• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Car damaged during shipment

ExVolt

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Volt
Country flag
We ordered our highly optioned car in March. We were due to pick it up next week. As you can imagine, we were a bit excited.

Unfortunately, Porsche just called and said our car was damaged during shipment. They couldn’t /wouldn’t provide specifics.

They explained that they have to have whatever panel(s) were damaged shipped in from Germany (we are in California). Maybe 3 weeks, maybe longer.

We’ve never owned a car that has had bodywork done on it so this makes us a bit nauseous.

I’m curious what others in this forum would do in our situation. Any sage advice will be welcomed.

MFitz

First Name
Michael
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4S ordered PSDIARI0
Country flag
I would thank them for their honesty and tell them you will not accept a repaired Porsche. Why take that chance? I think most people would opt out and ask for a new car.

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
That really sucks…

If it’s indeed just cosmetic and they are swapping a dinged/scratched/something panel for a brand new one… the car will still be brand new, not like there will be any records of it being in an accident.

I would use that repair and additional delay as leverage to ask for a discount, either on the car itself, accessories or services.

The alternative is to walk away from this car, get something in stock elsewhere (but goodbye specs you dearly chose) or get a new allocation (and wait a while again).

I’d go with option 1 personally - assuming they confirm it’s strictly cosmetic damage.

PanameraFrank

First Name
Frank
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S
Country flag
Demand specifics. What was damaged, how it was damaged, what exactly is being done. Hard to say before we know all of that.

It's not uncommon for cars to receive minor damage in transit and have pre-delivery repairs. But it's extremely disappointing and I'd be highly concerned as well.

Fun TC Driving

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
iX M60, C8 Z06
Country flag
On average, regardless of brand up to an including Ferrari, 1% of vehicles are damaged in transit. Ferrari has a special facility at the Port of Baltimore where they can fix anything, is only the second place in the world (factory being the other) trusted to re-match to perfection custom ordered/created colors.

Sorry your was damaged but the end result of it being fixed would most likely be that you would not be able to tell what was even the originally damaged area.

Hopefully time-wise, you will be yours delivered to you in less than three weeks and be perfect!

Awaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40, next Porsche Macan EV
Country flag
I think you need to find out what kind of damage it has, and the dealer should really tell you this, and go and check it yourself.
If indeed its cosmetic where a panel or something needs changing, then it's no big deal.

If its a major damage, then walk away and order a new one. That might take longer, but another positive is you get a newer 2025 version.