• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

Car goes automatically to Park

nulled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
Just picked it up. The car is amazing! However I am in park and and when I try to put it Drive or Reverse, it goes back to Park. If I try multiple times a very strange mechanical noise comes out of the rear. If I do I power cycle it switches to drive or reverse but otherwise it doesn’t.

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
Maybe it's a stupid question but are you keeping your foot on brake pedal while you switch from park to drive/reverse?

krissrock

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Audi TT Roadster, Ducati Panigale, Cheverolet Trailblazer, Kia Sportage Hybrid
Country flag
is the car "running?"
i'm not sure how the macan is (cuz i don't have mine yet), but with my wife's car, this happened a couple weeks ago.
i kept trying to put it in reverse or drive, and it wasn't do it....it was because the car was "ON" but not "running" .... with these EV/hybrids, it's hard to tell since the motor is not running...

OP
OP

nulled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
Maybe it's a stupid question but are you keeping your foot on brake pedal while you switch from park to drive/reverse?
Yes. I think the driver's door wasn't fully closed... Which is strange because there wasn't a warning and I checked for movement and door felt properly closed. When I slammed it harder, the switch between Drive and Reverse worked. I also got the yellow collision warning icon on the dash...

So my new question is: Do you doors close fine with normal force or you need to apply extra force. Been driving a Polestar 2 for the past 2 weeks and its door closed perfectly with very little force. Could it be a problem with the car or I need to just calibrate my mind a bit...

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
Good find!
Yes you have to consider that these are German doors that love to be slammed 😂 😂 😂 😂
(my wife has already applied his usual way to close door that on my last Tesla was like an earthquake and made me think that some window could broke... here is a dry "Toc").

OP
OP

nulled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
Good find!
Yes you have to consider that these are German doors that love to be slammed 😂 😂 😂 😂
(my wife has already applied his usual way to close door that on my last Tesla was like an earthquake and made me think that some window could broke... here is a dry "Toc").
You are such a vibrant part of this forum 🌈 Thanks for your help!

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
I try my best with my bad English and enthusiasm for my car.

Diego

First Name
Diego
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
Just curious if your app also shows ‘service now’ 🥶

IMG_5262.jpg
Yes, it happened to me too. I simply check the car (no warning), close and open again and it return to the correct data.
Check on the PCM that all the info are in the service menù (some of them are linked to the car but other are open (safety pack, tires emergency fluid, and so).

OP
OP

nulled

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan 4
Country flag
Thank you so much! I am away from the car 💔 but I will check when I am back.

On the English topic: In EU we all speak our own version of English which I think it's amazing. Also for us it's just a trading language, like a utility 😅

nalves

First Name
Nuno
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW 530e
Country flag
Parabéns @nulled !! Please post some photos of your Macan in the beautiful city of Oporto :involve: