• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Air Conditioning Issue - Not Functioning!? (Freon Issue)

shawn

First Name
shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan, Model Y, Model 3, XC 40
Country flag
Good open discussion. I am just releaved to know it is not an issue with the car. That is my takeaway.

OP
OP
n4v4nod

n4v4nod

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
2024 Macan 4, 2024 Spyder RS, 2020 Revel Sprinter, 2022 Cranchi E26 Classic
Country flag
Another update...
Picked it up and everything worked great. Right before arriving home the AC shut off then went back on. When I arrived home the AC shut off again. I turned it off and back on and the AC temporarily went back on for a couple minutes... then automatically off again and never back on since. Fan blows only. I think I have a Freon leak after all. I have it scheduled for PPF install tomorrow, so it will have to wait until next week to return back to the dealer.

erg922

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan EV
Macan EV delayed delivery because of AC hose. Signed paperwork, paid for car back in late September. Sales guy called back yesterday to say there is a problem with AC hose and they need a part before they can make delivery. He has no date as of today 10/10. Wonder if this is related to the problems described in the thread. Mildly annoying given the car is paid for, had seen the car a couple of weeks ago and no idea when I get it even after having paid in full.

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
Macan EV delayed delivery because of AC hose. Signed paperwork, paid for car back in late September. Sales guy called back yesterday to say there is a problem with AC hose and they need a part before they can make delivery. He has no date as of today 10/10. Wonder if this is related to the problems described in the thread. Mildly annoying given the car is paid for, had seen the car a couple of weeks ago and no idea when I get it even after having paid in full.
Odd, I always pay the day I drive the car home. Is there a reason why they wanted the payment ahead of delivery?

erg922

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan EV
They don't really care. I just always wire transfer the money, so I don't have to go the bank and get a cashiers check. Just assumed they would have the car ready in a day or two.

macanchan

First Name
Allan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
E30/36/46 M3, 97 993TT, 08 S2K CR, 08 430 Scuderia
Country flag
For my car, the dealer diagnosed the issue as the AC control unit, they ordered the part and ETA is 1 week. Hopefully this resolves my issue. It may be the same issue for your car unless the refrigerant is low. They've had my car for 2 weeks now.. I requested to pick up my car tomorrow and bring it back in after the parts are in.