• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.
Sponsored

1 week with Macan EV Turbo coming from Tesla Model S... wow what a difference

Yves

First Name
Yves
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX / Audi Q7
Country flag
I think the whole steering makes a huge difference. Out ix has a Strange behaviour reducing power while cornering. Imho the ix is really different to Drive. A Little Bit more like a s class, compared the Macan feels more like a hot hatch. Everything imho….
both nice cars, dont get me wrong. We although have a 12/ 23 Cayenne S.
I really doubt you will feel any difference in normal day to day driving (I find the ix in sport with 22 inch already on the limit for normal use) … If you live somewhere in the mountains where you even need to be mad to drive the speed limit I can understand, but where I live with normal roads … zero chance I will feel the difference, will the Porsche be sportier more agile, sure, but 99% of the time most of us will not have a change to experience it 99% of the time … Comfort is more important and I’m curious how the Macan will hold it’s own … Having an iX I can already feel me being claustrophobic in the Macan 😂

Yves

First Name
Yves
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX / Audi Q7
Country flag
LOL :cool:
I dont fully agree with you, but for sure this can claustrophoic :eek:
Hopefully starting from next week after I can be more than just an armchair expert 🤪
Had the same discussion with Lotus Eletre owners, they all claim it drives way sportier than an iX, well after a testdrive I could not feel the difference, except the Lotus had trouble keeping those 23 inch wheels on the road when the surface was not 100% perfect … so I cancelled my pre order

byebye

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan EV to be delivered… or not
Country flag
Are you sure the 12.8 meter is without ras, this is the default turning circle for a iX40 which doesn’t have RAS …
No, I’m not: I’ve taken the specs of the iX 60 which has RAS standard I guess. But can’t be sure

Fun TC Driving

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
iX M60, C8 Z06
Country flag
Our leased iX M60 is super comfortable, consistently beats advertised range, and very competent. Nonetheless, after test driving a Macan turbo, we cannot wait for our lease to be up and it is Porsche EV replaced.

Jetced

First Name
Cedric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Tesla Model 3 Performance, Macan EV turbo (ordered
Country flag
Same here (even the comparison is made between Macan 4 and Tesla M3LR).
The thing I recognize to Tesla is to have opened my mind to EV cars with an the say (maybe too easy) vehicle that has some negative aspects on the driving and pleasure side.
totally agree with both of you!

Yves

First Name
Yves
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX / Audi Q7
Country flag
Our leased iX M60 is super comfortable, consistently beats advertised range, and very competent. Nonetheless, after test driving a Macan turbo, we cannot wait for our lease to be up and it is Porsche EV replaced.
We will keep the iX, it’s the better allrounder, also the software like AppleWatch / iPhone support for the key makes it very versatile for the family to just jump in and drive …

OP
OP

fsabek

First Name
Fuwad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2021 Tesla model s, macan ev turbo waiting for software update at dealership
Country flag
Turn radius and agility make the difference in daily driving IMO.
Coming from a Tesla S, yesterday during my first ever macan test drive, the difference was abysmal!
Didn’t we all tell you it will make you forget the long horrible wait!!!! Congrats

OP
OP

fsabek

First Name
Fuwad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
Yes, in regards to my Tesla MXP, my iX with rear wheel steering feels like a F1 … so I’m curious how it will compare to the Macan Turbo.
Even more with the turbo

OP
OP

fsabek

First Name
Fuwad
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Country flag
I never drove the ix and again hate the front grill. However from my experience with ice beamers and reading reviews I got the impeeesion it is a great sports car and the ix60 had similar performance and speed and also price tag as the turbo

Fun TC Driving

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
iX M60, C8 Z06
Country flag
Our iX M60 is a highly competent vehicle, almost excessive acceleration, but not sports car handling IMO. It’s steering Is, my opinion, second rate to the Macan EV’s.

JonoNZ

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW iX M60, Abarth 500e, Audi RS3, Porsche Macan Turbo PR1X9KR5
Country flag
We love our iX M60 and will be keeping it even when the Macan Turbo arrives.