• Welcome to MacanEVowners! If you're joining us from Taycanforum.com, then you may already have an account here.

If you were registered on Taycanforum as of January 24, 2024 or earlier, then you can simply login here with the same username and password

If you wish, you can remove your account here.

tmrqs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan Turbo Electric ordered!
Country flag
It was the super-secret section right between the iPad Mini and AppleTV updates. Yup, that's right, I'm sure I saw it there.

Also, don't sign up for my stock-picking newsletter!

Actually I was surprised that the new CarPlay wasn't mentioned at all, I guess it was all about AI and the cameras for the phones this year.
CarPlay is a WWDC topic, not really an iPhone launch one. :)

bogomya

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Mercedes EQS
Country flag
Hope Porsche will not shift Macan software update to the next WWDC date😃

FirstEV

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan EV
Country flag
I frankly have no idea when the delivery start is in Sweden. I heard from my Porsche dealer a week ago that it should arrive at the dealership any day now. I even received my plate number and it has been in Sweden officially registered since 27th of August. So hopefully 20 September is the delivery date 😊

nulled

First Name
Dimo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Model 3
Country flag
My date got shifted from 20th to 27th with a promise for following week delivery...

First Name
Ina
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Macan EV ordered
Country flag
We have been told yesterday, that Porsche will net sell anything before 19 September. we have transferred our money to them today and they will try to get the license plates, etc. on the 18th. For our dealer, they have received six cars in total. The problem is still the software update. Not the software update itself, but the hardware that they use to do the software updates. The software update for the first car seemed to have run perfectly well, for the second car it had to be started four times. Third car didn’t work at all (I hope, that ours wasn’t the third one) and the fourth one they will try today. The car dealer told me yesterday, that it is a big deal to run software updates with new hardware on a totally new car model. let’s hope that it gets better, the more cars they update. We are still hoping to get ours on the 19th or 20th next week.

ppolo135

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Awaiting Porsche Macan 4
Has anyone in Europe or more specifically the UK collected their EV Macan yet? Or got a confirmed delivery/pick up date? My vehicle was supposed to be built by now but the latest from my dealer was it is still showing as "‘in production’".

snb7x

First Name
Bertie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Taycan 4S, Porsche Macan S, Z4 3.0i Conv, VW Golf & Taycan Turbo (awaited)
Country flag
I chased for an update yesterday which originally had been forecast in June to be for end Sept.
I posted here 3 weeks ago that there’d be update issues and launch in U.K. was earliest mid Oct with early Nov the new delivery date for my Macan 4.

last week I chased for latest and it had moved to an improved date of mid Oct.

Yesterday I asked again and would you believe it’s now expected in dealer 27th Sept (a Friday) and mad panic for me to take the car or pay and allow them to register it before Sept month end 🧐🤨🤯

(has anyone given thought to impact of April 25 onwards new road tax treatment for EV and specifically cars with new lost value of > £40,000? (Any scope to cancel the £0 year tax in March 25 (even if by SORN) and re-tax for paying £0 for mid March for 12mths at £0 ???)

ppolo135

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Awaiting Porsche Macan 4
I chased for an update yesterday which originally had been forecast in June to be for end Sept.
I posted here 3 weeks ago that there’d be update issues and launch in U.K. was earliest mid Oct with early Nov the new delivery date for my Macan 4.

last week I chased for latest and it had moved to an improved date of mid Oct.

Yesterday I asked again and would you believe it’s now expected in dealer 27th Sept (a Friday) and mad panic for me to take the car or pay and allow them to register it before Sept month end 🧐🤨🤯

(has anyone given thought to impact of April 25 onwards new road tax treatment for EV and specifically cars with new lost value of > £40,000? (Any scope to cancel the £0 year tax in March 25 (even if by SORN) and re-tax for paying £0 for mid March for 12mths at £0 ???)

This is graet news. Keep us updated on here. Glad to hear at least some cars are making their way to the UK.

Awaz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
BMW i4 eDrive 40, next Porsche Macan EV
Country flag

Yes, new road tax of £180 and 'luxury car' premium tax of £410, total £590 is going to be a bummer from 1 April 2025.
Even if you can cancel the £0 year tax in March 25 and re-tax paying £0, you are basically saving half of £590, if your delivery is on 27th Sept.
Even if you can't do as you suggest, it's not something to worry about in the grand scheme of things, considering what you are paying for the Porsche. :confused:

Duke95

First Name
David
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicles
Pathfinder, Macan 4 on order
Country flag
Nothing for those of us whose car was going to be shipped on the Marvelous Ace to Baltimore, Freeport, and other points, that that ship is now being "skipped". It's been at anchor for a week. Waiting for my SA to reach out but my Oct 11 date will likely be at least a month later. 😑