3, 97 993TT, 08 S2K CR, 08 430 Scuderia
Country flag
So I was looking at locations for where I'm going to put everything (dash cam, toll tag, radar detector) and it looks like the dot matrix is flat despite being quite prevalant.

I'm a bit worried about sticking anything adhesive to the dot matrix. It almost seems like it is inside the glass. Not sure if anyone else has experience with this?
Do not put it on the dot matrix. Here's a photo of the heated windshield, see the film is hash cut? you can place it over that hash mark for reception. If you have the standard glass, you can place the transponder/radar detector anywhere else.

Electric Macan EV Dashcam installation issues -- fuse box location? IMG_2087.JPG

macanchan

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E30/36/46 M3, 97 993TT, 08 S2K CR, 08 430 Scuderia
Country flag
Never going to happen… would be great, but about 0.0000001% chance of this happening. And I’m rounding up.
They know their cameras suck so they would never do this... lol